First 6 weeks on TRT - estrogen a concern or not?

Buy Lab Tests Online

spibok

Hi guys

Been on TRT level dose of Test Cyp for about 6 weeks now (self-administered FYI). Nothing else at this moment.

200mg/week splits into two doses done SubQ. Have had decent results in terms of strength, moderate in terms of mood, concentration etc. A slight uptick in libido but nothing life changing, although do expect this to be a "slow burn" and am in this for the long haul so none of this concerns me.

Had bloods done (which was always the plan after 6 weeks to check/test/tweak) Results below

Total test - 49.5 nmol/L (up from 30)
SHBG - 66 nmol/L (down from mid-80s)
Free Test - 833 pmol/L (up from 215)
Oestradil - 250 pmol/L

I inject Tuesday and Friday. Bloods were taken on a Thursday.

My only real concern is the estrogen number. Is this a concern? My initial kneejerk response was "I NEED AN AI", although I have heard some terrible things about them totally tanking your estrogen levels. And seems like an optimal level of estrogen is as important to wellbeing as testosterone. Is there some truth to the T vs E ratio I have read a bit about. If my test is at 1000 and my estrogen at 300 pmol/L is that OK in context? My preference is for as few drugs as possible hence my query.

No qualitative markers of estrogen. I dont have any noticeable nipple sensitivity and I dont cry at romantic comedies or pictures of puppies. :p

Queried the lab and they use the Siemens Centaur immunoassay for their oestradiol tests. Not the LCMS which is the more "sensitive" one correct?

In an ideal world, I would like my test just north of 1000. Should I be concerned at that estrogen number? Rather than implementing an AI I have decided for now to inject smaller doses more frequently then retest after a month. Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
You already know the E test was the wrong test so it's pretty hard to even have a discussion about Oestradiol, I'm not sure that I'm familiar with that one but you should get the correct test at the next opportunity to check your levels. Do not get as my friend JohnDoeSmith recently called it..."Estrophobia".

madman

Super Moderator
Hi guys

Been on TRT level dose of Test Cyp for about 6 weeks now (self-administered FYI). Nothing else at this moment.

200mg/week splits into two doses done SubQ. Have had decent results in terms of strength, moderate in terms of mood, concentration etc. A slight uptick in libido but nothing life changing, although do expect this to be a "slow burn" and am in this for the long haul so none of this concerns me.

Had bloods done (which was always the plan after 6 weeks to check/test/tweak) Results below

Total test - 49.5 nmol/L (up from 30)
SHBG - 66 nmol/L (down from mid-80s)
Free Test - 833 pmol/L (up from 215)
Oestradil - 250 pmol/L

I inject Tuesday and Friday. Bloods were taken on a Thursday.

My only real concern is the estrogen number. Is this a concern? My initial kneejerk response was "I NEED AN AI", although I have heard some terrible things about them totally tanking your estrogen levels. And seems like an optimal level of estrogen is as important to wellbeing as testosterone. Is there some truth to the T vs E ratio I have read a bit about. If my test is at 1000 and my estrogen at 300 pmol/L is that OK in context? My preference is for as few drugs as possible hence my query.

No qualitative markers of estrogen. I dont have any noticeable nipple sensitivity and I dont cry at romantic comedies or pictures of puppies. :p

Queried the lab and they use the Siemens Centaur immunoassay for their oestradiol tests. Not the LCMS which is the more "sensitive" one correct?

In an ideal world, I would like my test just north of 1000. Should I be concerned at that estrogen number? Rather than implementing an AI I have decided for now to inject smaller doses more frequently then retest after a month. Thoughts?

Try lowering your dose to 80mg every 3.5 days. If 49.5 nmol/L is your trough 1400 ng/dl is high you could easily lower your dose and end up feeling better. As far as estrogen like VC said you need to get the sensitive assay for estradiol not the standard. Unless your are experiencing negative symptoms related to high estradiol I would not start an AI. Injecting smaller doses more frequently usually benefits low sgbh guys and does not always bring down e2.Your shbg is high so I would just stick with your every 3.5 day protocol for now just lower your dose and see how you feel as your e will drop.

spibok

Cheers guys I appreciate the response. Thats the protocol I have instituted as of this week is smaller doses more frequently and then retest/retweak in a month. Will let you know how it goes.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me