Testosterone dropped after switching to injections

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dave29

Switched to shots after 2.5yrs of compounded test cream (mid 400's highest test achieved) and my testosterone level went down...had lab work done after 1 week on shots per endo. Did two 60mg shots spaced 3.5 days apart done sub q in abdomen with a 27ga 1/2 needle. Was taking 200mgs compounded cream daily prior to shots.
Testosterone went from 2.90 ng/mL on cream to 1.70 ng/mL with shots (1.68 - 7.46 ng/mL scale). This scale is different - not sure how to convert it to the 240-950 scale? Feeling lousy and tired. I'm 44, 6'2 270lbs athletic build.

Why would my testosterone level drop with shots? Barely registered with 120mgs.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Switched to shots from compounded cream and my testosterone level went down...had lab work done after 1 week on shots per endo. Did two 60mg shots spaced 3.5 days apart done sub q in abdomen with a 27ga 1/2 needle. Was taking 200mgs compounded cream daily prior to shots.
Went from Testosterone 2.90 ng/mL on cream to 1.70 ng/mL with shots (1.68 - 7.46 ng/mL). This scale is different - not sure how to convert it to the 350-1050 scale? Feeling lousy and tired. I'm 44, 6'2 270lbs athletic build.

Why would my testosterone level drop with shots? Barely registered with 120mgs.

Your doctor thinks that two injections, one week's time on a new protocol, will produce a stable, serum level?? He's uninformed (that's a polite way of putting it). It will take four to six weeks for your protocol change to be reflected in your lab work. During this time you will feel a range of things, including lousy. You need to be patient.

CoastWatcher

You're starting a new protocol, with an entirely different delivery system. Patience is key. Even at the four to six weeks it is likely that modifications may be required to balance things off. The basic protocol you're on is a good place to start - has HCG been prescribed?

Dave29

Unfortunately my endo would not prescribe hcg. He told me it's one or the other not both. I'm going to obtain hcg from reliablerx on my own. What's a good starting dose for hcg? Can I inject sub q along with my test?

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Unfortunately my endo would not prescribe hcg. He told me it's one or the other not both. I'm going to obtain hcg from reliablerx on my own. What's a good starting dose for hcg? Can I inject sub q along with my test?
HCG dosing varies greatly. I'm happy on 250/twice weekly (I inject testosterone, 16mg, every morning).

Frankly, your doctor is remarkably uninformed on everything from when to test serum levels to HCG use. That should be a warning sign for you.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me