What to do/check next...non-existent libido

Buy Lab Tests Online

cja

Neurotransmitters play a strong role in libido especially dopamine. Dopamine has a positive effect on libido where as serotonin dampens libido. An imbalance in neurotransmitters whether due to genetics or drug abuse can kill the sex drive. Dr. Marino has an article stating that on trt in the beginning/honeymoon period there is a surge of dopamine in the brain which increases ones drive/libido but eventually as one reaches a steady state testosterone blood levels it actually desensitizes dopamine receptors over time as oppose to when one produce testosterone naturally with the peaks/valleys which also causes dopamine/other neurotransmitters to increase/decrease keeping the receptors sensitive to the natural highs/lows of testosterone. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that you cannot keep constantly elevated as it will down regulate after some time due to the constant surge. I need to find article. I think balanced neurotransmitters play a strong role in one having a healthy libido.

This makes a lot of sense, as I felt almost euphoric when I began TRT and I was told it was just Placebo. If this is true with the Test desensitizing the dopamine receptors, I would do better on the e3.5d injection than the 3 times per week. I am creating less peaks and valleys by injecting more frequently, and as small as it may seem I may be doing more harm than good. I would like to see the article if you do find it, does it happen to give any insight on how to deal with the lack of dopamine? My only issue I have with taking more pills is as I come off the opiate, Ill have to come off the substitute dopamine as well. I think I read somewhere that Wellbutrin will increase dopamine.

edit...I am in the process of weaning off the opiate. it has been a long battle, one that was stagnant for a long time due to the Low T. I was unable to handle any decrease while T was low.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

cja

Yesterday I had a good discussion with Melissa over at Defy. We spoke about the many things that need to be in line for ones libido. Including E2, my medications/opiate, a MRI of my lower back, and a Ultrasound of my testicles. She then took this along with my chart to Dr. Saya, then called me back. The numbness,/loss of sensations can be related to a bulging discs I have between L5/S1 - L4/L5 - L3/L4, and after looking at a Dermatome Map I have a better understanding of this. I plan to see a neurologist, something I've been considering as the Physical Therapy I am currently doing is helping my back muscles, but not with the nerve pain I am having. We plan to test DHT, Prolactin, and Cortisol in the next few weeks.

I seen Nelson Vergel say that HCG of 350ui every other day can help stimulate upstream hormones such as DHEA, so I increased HCG from 300ui to 350ui every other day. I have also stopped taking the DHEA 25mg pills a few days ago, so I am hoping for the best here. I never felt any positive effects from DHEA anyway, only groggy when taken in the morning.

@madman I found a post here at Excelmale that has the Dr Marino post/writings copy and pasted. Interested read, my only question if this happens to all, how do the old school TRT'ers still feel the positive effects of exogenous testosterone? I am fairly certain in my case it can/does do as Dr. Marino describes.

link to Dr. Marino post - copy/pasted to Excelmale https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?8723-TRT-and-saturation-of-dopamine-receptors

Hey man, sorry to hear about your troubling diagnoses. Nerve damage is no fun for anyone.

I truly do hope it is the DHEA causing your symptoms as opposed to a physical cause. Only time will tell!

Oh btw, that whole idea posted there goes against nearly everything we know about TRT now. It's pure speculation not exactly based on evidence or anything.

cja

Hey man, sorry to hear about your troubling diagnoses. Nerve damage is no fun for anyone.

I truly do hope it is the DHEA causing your symptoms as opposed to a physical cause. Only time will tell!

Oh btw, that whole idea posted there goes against nearly everything we know about TRT now. It's pure speculation not exactly based on evidence or anything.

Thank you!

You are speaking of the Dr. Marino, or the HCG and upstream? The Dr. Marino post leaves more questions than answers for me. If it were true, TRT would be a short term fix and we would need to cycle off like Steroid users.

edit...I just read your reply to the Dr. Marino post ;)

Thank you!

You are speaking of the Dr. Marino, or the HCG and upstream? The Dr. Marino post leaves more questions than answers for me. If it were true, TRT would be a short term fix and we would need to cycle off like Steroid users.

edit...I just read your reply to the Dr. Marino post ;)

We both use one of the most advanced clinics for low testosterone and they do not advocate cycling testosterone, for good reasons. There's no experienced TRT doctor that advises that, and personally I think it'd be unethical because it'd cause harm to the patient.

madman

Super Moderator
Yesterday I had a good discussion with Melissa over at Defy. We spoke about the many things that need to be in line for ones libido. Including E2, my medications/opiate, a MRI of my lower back, and a Ultrasound of my testicles. She then took this along with my chart to Dr. Saya, then called me back. The numbness,/loss of sensations can be related to a bulging discs I have between L5/S1 - L4/L5 - L3/L4, and after looking at a Dermatome Map I have a better understanding of this. I plan to see a neurologist, something I've been considering as the Physical Therapy I am currently doing is helping my back muscles, but not with the nerve pain I am having. We plan to test DHT, Prolactin, and Cortisol in the next few weeks.

I seen Nelson Vergel say that HCG of 350ui every other day can help stimulate upstream hormones such as DHEA, so I increased HCG from 300ui to 350ui every other day. I have also stopped taking the DHEA 25mg pills a few days ago, so I am hoping for the best here. I never felt any positive effects from DHEA anyway, only groggy when taken in the morning.

@madman I found a post here at Excelmale that has the Dr Marino post/writings copy and pasted. Interested read, my only question if this happens to all, how do the old school TRT'ers still feel the positive effects of exogenous testosterone? I am fairly certain in my case it can/does do as Dr. Marino describes.

link to Dr. Marino post - copy/pasted to Excelmale https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?8723-TRT-and-saturation-of-dopamine-receptors

I was not saying I agree with everything Marino states in the article but I do feel that neurotransmitter health plays a big role in a healthy functioning libido.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me