Possible long term side effects anastrozole ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rjsnuruf

Hello everyone, I would like to know what you think about the possible long-term side effects of anastrozole. I am worried because I am 27 years old and I am on TRT and have been for two years, My dose is 200 mg a week without anastrozole, I also take HCG 500 IU a week, my estrogen levels are just above of the high point of the range but I dont have symptoms of high estrogen or gynecomastia. I am thinking on taking Zinc and Boron to lower my estrogen
All who are on TRT should be aware of the possible side effects of anastrozole since there is little information on long-term use in men, recently I read about the side effects of Finasteride, Finasteride is a enzyme inhibitor which is different to anastrozole but is an enzyme inhibitor and the side effects are disastrous such as permanent erectile dysfunction and watery semen, there is even a syndrome called "Post finasteride syndrome", the conclusion I have is that the enzyme inhibitors probably can damage the tissue where they block enzymes and therefore may cause permanent damage.
That’s why I don’t take it, what are your thoughts about this?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I do supplement with Jarrow zinc balance and Boron. I would never consider taking finasteride, too many horror stories. Thankful I never needed an AI, as you know low estradiol can really cause bad issues.

LTChris

if you are not having any high estrogen symptoms, maybe you don't need to alter estrogen levels. Might be best to leave it be.

CoastWatcher

You report no symptoms that you could be attributed to elevated estradiol, your test results (you are in Mexico, so the sensitive e2 test may not be available to you) are only slightly over the top of the range, and your are worried about he to lower your estradiol. I agree with LTChris and think you should relax.

Estradiol isn't something men need to purge from their bodies. It's a necessary hormone for sexual function, skeletal health, and cognitive function. Depending on where your total and free testosterone sit, your estradiol may climb into the upper 30s or low 40s. If you feel good, let things be.

Rjsnuruf

Thanks, for the replies, yes i have been on 200mgs/week without the AI, and i feel good, all the good stuff. My doctor was considering adding Anastrozol because i have a little high E2, but after talking for about 1 hour if its was necesary we get to the conclusion to add Zinc, copper and Boron to lower the Estrogen.
We dont know the long term side effects so i think is better to not take an AI.
Also i want to know if someone has succeeded with Zinc, copper and boron to lower the estrogen.
Thanks.

CoastWatcher

Thanks, for the replies, yes i have been on 200mgs/week without the AI, and i feel good, all the good stuff. My doctor was considering adding Anastrozol because i have a little high E2, but after talking for about 1 hour if its was necesary we get to the conclusion to add Zinc, copper and Boron to lower the Estrogen.
Also i want to know if someone has succeeded with Zinc, copper and boron to lower the estrogen.
Thanks.
You and your doctor are lowering estradiol because the number is a bit high? How high? We do know that the long term effects of pushing estradiol too low include osteopenia/osteoporosis, impaired sexual function, cognitive and mood depression.

Rjsnuruf

Yes i agree with you but i was refering about the long term side effect of an AI other than low estrogen because maybe in the future we will see some strange or rare conditions associated with anastrozol there are few studies in men on the long term.
Im not going to take an AI and im only going to take zinc and boron only 2, 3 times a week. Also thats why i am asking if someone has succeeded with zinc and boron because i dont want to lower it to much maybe a little bit to dont be in the high limits of e2.

Vince

Super Moderator
I take 3 mg of boron twice a day, along with one zinc balance twice a day, I've always had good estradiol levels. But when it comes to estradiol we are all different.

Rjsnuruf

I take 3 mg of boron twice a day, along with one zinc balance twice a day, I've always had good estradiol levels. But when it comes to estradiol we are all different.

Yes, that's true, i'm going to add this supplements to my regimen and see how my estrogen level goes.
Thanks.

user_joe

I don't think the studies are there. We simply don't know. The studies in women show the negative sides of low estrogen. Well no kidding. They are using the drug to zero it out.

Most of us use so little anastrozole I don't think there is much to be concerned with. Larger doses can negatively impact cholesterol, but again that may be due to keeping e2 too low.

madman

Super Moderator
Hello everyone, I would like to know what you think about the possible long-term side effects of anastrozole. I am worried because I am 27 years old and I am on TRT and have been for two years, My dose is 200 mg a week without anastrozole, I also take HCG 500 IU a week, my estrogen levels are just above of the high point of the range but I dont have symptoms of high estrogen or gynecomastia. I am thinking on taking Zinc and Boron to lower my estrogen
All who are on TRT should be aware of the possible side effects of anastrozole since there is little information on long-term use in men, recently I read about the side effects of Finasteride, Finasteride is a enzyme inhibitor which is different to anastrozole but is an enzyme inhibitor and the side effects are disastrous such as permanent erectile dysfunction and watery semen, there is even a syndrome called "Post finasteride syndrome", the conclusion I have is that the enzyme inhibitors probably can damage the tissue where they block enzymes and therefore may cause permanent damage.
That's why I don't take it, what are your thoughts about this?

Thanks.

There are no long term studies on the safety of anastrozole use in men and highly unlikely the small doses most use would cause any issues. If anything when the dosage is in excess of what is needed it can drive ones estrogen too low which can wreak havoc on ones health. Healthy estrogen in males has a lipid protecting effect and some blame it on the aromatase inhibitor when in fact it is the low estrogen as a result of using the A.I that causes a negative effect on ones lipids.

Please define "a little high E2." Do you have any bloodwork to back that up? Symptoms?

Rjsnuruf

There are no long term studies on the safety of anastrozole use in men and highly unlikely the small doses most use would cause any issues. If anything when the dosage is in excess of what is needed it can drive ones estrogen too low which can wreak havoc on ones health. Healthy estrogen in males has a lipid protecting effect and some blame it on the aromatase inhibitor when in fact it is the low estrogen as a result of using the A.I that causes a negative effect on ones lipids.

What I have doubt about is the side effects that anastrozole can cause in the long term but that are not only derived from low estrogen but perhaps some strange or rare or damages in tissues such as for example finasteride that causes damages in tissues of Irreversible way. Only time will tell.

Rjsnuruf

I don't think the studies are there. We simply don't know. The studies in women show the negative sides of low estrogen. Well no kidding. They are using the drug to zero it out.

Most of us use so little anastrozole I don't think there is much to be concerned with. Larger doses can negatively impact cholesterol, but again that may be due to keeping e2 too low.

Yes I agree that low doses of anastrozole is something that should not worry us much, I wish in the future we have these answers, I say this because a doctor who is a researcher on the side effects of drugs one day told me that for every mechanism we know about a drug there are 100 more mechanisms that we do not know, so that makes me think.

CoastWatcher

Hi, yes my bloodwork shows 39pg/ml (reference range: 7.6 - 42.6 pg/ml)
You are in Mexico, so that is the standard estradiol test. It typically reports estradiol higher in men than it actually is. All of which confirms my thought that you don't need to consider lowering your e2. It is not elevated with this test, and it is likely lower than this reported value of it had been measured on the sensitive (also called ultra-sensitive) LC, MS/MS assay.

I would leave things where they are.

Rjsnuruf

You are in Mexico, so that is the standard estradiol test. It typically reports estradiol higher in men than it actually is. All of which confirms my thought that you don't need to consider lowering your e2. It is not elevated with this test, and it is likely lower than this reported value of it had been measured on the sensitive (also called ultra-sensitive) LC, MS/MS assay.

I would leave things where they are.

Thanks for the information and the reply, yes thats what im going to do.

at15

dont worry there is no such syndrome with anastrozole.

you are taking a very high dose of testosterone, you could back that off significantly and not have to introduce anastrozole.

there are few guys me included that suffer from low e2 symptoms even after e2 come back so be careful with anastrozole. much safer to reduce the dose and use zinc as natural aromatase inhibitor

at15

there are few guys me included that suffer from low e2 symptoms even after e2 come back so be careful with anastrozole. much safer to reduce the dose and use zinc as natural aromatase inhibitor
if seen your posts man, your all over the place. you need to reduce your testosterone to a dose that keeps you in that 600-800 ng/dl range max. and stay on that for months with no ai. throw in hcg at 100iu twice a week for lh receptors on the brain.
psychosomatic issues are the worst i've been there, you will get back trust yourself.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching