Canadian way of TRT I guess???

Buy Lab Tests Online

TAS

Hey everyone,
I would like to present my TRT journey and would appreciate any feedback on the protocol that I am on.
Am 41 years old and after almost 10 years suffering of Low T symptoms was put on Androgel 1% 5 gm /day with a baseline total Testosterone level of 5.6 nmol/L (8.4-28.8 nmol/L). Tried to talk my endo into a injectable form but he was convinced to have seen extremely good results with transdermals specially to treat decreased libido as it converts more to DHT. Anyways 3 months later although libido was improved, the total Test only went up to 6.1 nmol/L which was unacceptable. I thought that was it and he will prescribe me an injectable now and was thinking about convincing him to biweekly injections. I was shocked to see him write me a script for 300mg/3 weeks of Test E.
He seems a very knowledgeable dr. and says to have helped many bodybuilders and people with sports background and believes that even weekly injections are not neccessary as long as the E2 is under control. Claims almost none of his pt.s need an AI.
I opted out of HCG as already have 3 kids and fertility is not an issue anymore, also am not concerned about the asthetics of the testicles.
I was given requisitions to check my peak and trough total test , Cbc, PSA and ALT levels and only trough E2 levels.
So I did my peak tests on day 9 of the 300mg Test E injection and trough tests on day 20.

Peak Total Test: 27.1 nmol/L (8.4-28.8 nmol/L)
Hgb and Hct levels were within reference range. ALT and PSA was within ref range.

Trough Total test: 8.1 (8.4-28.8 nmol/L)
E2 : 101 pmol/L ( < 162 pmpl/L) direct immunoassay

According to him the results are optimal atleast for the 2 out of 3 weeks and that he would keep me on the same protocol.

I have been feeling pretty good. Only during the 7th -15th days I felt increased sensitivity in the nipples which went away as my test went down. Generally, increased energy, libido, erections, better mood and better workouts in the gym. Muscle mass seems to be increasing as have gained about 4 lbs already.
I only felt not so good during the 4-5 days before my shot and was getting a bit irritated.
Now, I am really confused as to change anything like increasing the frequency of the shots or to keep them the same at 3 weeks.
He is going to see me in 6 months with new peak level results.
I thank every one to read this post and appreciate any suggestions from experienced members.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hey everyone,
I would like to present my TRT journey and would appreciate any feedback on the protocol that I am on.
Am 41 years old and after almost 10 years suffering of Low T symptoms was put on Androgel 1% 5 gm /day with a baseline total Testosterone level of 5.6 nmol/L (8.4-28.8 nmol/L). Tried to talk my endo into a injectable form but he was convinced to have seen extremely good results with transdermals specially to treat decreased libido as it converts more to DHT. Anyways 3 months later although libido was improved, the total Test only went up to 6.1 nmol/L which was unacceptable. I thought that was it and he will prescribe me an injectable now and was thinking about convincing him to biweekly injections. I was shocked to see him write me a script for 300mg/3 weeks of Test E.
He seems a very knowledgeable dr. and says to have helped many bodybuilders and people with sports background and believes that even weekly injections are not neccessary as long as the E2 is under control. Claims almost none of his pt.s need an AI.
I opted out of HCG as already have 3 kids and fertility is not an issue anymore, also am not concerned about the asthetics of the testicles.
I was given requisitions to check my peak and trough total test , Cbc, PSA and ALT levels and only trough E2 levels.
So I did my peak tests on day 9 of the 300mg Test E injection and trough tests on day 20.

Peak Total Test: 27.1 nmol/L (8.4-28.8 nmol/L)
Hgb and Hct levels were within reference range. ALT and PSA was within ref range.

Trough Total test: 8.1 (8.4-28.8 nmol/L)
E2 : 101 pmol/L ( < 162 pmpl/L) direct immunoassay

According to him the results are optimal atleast for the 2 out of 3 weeks and that he would keep me on the same protocol.

I have been feeling pretty good. Only during the 7th -15th days I felt increased sensitivity in the nipples which went away as my test went down. Generally, increased energy, libido, erections, better mood and better workouts in the gym. Muscle mass seems to be increasing as have gained about 4 lbs already.
I only felt not so good during the 4-5 days before my shot and was getting a bit irritated.
Now, I am really confused as to change anything like increasing the frequency of the shots or to keep them the same at 3 weeks.
He is going to see me in 6 months with new peak level results.
I thank every one to read this post and appreciate any suggestions from experienced members.
I'm a Canadian, and I can assure you that while you may feel good now, it isn't a protocol that's going to work for very much longer. Your doctor quite simply hasn't an understanding of testosterone half-life; if he did he'd realize that no matter how much testosterone he prescribes, too much time is passing between injections. That is reflected in your pitiful trough response. Testing you once and then again at the six month mark? He's out of date and clueless.

It it is a challenge, but it is possible to find quality care in our country. Where do you live?

TAS

He believes my trough levels will be better as the testosterone reaches a steady state in my body.
Since I live in Canada and dont have the luxury of getting my tests done by paying for them, I am thinking of taking a 200mg/2 weeks shot instead of the 300mg/3 weeks and just go by the feeling.
I live in Mississauga btw.

CoastWatcher

He believes my trough levels will be better as the testosterone reaches a steady state in my body.
Since I live in Canada and dont have the luxury of getting my tests done by paying for them, I am thinking of taking a 200mg/2 weeks shot instead of the 300mg/3 weeks and just go by the feeling.
I live in Mississauga btw.

There is a reason that the vast majority of successful protocols, save for men with sky-high SHBG, feature small, frequent injections of testosterone: the half-life of the hormone, and the minimizing of estradiol spikes/levels. A typical starting protocol is 50-60 mg every 3.5 days. A good number of men inject on an every other day basis, more and more (though still a small number) inject daily. At the end of a week there is no testosterone left. The number of days may vary slightly depending on your SHBG, but by day eight or nine you're dry. No matter how much you injected.

As for testing, why not just ask him for a requisition? A lot can happen in six months that it would be better getting ahead of.

Should you wish a referral to someone else message me and I'll reply with a name.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me