Trt and prolactin

Buy Lab Tests Online

Don24

Went to go see a endo 2 years ago was put on TRT But I had high prolactin was at 31 did a MRI nothing was found only symptom I had was low testosterone was at 285 . Fast forward to now went to see a endocrinologist about my prolactin it went up to 41 doing a few more test but she thinks if we lower my prolactin my testosterone will go back up in to the 500-600 range and I wouldn't need trt . She said somthing about a pill I would have to take to lower my prolactin. With a number of 41 if I lower it into normal range would that really bring my test number up that much .

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Don24

She did say we would have to do a restart to see if I would start making my own testosterone and she wouldn't just stop cold , no I have not been on hcg just 100mg of testosterone a week , the new test I had to do today where CBC and differential ,cortisol , IGF 1 , luteinizing hormone . Never had a full thyroid work up just the normal one I get once a year at my reg dr . She didn't say anything about my adrenals.

Dostinex or more commonly known as Cabergoline (or "Caber") is the drug used to reduce Prolactin, probably aiming for a number in the range of 12 (+/- 5)

Don24

Ok thanks , but would that really bring my testosterone numbers up that much ? . I know my prolactin is some what high but didn't think it was that high

rhino5169

Don what is therange with that number of 31?

VC what is the range for that number of 12?

On a scale of 4 -15 my prolactin is 13.
was thinking of trying caborgoline. Thoughts?

CoastWatcher

Don what is therange with that number of 31?

VC what is the range for that number of 12?

On a scale of 4 -15 my prolactin is 13.
was thinking of trying caborgoline. Thoughts?
What prompts this consideration? It's been pointed out that suppressing prolactin is a risky exercise. I believe Dr. Saya has written here that he is very cautious about treating an individual with in-range results.

Last edited:
What prompts this consideration? It's been pointed out that suppressing prolactin is a risky exercise. I believe Dr. Saya has written here that he is very cautious about treating an individual with in-range results.

He has said that he does it when all else fails.

That's from memory though.

rhino5169

I can find the post but yes he did say with someone with ed and all else fails it's worth trying.
Also, intention wouldn't be to tank prolactin but just to lower a bit within the scale.
Still undecided though, just wanted some thoughts or experienced comments.
Thx

And that's why I said you may be with treating it looking for a number in the 12 range down from 31. Hypo-Prolactinemia(?) is like everything else too high is bad, and too low in just as bad, reason I said bring it down to a ~12 and check symptoms. The bottom on the lab range is like a 4 IIRC.

Don24

The range test I did for the prolactin was 3.00-14.75 ng /ml mine was 36 my cortisol was 15 ug/dl range 3.7-19 ug/dl and my igf1 was 253 range 53-331 other test she did where Hgb A1C mine was 5.0 my LH was 0.05 but that's due to me being on trt now everything els came in range my Hematocrit Was back up to 53 but I think it's higher because I did a blood test right when I got up and didn't have much to drink most of the time when I have a afternoon noon blood test it's 48-49 , she wants me to do another MRI to makes shure nothing has changed doing that next week . I just don't know what to do try to come off trt and treat the prolactin and see if my testosterone gos up from when I started trt was 285 she thinks it will come up but i haven't read good things about the prolactin pill . What do you guys think

Don24

At the end of the day the plan is to take as little of medications as possible. With the prolactin at 36 the only symptoms I had was low testosterone 285. Iam treating that now with trt I had no problems with ED or orgamsm but it's confusing when you have two DR telling you two different things

Don24

Just wanted to give a update. My prolactin is down to normal levels Iam taking a half a pill of caber once a week really low dose seamed to work . Over the last 8 weeks I have tapered down my testosterone from 150mg a week down to 50mg went ok .its been two weeks sence my last shot I feel fine so far my Endo gave me clomid to try if I wanted to 12.5mg 3 times a week for pct. she wanted to see with my prolactin normal now if my testosterone wil come back to normal levels

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me