Sun Pharma from CVS bad quality? Changing effects after using

Buy Lab Tests Online

JCUSN

Hey, everyone.

I'm currently on tues/fri injections of 60mg Test Cyp (120mg weekly) plus 200iu HCG M/W/F.

I was using a doctor that provided the test cyp from Hallandale pharmacy. However, I recently switched doctors and I now use a 200mg/mL vial produced by Sun Pharma. I got this directly from CVS pharmacy. All my dosage is the same as before, but I'm about 2 weeks into the new brand of test C, and I'm noticing my sex drive has decreased, as had my hardness in erections and ability to maintain erections. I've also noticed that my acne on my shoulders and chest has decreased compared to what it was when I was injecting the Hallandale brand.

Is Sun Pharma a bad brand or not as good as Hallandale? Could I have gotten ahold of bad stuff even from CVS here in California? What could be causing this change in effect?

Thanks in advance for your help, fellas!

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Hey, everyone.

I'm currently on tues/fri injections of 60mg Test Cyp (120mg weekly) plus 200iu HCG M/W/F.

I was using a doctor that provided the test cyp from Hallandale pharmacy. However, I recently switched doctors and I now use a 200mg/mL vial produced by Sun Pharma. I got this directly from CVS pharmacy. All my dosage is the same as before, but I'm about 2 weeks into the new brand of test C, and I'm noticing my sex drive has decreased, as had my hardness in erections and ability to maintain erections. I've also noticed that my acne on my shoulders and chest has decreased compared to what it was when I was injecting the Hallandale brand.

Is Sun Pharma a bad brand or not as good as Hallandale? Could I have gotten ahold of bad stuff even from CVS here in California? What could be causing this change in effect?

Sun Pharma Depo-Test is a FDA approved CIII medication not a chance it is under dosed or of poor quality! Acne is not always a tell tale sign that ones test levels are high.

JCUSN

Thanks for your reply! So even though it's manufactured in India, I really have no worries at all?

What could be causing the sudden switch in erectil issues and the mostly-disappearance of my acne? I've been on the same dodos for awhile with raging libido and erections, but with consistency acne on back/shoulders/chest...switches to Sun Pharma from CVS and all that has changed. Any ideas?

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks for your reply! So even though it's manufactured in India, I really have no worries at all?

What could be causing the sudden switch in erectil issues and the mostly-disappearance of my acne? I've been on the same dodos for awhile with raging libido and erections, but with consistency acne on back/shoulders/chest...switches to Sun Pharma from CVS and all that has changed. Any ideas?

Need to post full labs of your most recent blood work with reference ranges to get a better idea. What was your last estradiol reading sensitive assay test not the standard e2? How long have you been on trt?

JCUSN

Total Test: 589 ng/dL (range 348-1197)
Free Test: 10.0 (range 8.7-25.1)
Estradiol (sensitive): 20.6
SHBG: 37.8 ng/dL (range 16.5 - 55.9)
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 30 ng/mL
Vitamin D3, 25-Hydroxy 28 ng/mL
Vitamin D2, 25-Hydroxy 1.6 ng/mL

Here were my last test results, but this was on only 100mg per week, and I was doing injections sub-Q. My doctor increased me to 120mg per week (two 60mg shots a week) and intramuscular. I take no AI at all.

Before starting TRT, my total T was at 484, and my SHBG was around 60.

I've been on TRT for about 6 months. I started back in late January/early February. Initial dose was 100mg a week as stated, along with the HCG. Now I'm at 120mg. No AI ever.

madman

Super Moderator
Total Test: 589 ng/dL (range 348-1197)
Free Test: 10.0 (range 8.7-25.1)
Estradiol (sensitive): 20.6
SHBG: 37.8 ng/dL (range 16.5 - 55.9)
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 30 ng/mL
Vitamin D3, 25-Hydroxy 28 ng/mL
Vitamin D2, 25-Hydroxy 1.6 ng/mL

Here were my last test results, but this was on only 100mg per week, and I was doing injections sub-Q. My doctor increased me to 120mg per week (two 60mg shots a week) and intramuscular. I take no AI at all.

Before starting TRT, my total T was at 484, and my SHBG was around 60.

I've been on TRT for about 6 months. I started back in late January/early February. Initial dose was 100mg a week as stated, along with the HCG. Now I'm at 120mg. No AI ever.

Your tt was still not that great at 100mg/week and your free t was low. If you started at 100mg/week why did you not have follow up labs when you switched to 120mg/week (60mg every 3.5 days) if you have been on trt for 5 months. Not sure how long you stayed at 100mg/week but you should have had labs 6 weeks after starting your new protocol of 120mg/week to know how it effects your blood work especially tt/free t/shbg/dht/estradiol and of course a complete cbc as hemoglobin/hematocrit are critical. It would be helpful to know how your blood work was before you switched to Sun Pharma Test?

madman

Super Moderator
Hey, everyone.

http://www.sunpharma.com/media/news...od-for-testosterone-cypionate-injection/13454 USFDA approval 2013

JCUSN

Your tt was still not that great at 100mg/week and your free t was low. If you started at 100mg/week why did you not have follow up labs when you switched to 120mg/week (60mg every 3.5 days) if you have been on trt for 5 months. Not sure how long you stayed at 100mg/week but you should have had labs 6 weeks after starting your new protocol of 120mg/week to know how it effects your blood work especially tt/free t/shbg/dht/estradiol and of course a complete cbc as hemoglobin/hematocrit are critical. It would be helpful to know how your blood work was before you switched to Sun Pharma Test?

I think my T in the above labs was low because of going sub-Q. I know some people swear by it, but as soon as I switched to sub-Q...I noticeably felt worse. And the labs show I had barely increased my T levels. The only reason I stopped IM and went sub-Q is for comfort, and then I noticed a difference about 2 weeks into it and went back to IM and also increased to 120mg.

And thanks for all your replies. Unfortunately, my doc didn't get me new labs after upping to 120mg/week. And since I've switched now to Sun Pharma, I won't know those previous levels. He did say he could get me back on Hallandale if I really needed though. I got a script to get new levels checked on the Sun Pharma though and I'll go tomorrow to have those labs drawn. Hopefully this is all just in my head or something? No idea:(

JCUSN

Well I got back a couple of my labs.

Total T: 1166 ng/Dl
Estradiol: 38.05 pg/mL
* I'll post more lab results as they become available to me

Wow those are so much higher than when I was using 100mg per week sub-Q.

So, I was using 100mg per week sub-Q, and that yielded the lab results I posted a couple posts ago. Then I switched to 120mg per week IM, and I felt a whole lot better. But no labs on those numbers. I did this 120mg for about 2-3 months and felt fantastic. All of these injections were Hallandale brand Test-Cyp.

3 weeks ago (this is the end of week 3), I switched to Sun Pharma Test-Cyp, and continued the normal 120mg per week IM...and for about the last 1.5 weeks, I have felt "off." Could this be because of the switch in brands?

Last edited:

JCUSN

Could it be that the Sun Pharma I'm injecting is actually dosed correctly, and what I've been getting preloaded in syringes from my clinic is not dosed properly? Typically I get a month of preloaded syringes from them, but now I have my own vial of Sun Pharma 200mg/ml that I load and inject on my own. Could it that using this Sun Pharma has actually be giving me an actual 120mg and my clinic hasn't been as accurate, and this caused a raise in my estradiol to almost double and symptoms to have started only after switching to Sun Pharma self injections?

CoastWatcher

Could it be that the Sun Pharma I'm injecting is actually dosed correctly, and what I've been getting preloaded in syringes from my clinic is not dosed properly? Typically I get a month of preloaded syringes from them, but now I have my own vial of Sun Pharma 200mg/ml that I load and inject on my own. Could it that using this Sun Pharma has actually be giving me an actual 120mg and my clinic hasn't been as accurate, and this caused a raise in my estradiol to almost double and symptoms to have started only after switching to Sun Pharma self injections?
I don't know how any of us can answer this question.

What you do have is confirmation of where your levels sit today, along with evidence of how important it is to test every time a protocol change is made so that you can associate subjective response with objective findings. If you now feel compelled to make adjustments, change one thing at a time, wait the required number of weeks, test your levels and determine if you were successful.

CoastWatcher

Does my total T seem to be quite high though? And my estradiol also?
In all honesty, no, I don't think either are "quite high." That's an abstract answer, however, and has to be balanced by how you feel. You mentioned that you were "off." Can you be a bit more specific? Fatigue, erectile issues, libido...how are you off?

JCUSN

"Off" meaning my libido is definitely lower and my erections also don't seem as hard or last as long. That seems to have just happened within the last 1.5 - 2 weeks.

1Draw

Could be the cottonseed oil in the Sun Pharma TCyp. Checked the drug label and it is showing each 1 ml has 736 mg of cottonseed oil. Hallandale Pharmacy most likely compounded with grapeseed oil. Compounding pharmacies cannot use same oil as big pharma uses so, they compound with either grapeseed or sesame seed oil.

Cottonseed has some wicked side effects.

You made significant changes and it's only 1.5-2 weeks in....you can't expect much at this point. If you had great libido and erections I can't fathom a reason to have made any change in dosing just because of a number of a number on a test...?? Classic case of if things are good and you're happy being the most important factor, over and above any test.

JCUSN

This might seem stupid, but could it also just be that I've broken up recently with my girlfriend? It was a horrible relationship and an even worse breakup. Could that just be knocking my libido down and it's just mental? Is that a thing?

This might seem stupid, but could it also just be that I've broken up recently with my girlfriend? It was a horrible relationship and an even worse breakup. Could that just be knocking my libido down and it's just mental? Is that a thing?

Not stupid at all, in fact, it's an extremely intelligent thought, and shows you're very self aware.

Many guys on TRT want everything to be hormonally caused, but the reality is that most things are mental/psychological. I think that due to the large stigma against all things mental illness related in this country, guys will go to extreme lengths to find a hormonal cause of a most likely psychological problem. Because then it's physical, and not a symptom of a mental illness(which anxiety and depression are).

You can see this by looking at half the posts on this forum, guys posting about the subjective benefits of testosterone waning or disappearing. Somehow, this is hormonal, even though nothing has changed in their protocol, except *insert random life event* happened.

Or guys who get on TRT and since their libido or anxiety didn't improve, but everything else did, they now must have hypothyroidism. I talked to a guy who reasoned that because his libido didn't improve with TRT(but EVERYTHING else improved greatly) that he must be hypothyroid.

He kept saying "but but my TSH is 1.6, it should be 1." or some other nitpicking with his labs, but just having low libido is not even close to how hypothyroidism presents.

An unrelated rant, but you, my friend are coming to that conclusion on your own. That there might be a psychological component to this, and after all, who has a libido after a horrible breakup?

madman

Super Moderator
Not stupid at all, in fact, it's an extremely intelligent thought, and shows you're very self aware.

Many guys on TRT want everything to be hormonally caused, but the reality is that most things are mental/psychological. I think that due to the large stigma against all things mental illness related in this country, guys will go to extreme lengths to find a hormonal cause of a most likely psychological problem. Because then it's physical, and not a symptom of a mental illness(which anxiety and depression are).

You can see this by looking at half the posts on this forum, guys posting about the subjective benefits of testosterone waning or disappearing. Somehow, this is hormonal, even though nothing has changed in their protocol, except *insert random life event* happened.

Or guys who get on TRT and since their libido or anxiety didn't improve, but everything else did, they now must have hypothyroidism. I talked to a guy who reasoned that because his libido didn't improve with TRT(but EVERYTHING else improved greatly) that he must be hypothyroid.

He kept saying "but but my TSH is 1.6, it should be 1." or some other nitpicking with his labs, but just having low libido is not even close to how hypothyroidism presents.

An unrelated rant, but you, my friend are coming to that conclusion on your own. That there might be a psychological component to this, and after all, who has a libido after a horrible breakup?

Great post JDS enjoy having you on this forum!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me