Turned Down for HCG, How Do I Get It?

Buy Lab Tests Online

3DMission

I had my doc appt today with endocrinologist at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. They didn't know anything about combining HCG with Testosterone injections and therefore would not write a script for me to get HCG. How do I get it? From all the research I've done I know that's what I need. My wife and I would like to conceive again.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

3DMission

Hi Nelson,

I was shocked this morning when I had my doc appt at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD. It supposed to be one of the best hospitals in the world, but yet they were very unfamiliar with HCG and the benefits of taking it with testosterone injections. For that reason they did not want to prescribe it to me. I now have testicular atrophy from the T-shots and no way to get HCG to help. What am I supposed to do? I'm reluctant to buy meds off these online pharmacy's, I'm not sure those are legitimate.

Tom Larabee

If you reach out to Defy - They have an HCG only program for when Doctors don't prescribe it. Check the link on the site here and see if its what you are looking for.

Saxon

Dude, how terrifying is that? You went to one of the finest teaching hospital's in the Western world and the endo knows nothing about HCG and TRT. Just damn.

They, at minimum should know about HCG and fertility. Tell the Doc to read PDR. That's shy they publish the damn thing.

3DMission

Yeah, not only that, but the doctor attending that day came in and said he is a "skeptic" to low T. I said what do you mean? He said, if you would have came to see me first then I never would have diagnosed you with low T. He thinks it's all in my head, that I'm just stressed out.

Yeah, not only that, but the doctor attending that day came in and said he is a "skeptic" to low T. I said what do you mean? He said, if you would have came to see me first then I never would have diagnosed you with low T. He thinks it's all in my head, that I'm just stressed out.

If you decide to investigate Defy's HCG support like Tom suggested you should talk to them about your HRT treatment as well as this Dr of yours is ignorant to your condition...how can he possibly treat you effectively!?

captain

The Doc at Johns Hopkins is just following the standard insurance protocol. Insurance will most likely not pay for it so the Doc don't care to know about it. I had the same at Cleveland Clinic. They said they don't do that there but it is clearly on their site about it. So I moved on to Dr. Crisler and problem solved.

3DMission

So I saw a new doctor today, actually a fertility doctor. He was familiar with HCG, but not HCG combined with Testosterone Injections. He said HCG should be enough on its own to provide adequate T-levels. Any advice from anyone here on HCG alone would be helpful. Thanks!

CoastWatcher

So I saw a new doctor today, actually a fertility doctor. He was familiar with HCG, but not HCG combined with Testosterone Injections. He said HCG should be enough on its own to provide adequate T-levels. Any advice from anyone here on HCG alone would be helpful. Thanks!
You've now found another foolish doctor. Yes, there is such a thing as HCG-mono therapy. Not knowing your pre-treatment levels, it's impossible to offer any thoughts on whether you'll respond to it. He's offering you a protocol that doesn't have a track record for unqualified success. It can work...sometimes. If he wasn't familiar with TRT protocols that include HCG as a standard adjunctive element, he's not qualified to manage your care.

I'd keep looking for better care. As has been noted, Defy Medical can provide cutting edge therapy.

Last edited:
You've now found another foolish doctor. Yes, there is such a thing as HCG-mono therapy. Not knowing your pre-treatment levels, it's impossible to offer any thoughts on whether you'll respond to it. He's offering you a protocol that doesn't have a track record for unqualified success. It can work...sometimes. If he wasn't familiar with TRT protocols that include HCG as a standard adjunctive element, he's not qualified to manage your care.

I'd keep looking for better care. As has been noted, Defy Medical can provide cutting edge therapy.

HCG monotherapy has a track record of FULL success (considering both fertility and as a TRT substitute) of only about 10-15% in very selective cases (young men with clear secondary hypogonadism where testes are fully capable). Further, success is limited to the testicular response, which diminishes with age (meaning success is, ultimately, temporary).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say that you'd have to be secondary in order for HCG mono to have any potential. Huge assumption not seeing your labs and also assuming your Dr is ignorant about primary and secondary differences.

CoastWatcher

HCG monotherapy has a track record of FULL success (considering both fertility and as a TRT substitute) of only about 10-15% in very selective cases (young men with clear secondary hypogonadism where testes are fully capable). Further, success is limited to the testicular response, which diminishes with age (meaning success is, ultimately, temporary).

Dr. Saya,

Given the very low success rate of HCG monotherapy, and the select number of cases where it would be appropriate, do you prescribe it?

3DMission

Dr. Saya,

Are there any concerns/risks in taking HCG and Testosterone together? I am Secondary Hypogonadism, so there is potential for testicular function, to what extent I do not know. Clomid worked well for me in the past, but I did not like the side-effects. My doctor wants me to stop T-injections and start HCG monotherapy. I'm concerned because I'm finally feeling normal again with the T-injections and I don't want to mess that up if HCG monotherapy doesn't maintain my T-levels. Is there any risk or things to monitor while taking HCG and Testosterone together?

CoastWatcher

I am not speaking for Dr. Saya, but I want to point out that HCG and testosterone are routinely prescribed for the vast majority of patients on a TRT protocol. It's an accepted approach to therapy.

Dr. Saya,

Are there any concerns/risks in taking HCG and Testosterone together? I am Secondary Hypogonadism, so there is potential for testicular function, to what extent I do not know. Clomid worked well for me in the past, but I did not like the side-effects. My doctor wants me to stop T-injections and start HCG monotherapy. I'm concerned because I'm finally feeling normal again with the T-injections and I don't want to mess that up if HCG monotherapy doesn't maintain my T-levels. Is there any risk or things to monitor while taking HCG and Testosterone together?

No additional risk with HCG unless you have testicular cancer. The same monitoring holds for TRT+HCG as does for TRT only. As Coast pointed out, TRT + HCG is almost universal for contemporary TRT management.

incognitoihope

I will probably start taking HCG/Novarel 10,000 unit intramuscular recon soln 500 Unit Every other day. Why would my MD use HCG mono therapy if I am not looking to impregnate? I did mention to my doctor that I was concerned about my body at age 41 becoming dependent on synthetic testosterone. However, I did not know at that time HCG could be taken during TRT.

get'n there

I will probably start taking HCG/Novarel 10,000 unit intramuscular recon soln 500 Unit Every other day. Why would my MD use HCG mono therapy if I am not looking to impregnate? I did mention to my doctor that I was concerned about my body at age 41 becoming dependent on synthetic testosterone. However, I did not know at that time HCG could be taken during TRT.
From what I've read & seen on Nelsons YT vid you'd be take to much. To much T can mess things up and so can to much HCG. The reco's i've read say start at 250 twice a week and work up to 500 2x's a week; no more. O r maybe 500 3x's in one week. Stop for 3 wks then do 1500.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me