Clomid Protocol

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hey guys

A while back I was prescribed Clomid to see if it will help with my T and my symptoms. I made a thread with all the numbers here: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?10751-Bloodwork-Analysis

The protocol for clomid they want me to follow is this:

25 mg m, w, f for 2 weeks
25mg ED for 2 weeks
50 mg m, w, f and 25 mg EoD for 2 weeks
25mg ED

The more I'm reading the more I'm worried about my e2 levels. The doctors never ran bloods for that or shbg.

Has anyone else ran a similar protocol?

I'm going to get bloods after a month of being on to see what's going on but should I call and request they add estrogen and shbg?

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hey guys

A while back I was prescribed Clomid to see if it will help with my T and my symptoms. I made a thread with all the numbers here: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?10751-Bloodwork-Analysis

The protocol for clomid they want me to follow is this:

25 mg m, w, f for 2 weeks
25mg ED for 2 weeks
50 mg m, w, f and 25 mg EoD for 2 weeks
25mg ED

The more I'm reading the more I'm worried about my e2 levels. The doctors never ran bloods for that or shbg.

Has anyone else ran a similar protocol?

I'm going to get bloods after a month of being on to see what's going on but should I call and request they add estrogen and shbg?

Thanks!
You shouldn't start a Clomid or testosterone protocol without knowing where your estradiol levels sit. Once on Clomid, keeping a close eye, and a steady hand, on your e2 is an indication that you have a well designed protocol (and the sign of an informed doctor).

Last edited:
You shouldn't start a Clomid or testosterone protocol without knowing where you estradiol levels sit. Once on Clomid, keeping a close eye, and a steady hand, on your e2 is an indication that you have a well designed protocol (and the sign of an informed doctor).

Thank you! I definitely don't want to continue with my current doctor. Doesn't seem to know proper protocol. I feel like I'm educating them when I go in...

I'll be back again with more bloods before starting clomid.

Guided_by_Voices

I was on clomid mono therapy for about a year and half before starting TRT and I tried a number of different protocols. My two cents...that dosage you were given is astronomical for most people. Also, if you go too high with the dosage, you can't just drop the dosage, you pretty much need to do a wash-out of at least several weeks and then start over. This is at least partially because of clomid's very long half-life. I and many others have found that a dosage around 12 mg every other day is best, and higher doses are intolerable, however you would blow by that in two days with that protocol. A higher dose may work for you, but Clomid is a case where "start low and go slow" is especially valid. Some in the AAS world seem to have success with much higher dosages for short periods of time, but as someone who presumably is not shut down and who would be in search of a good steady state, I would do a lot more research on mono-therapy dosages.

SJTrance

I've been on .25 Chlomid three times a week for a few months and it took my test from 220 to 580 but my E2 went just above normal. I've been working with Defy Medical since then because my idiot doctor won't prescribe any estrogen blocker. Defy has me doing the following for the past two weeks:

25mg EOD Chlomid
.125mg Anastrozole EOD with the chlomid
30mg DHEA at bedtime daily

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

I've been on .25 Chlomid three times a week for a few months and it took my test from 220 to 580 but my E2 went just above normal. I've been working with Defy Medical since then because my idiot doctor won't prescribe any estrogen blocker. Defy has me doing the following for the past two weeks:

25mg EOD Chlomid
125mg Anastrozole EOD with the chlomid
30mg DHEA at bedtime daily

You can't possibly be taking 125mg of anastrozole! Did you mean 1.25mg??

SJTrance

So I've had my two month bloodwork on the Anastrazole and Chlomid every other day instead of three times a week and also DHEA every night and here are the results. It seems like the Estradiol is regulated well. The test isn't a huge amount but not too bad. I feel pretty good too. My wife says I'm acting less bitchy... lol. I do feel more patient and more relaxed. He forgot to order the LH and I had to get it done again. I wonder if he forgot the FSH too. I expected them both to be high due to the Chlomid anyway.

(test date 8/10/17)
Test total 592 ng/dL (264 - 916)
Estradiol 26.1 pg/mL (8 - 35)
Test free 17.1 pg/mL (6.8 - 21.5)
Prolactin (did not test)
LH 10.1 mIu/mL (1.7 - 8.6)
FSH (did not test)
DHEA 309.9 ug/dL (102 - 416.3)

test date 4/21/17

Test total 580 ng/dL (250 - 1100)
Estradiol 40 pg/mL (< OR + 39)
Test free 114.8 pg/mL (35.0 - 155.0)