Trt 6 week blood work please HELP

Buy Lab Tests Online

Kingronnie

Hi guys , long time reader of this forum , only just joined . Love the community ,
i am 30 years old and have been on trt for 6 weeks . Am on :
100mg cyp per week (50mg Monday & Thursday)
.25 Adex 2x per week

i had a blood test today (Thursday ) before taking my second shot for the week,
results were
total test : 374ng/dl
estrodiol : 23.4 pg/ml

everything else including shbg , free t3/t4 , cbc , prolactin all normal

my my total test prior to starting trt was 259 Ng/dl

even though this is my trough day before next dose, I was expecting the level to be much higher.
Does anyone have any comments or thoughts ?
I am 6'2 , 280lbs and have high body fat at present (28%)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Kingronnie

Your total T does look low, do you have a full set of labs you could post along with the ranges.

Hi pal thanks for the reply. Yes I did think it looked low even for a trough
i injected 50mg of cyp at 6pm on Monday and had this blood draw at 10am Thursday.
unfortunatly I don't have the full panel results yet , I will post them soon as I do.
Even though this is an improvement from my pre trt levels, I would have expected I would have been in the 500+ range even in the trough .
Any ideas on why this may be ? Could this be related to high body fat ?
What are the best times to have blood draws done ? I always thought before next inject .
Thanks fellas

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi pal thanks for the reply. Yes I did think it looked low even for a trough
i injected 50mg of cyp at 6pm on Monday and had this blood draw at 10am Thursday.
unfortunatly I don't have the full panel results yet , I will post them soon as I do.
Even though this is an improvement from my pre trt levels, I would have expected I would have been in the 500+ range even in the trough .
Any ideas on why this may be ? Could this be related to high body fat ?
What are the best times to have blood draws done ? I always thought before next inject .
Thanks fellas
It's not related to being overweight. Do labs on injection day before you inject. It sounds like you are injecting Thursday morning and Monday evening. One of my thoughts would be, are you sure you're injecting the right amount of testosterone.

Kingronnie

I Am injecting Monday / Thursday . Both days I inject same time after work @ 6-7pm . Having injected this evening @ 7pm, when should I get next bloods done ? Should I be trying to check peak or only trough ?
Absolutly 100% correct dose. My cyp is 100mg/ml so I'm doing 0.5ml Monday/Thursday.

Vince

Super Moderator
I Am injecting Monday / Thursday . Both days I inject same time after work @ 6-7pm . Having injected this evening @ 7pm, when should I get next bloods done ? Should I be trying to check peak or only trough ?
Get labs done before you inject (trough) so around 6 or 7pm get labs and then inject. I always fast before I do labs, if I inject Monday morning and Thursday evening, it makes it easy for me to fast and do labs on Monday morning before I inject.

Kingronnie

Thanks for that advice I shall do . Having read many others results with the same dosage I am taking, it seems I'm way lower than the general population on same dose, I will do another test and see what's going on.
Any thoughts as to what could be causing this ? Is it just a matter of trying a higher dose. Say 150mg per week, which my dr has approved if I want to ?

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks for that advice I shall do . Having read many others results with the same dosage I am taking, it seems I'm way lower than the general population on same dose, I will do another test and see what's going on.
Any thoughts as to what could be causing this ? Is it just a matter of trying a higher dose. Say 150mg per week, which my dr has approved if I want to ?
I would be very surprised if your doctor didn't recommend you going to a higher dose. I agree 150 mg per week would be a good move. I would also consider adding HCG to your protocol.

CoastWatcher

Hcg is going to be added this week . My doctor wanted to see what test cyp and Adex alone would do .. Thanks for your reply
Testosterone and anastrozole "alone," as your doctor put it, is unrelated to HCG use. HCG is typically prescribed to remain testicular vitality and restore other hormonal streams.

Kingronnie

Testosterone and anastrozole "alone," as your doctor put it, is unrelated to HCG use. HCG is typically prescribed to remain testicular vitality and restore other hormonal streams.

Got it . Yes my dr has explained the hcg/ pregnenolone connection and other factors of benifit.
I wonder if my pre blood test meal skewed the readings , had a high fat meal prior to . Would it be of benifit to inject 100mg all at once and re test the trough in 7 days time ? As opposed to injecting 50mg and checking ?
thanjs for the replies fellas

CoastWatcher

Got it . Yes my dr has explained the hcg/ pregnenolone connection and other factors of benifit.
I wonder if my pre blood test meal skewed the readings , had a high fat meal prior to . Would it be of benifit to inject 100mg all at once and re test the trough in 7 days time ? As opposed to injecting 50mg and checking ?
thanjs for the replies fellas

No...no...no. Making changes like that are going to tell you anything. You don't make one-off switches in your protocol and hope to learn anything. Any change, any change at all, requires four to six weeks to establish itself.

Whatever impact your meal had on your testing would have been minimal.

Kingronnie

No...no...no. Making changes like that are going to tell you anything. You don't make one-off switches in your protocol and hope to learn anything. Any change, any change at all, requires four to six weeks to establish itself.

Whatever impact your meal had on your testing would have been minimal.

Got ya.
What impact in your opinion does high bodyfat have on this result? Im quite high (28%+) at present. This is something I am adressing regardless of trt but just wondering what impact it may have.
My pre TRT total test was between 200-250ng/dl. Could this starting point have an impact as to how much 50mg of cyp would have on my trough level?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me