L-Carnitine ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

stevep

The title should have been: "L-Citrulline Malate?"

So my resting heart rate has normally been around 66 - 68. For some reason it jumped to 74 around the first of the month and that was coming off vacation for 9 days without exercise and maybe not eating better than I should have.

So a couple weeks ago I started daily 6 grams of L-Citrulline Malate (2:1) and 2 grams L-Carnitine which I think works great. But I wonder if it is the main cause for my HR dropping down to 62 - 64 the past week or so. Here is a resting HR graph from my fitbit:

BP Graph.jpg

I also noticed I have to work harder on the treadmill to get my HR in the 140+ range. Normal fast walk at ~3.8/9 mph and 3 to 4% incline my heart stays in the 110-120 range. I hate jogging but that is what it's now taking to get my heart rate up.

I've noticed lifting gets my HR up pretty good in short burst.

On my last doctors visit (17th) my BP was pretty good; 122/68 whereas in April it was 134/76 and January 132/72. The latter still not bad for an old fat man, but the 122/68 is better.

So back to my original question; do you think the L-Citrulline Malate is the main contributor to bringing my resting HR down?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

KSPhD

One theory has suggested that L-Carnatine is antagonist to peripheral thyroid hormone action. Are you hypo/hyper thyroid or subclinical in either direction?

KSPhD

I found some older studies showing a similar effect on heart rate. I'd be interested to see if this levels for you in the next few days.

stevep

I found some older studies showing a similar effect on heart rate. I'd be interested to see if this levels for you in the next few days.

I gave it a week or two and here is the original graph and the one I pulled this morning. This week my resting heart rate has hovered between 58 to 62.

I take the L-Citrulline Malate 2:1 prior to heading to the gym; 4 or 5 days a week. I consume 3 scoops which should be 6 grams of L-Citrullilne and 3 grams of the Malate. As many have stated here the taste isn't good. It reminds me of taking a BC Powder for a headache.

I'm not sure of others here have the same results.

BP Graph.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

Steve

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com