HIV hypothyroidism and TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

hdbernalp1979

Hi guys:

Some days ago i post a thread in other section only with two answers that didnt helped me much, i´m confused and desperate,i´m from Bogotá Colombia, i´m a 37 years old hiv positive guy with hypothyroidism being treated with levothyroxyne 50 mcg, my HIV meds are lamivudine/zidovudine and issentres, i´ve been reading all kind of information here, i know that every one case is different. I´ve been pretty active on gym and a capoeira academy.(but for hypothyroidism symptoms i lowered my physical activity)
Since seven years ago after my diagnostic i began to suffer low libido, erection and orgasm(very hard to achieve) issues, i was on a medical carrousel, where endocronologist or urologist always sent me to psichologist or psychiatrist showing low interest to help me solve my health issues, still since 2010 i know that i had subclinical hypothyroidisms never treated, only last year when i began to show heavy symptoms(hair falling, sleep issues, slugish all time) i went to a priivate endocrinologist who inmediatly put me on levo, first month with levo was amazing not sexually, but on that month i felt like on my 20´s all days on gym, barely signs of tiredness, sleeping like a baby, gained muscular mass on my back, and gained weight i was thinking that my sexual life also would improve, after that month i suffered a crash and i went worst than before my doc didnt do nothing, she told me that i only should wait and sent more test. At that time a friend told me about an andrologist, so i went, this doc told me that on HIV patients SHBG is high and men show hypogonadism symptoms, at that time two months ago my total T was on 4.79 ng/ml, doc put me on Androgel 1% daily, since two months ago i´ve been daily aplying me the gel, only with modest improve morning woods returned, i feel more relaxed, but no great energy or great libido, still with small sleep disturbances.
My last tests are the following, i dont have recent free T and free T3, medics are reluctant to order these tests
But i have totals i hope can be usefull in some way
Total T 5.19 ng/ml 2.8-8.0
Prolactin 7.09 ng/ml 4.04-15.2 ng/ml

Free T 14.38 pg/ml 9,0-47 pg/ml (This is an old value, at that time total t was on same value that now)
Total T3 1.54 nml/l 1.3-3.1
Free t4 1.65 ng/dl 0.93-1.7
TSH 2.71 uUi/m 0.27-4.2(This was ranging between 4 and nearly 7 now on levo has a lower level and i feel better)
Cortisol am 239 nmol/l 171-536 nmol/L
ACTH 511 pg/ml 5-60
Ferritin 125.8 ng/ml 40-400ng/ml
Hemoglobin 16.9 g/dl 13.5-18
Hematocrit 45.5% 40-50%
Viral load <20 copies
CD4 723

At this point after read much posts here i ask my self if i should have waited until thyroid stabilization before begin with trt, ´cause only with one month on levo i saw an abysmal change until the crash, i think now my thyroid doesn't produce hormones and i´m depending of external t4 and may be i need an increase on dose, any way like i said before i´m desperate has been much years, nearly all my 30's, sadly in my country no one here speaks or pay much atention to hormonal problems on hiv persons, i really thought that i was 'crazy', and after last meeting with the endocrinologist she told me that my tiredness is psychological ´cause i´m 'regulated' and that all these energy that i felt on levo also was only psychological PFFFFFFFFFF. What do you think?

thanks in advance

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
You are taking AZT (zidovudine or ZDV), a drug that we stopped using in the US over 5 years ago due to extreme toxicity to mitochondria and muscle mass. It also causes lipoatrophy of the face, extremities and buttocks. It can affect hormones also. I took it for 5 years and it caused all kinds of issues back in the 90's for me.

No hormone program will work well while you are on that toxic drug.

Antiretroviral Therapy-Associated Common and/or Severe Adverse Effects

I would ask to switch your regimen to Isentress + Truvada. Truvada has none of AZT's issues. Be ready for them to push back in Colombia since Truvada is more expensive than AZT. However, that may change soon since Truvada became generic in the US last month.

hdbernalp1979

You are taking AZT (zidovudine or ZDV), a drug that we stopped using in the US over 5 years ago due to extreme toxicity to mitochondria and muscle mass. It also causes lipoatrophy of the face, extremities and buttocks. It can affect hormones also. I took it for 5 years and it caused all kinds of issues back in the 90's for me.

No hormone program will work well while you are on that toxic drug.

Antiretroviral Therapy-Associated Common and/or Severe Adverse Effects

I would ask to switch your regimen to Isentress + Truvada. Truvada has none of AZT's issues. Be ready for them to push back in Colombia since Truvada is more expensive than AZT. However, that may change soon since Truvada became generic in the US last month.

Thanks Nelson:

I´m aware of azt toxicity, but sadly in my country is still on wide use. This would be the second time that i ask for a switch, before issentress i was on kaletra, i dont know what kind of dirty busssiness has the labs with colombian medicine to poison us, i´ll try ask for the change, last time with all the evidence that kaletra was the root of my digestive problems medics was reluctanct to change it. By the moment i think that i´ll concentrate on change my thyroid endo, and follow with androgel for the next two months

hdbernalp1979

Hi Nelson and co:

I asked to medics a change on my meds, medics checked me and also i have lipodistrophy on buttocks, not much, so they agree on change azt/3tc for a generic version of truvada. They told me that with testosterone injections could be kidney problems, also i was reading and tenofovir on truvada could have kidney toxicity regardless whether or not on trt.
Which is your experience with this issue?any advice to prevent that toxicity?

And Nelson again, much thanks like i said before here there´s no people to guide HIV persons

See ya

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I am glad they switched you.

Don't believe them about the effect of testosterone on kidneys.

Truvada has tenofovir (Viread), a good drug that does not cause lipodystrophy but that can cause some bone loss and decreased kidney function in some. I have taken it for 15 years and had not had either problem. Vitamin D protects against the drug's increase in parathyroid hormone that can leach calcium out of your bones, so take 5000 IU per day.

Vitamin D and Viread. Should I be concerned?

hdbernalp1979

I am glad they switched you.

Don't believe them about the effect of testosterone on kidneys.

Truvada has tenofovir (Viread), a good drug that does not cause lipodystrophy but that can cause some bone loss and decreased kidney function in some. I have taken it for 15 years and had not had either problem. Vitamin D protects against the drug's increase in parathyroid hormone that can leach calcium out of your bones, so take 5000 IU per day.

Vitamin D and Viread. Should I be concerned?

MUCH THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! I`m gonna share it with my friends, some of them also are on Truvada. I`ll be posting

See ya

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching