TRT and lingering bronchitis?

Buy Lab Tests Online

clicker1

I just started on TRT with Deft Medical about 7 weeks ago. The week I started I got the flu for a couple days and have had a lingering bronchitis ever since. I've been to the ER and they put me on levaquin, albuteral breathing treatments and gave me a shot of kenalog. All that did help a little, however the bronchitis is still there. Just won't go away, I am able to function throughout the day, however I can't exercise very well.

Has anyone ever had this issue before? I was thinking I might be allergic to the grape seed oil in the testostrone cypionate, however I don't get a reaction at the inject site.

My TRT protocol is 70mg test cyp., every 3.5 days and 400 units on hcg on the same day. I appreciate any help you can give and have learned so much from this site already.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I do like your protocol of 70mg of T and 400mg of HCG every 3 1/2 days. When I first started TRT I got the testosterone flu, as my body adjusted to my new hormones levels. I slowly got better over the next week or two.

1Draw

I just started on TRT with Deft Medical about 7 weeks ago. The week I started I got the flu for a couple days and have had a lingering bronchitis ever since. I've been to the ER and they put me on levaquin, albuteral breathing treatments and gave me a shot of kenalog. All that did help a little, however the bronchitis is still there. Just won't go away, I am able to function throughout the day, however I can't exercise very well.

Has anyone ever had this issue before? I was thinking I might be allergic to the grape seed oil in the testostrone cypionate, however I don't get a reaction at the inject site.

My TRT protocol is 70mg test cyp., every 3.5 days and 400 units on hcg on the same day. I appreciate any help you can give and have learned so much from this site already.

Clicker you may have an allergy to the grapeseed oil itself. Since it has been 7 weeks and you are still having side effects, I doubt if it will get any better. I myself have been on TCyp with grapeseed oil, sesame seed oil and finally cottonseed oil and had allergic reactions to all 3. Symptoms were severe chest congestion, sinus' clogged, body aches and fatigue. I am now on TCream and have been on them about a month with no allergy symptoms YET! Feeling a lot better.

Unfortunately my mother had severe allergies so, its in the genes and the hand I've been dealt. Only thing I try to do is avoid the foodstuffs and other allergens I'm allergic to. You can try the other oils before switching but, creams are not that bad at all and gets the Testosterone in your body where it can work its magic. Good Luck!

I highly doubt it is an allergy as there are no localized symptoms at the site. When you take an allergy test, anything you are actually allergic to causes an immediate localized allergic response. Even allergies resulting in anaphylaxis will cause symptoms in the location of origin before leading to systemic symptoms.

1Draw

Absolute you make a valid point. His symptoms started at week 7 if I understand the post correctly. I was originally on pellets compounded with grapeseed oil. The first couple months, was fine. Then started having severe sinus congestion, and other allergy symptoms. Its like an Allergist MD told me years ago, our immune system is like a quart jar. When exposed to an allergen, it dumps it in the quart jar. Once its full, then the symptoms start since our immune system can no longer fight it off. Kinda makes sense.

Changed to Defy and Dr. Saya and Jill both have stated they have seen allergies to the oils in other patients. A quick skin test reaction is one thing but, to have it in your body 24/7 for weeks on end is another variable in itself. Could not find any studies that showed this type of side effect but, trust me, it is there. Once I ceased all oils and started on the creams, my allergies have disappeared.

I can only state what my experience has been. Maybe Dr. Saya can add to this since I'm sure he has seen everything medically possible with testosterone therapy and its medical downsides.

Last edited:
I suppose the simplest way to find out is to take something like 50mg diphenhydramine and note whether or not there is a significant reduction or elimination of all symptoms

clicker1

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will try switching oil types on my next re-fill, which should be pretty soon. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

1Draw

You can wait until your refill but, if symptoms persist and are taking a toll on you, you can request Defy to send you a return envelope, you put your remaining TCyp bottle in it and send it back to Defy. Once it is received, they will order a new vial with sesame oil. Since Testosterone is a controlled substance, they have to reclaim all remaining compound before re ordering. Its up to you based on how you feel and if you want to go ahead and make the change rather than waiting.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me