Estrogen: Definitive answer on E2 testing methodologies

Buy Lab Tests Online

robs2nd75

I'm sorry but the more I read the less I understand in regards to E2 testing. I have had the sensitive assay and the regular one and both are almost the same when considering the reference ranges. To be more specific, I am right in the middle of both reference ranges. I've had several E2 labs and the two assays are always equivalent. That said, I realize the general consensus is that when removing expense from the equation physicians would opt for the sensitive assay but why? How do the testing methodologies differ?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
The default lab for E2 (the standard lab) is designed for women not men.

Estrogen levels in women are far greater than men.

If you think of a bell curve, women sit at the top of that curve and men sit at the bottom flat end of the curve.

The standard E2 lab designed for women is not "sensitive" enough to test accurately where men sit on that bottom flat end of the curve.

That's why they developed the "Sensitive" lab; it can accurately measure lower levels down on that flat end of the curve.

The problem with the standard E2 lab is that it can over estimate a man's E2 level and I've seen that on lab reports first hand.

What can happen is that a Doctor who uses the standard lab may see elevated E2 levels and prescribe an AI to control when in fact if they used the "Sensitive" lab it may have shown a lower value where an AI may not be needed at all.

Does this help?

Mike

I did the regular E2 with Defy (LabCorp) earlier this month, preparing to see a higher #. I had been using 1 mg anastrazole / wk.
It came back @ 7.3, I assume due to the Adex.
Now I'm experimenting with EOD sub-q low dose (60 ml) and no Adex. I ordered the ultrasensitive test for next month. Stay tuned.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me