High Doses of Testosterone Caused Hypothyrodism in Rats

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Effects of Testosterone Enanthate Treatment in Conjunction with Resistance Training on Thyroid Hormones and Lipid Profile

This study was conducted to determine the effects of 8-week administration of testosterone enanthate (TE) in conjunction with resistance training (RT) on thyroid hormones and lipid profiles.
Sixty male adult Wistar rats were randomly divided into six groups:

• C: olive oil,
• RT: resistance training + olive oil,
• LD: TE (20 mg/kg),
• HD: TE (50 mg/kg),
• RT + LD: RT + TE (20 mg/kg),
• RT + HD: RT + TE (50 mg/kg).

The RT consisted of climbing (5 reps/3 sets) a ladder carrying a load suspended from the tail. At the end, blood specimens were obtained from the orbital sinus and serum concentration of T4, T3, TSH and lipid profiles was determined.

The serum concentration of TSH significantly increased in RT + HD group compared to C, and the serum concentration of T4 significantly decreased in LD, HD, RT + LD and RT + HD groups compared to the C and RT groups (p < .05). The concentration of HDL and cholesterol significantly decreased in HD and RT + HD groups compared with C group (p < .05).

Both decreased T4 and increased TSH in the RT + HD group likely suggested a primary hypothyroidism as a complication of high-dose administration of testosterone enanthate along with resistance training. Alteration in lipid profile was another complication observed in rats received high doses of testosterone enanthate.

Zarei M, Zaeemi M, Rashidlamir A. Effects of testosterone enanthate treatment in conjunction with resistance training on thyroid hormones and lipid profile in male Wistar rats. Andrologia.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Re-Ride

Each day when I awake I thank the creator for not giving me life as a rat. ALL the same I question why He places rats on my path of evolution.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me