Testosterone preservative toxicity?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dwhit

I've been having some strange side effects for the past few months: waking up short of breath, brain fog, head pressure, even a couple episodes of nystagmus. I trace these symptoms back to the same time I happened to switch from cypionate to enanthate. I assumed these were essentially interchangeable, and I still think they are, but I happened to look at the package insert for enanthate and discovered that it contains a different preservative: chlorobutanol (the cypionate I used contained the more common benzyl alcohol as a preservative). Well, I looked up chlorobutanol, and lo and behold the side effects include cns depression and nystagmus. Typically this occurs at higher doses than what is contained in a typical T dose, but the half life is 10+ days, so I imagine it builds up in your system over time (benzyl alcohol has a half life of a couple hours). I found one pharmacology textbook that said, chlorobutanol "can cause cns toxicity with chronic use." Hmm... Well, I am posting this message from the pharmacy as I await my new prescription of cypionate. It will probably be a few weeks before I will know if there is a difference. (I also have sleep study pending, and full labs.) I'm curious if any one else has had similar symptoms and if their T contains chlorobutanol.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Dwhit

Are both testosterone using the same type of oil, it's not allergic reaction to the oil?
Interesting point. The enanthate contains sesame oil. My new cypionate prescription contains cottonseed oil. I do not know what my old cypionate contained.

Vince

Super Moderator
When I started TRT, I refuse to use cottonseed oil, read too much bad stuff about it. At this point I've only used grapeseed oil. I know others that prefer sesame oil.

Fortunate

Sorry, forum. This is my second post about chlorobutanol in the last five minutes. I’m starting to suspect that I may react to this ingredient. Found this old thread and wondering if anyone else has had issues with it?

BigTex

I have a friend that is a wizzard in making anabolic steroids. He says he makes a testosterone enanthate with chlorobutanol and the carrier oil Arachis BP. This oil was what was primarily used at Oregon. Arachis BP oil is a medium viscosity and makes injecting very smooth, almost like water. He did warn me that if making TE this way do not use any other solvents (unless they are >5%) with the chlorobutanol or you will experience some very bad PIP. Supposedly the chlorobutanol neutralizes the carbolic acid in TE. I know guys who love it and some who hate it. If you feel you are having a reaction to it they switch to Test cyp.

Fernando Almaguer

I enjoy/ prefer olive oil. ok JJ.

Walking up short of breath could indicate sleep apnea and this would present the other sides such as headache, nausea.

Fortunate

I have a friend that is a wizzard in making anabolic steroids. He says he makes a testosterone enanthate with chlorobutanol and the carrier oil Arachis BP. This oil was what was primarily used at Oregon. Arachis BP oil is a medium viscosity and makes injecting very smooth, almost like water. He did warn me that if making TE this way do not use any other solvents (unless they are >5%) with the chlorobutanol or you will experience some very bad PIP. Supposedly the chlorobutanol neutralizes the carbolic acid in TE. I know guys who love it and some who hate it. If you feel you are having a reaction to it they switch to Test cyp.
I’ve considered switching to low dose cypionate, but I can’t imagine it’ll make a big difference if it also uses preservatives. Oddly, Xyosted is the only injection that I tend to tolerate. Maybe because it lacks any ingredients besides the esterified T and oil? Maybe it’s the injection depth I get from the auto injector? Problem is, while I tolerate it best, I get unwanted side effects the day after injection from the relatively high dose of 50mg.

BigTex

I know a guy who makes his own testosterone cypionate with no BB and no BA. Benzyl alcohol's main function is keeping a solution bacteriostatic and sterile. I know you can heat the product and use .22 filters but it seems kind of risky not having BA in my opinion. But the chance of that happening in pharmaceutical products is probably no existent. Benzyl Benzoate (BB) is the primary solvent, which serves to thins the product so it is easy to draw and inject. Some use Oleic Acid instead of BB works to thin the viscosity.

Yea, I don't believe Xyosted has an preservatives. Does sound like you have some bad reactions to the solvents.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me