Basic strategies to mitigate Adderall neurotoxicity

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Current research suggests that Adderall (mixed amphetamine salts) at therapeutic doses is highly unlikely to directly kill dopaminergic neurons. However, chronic amphetamine use does deplete endogenous antioxidants, results in long-lasting downregulation of the enzyme tyrosine hydroxylase involved in the endogenous biosynthesis of dopamine from tyrosine, and reduces both nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF) in rat brain2. These cellular events likely underly Adderall neurotoxicity.

Benefits of Adderall in Patients with ADHD
The benefits of Adderall in certain patients cannot be dismissed despite these safety concerns.

An MRI-based neuroimaging study provided tentative evidence that therapeutic doses of psychostimulants in patients with ADHD rescues alterations in brain structure compared with unmedicated subjects3, which may underlie the clinical benefits of psychostimulants in this patient population.

It remains possible that amphetamine exerts neurotrophic effects in individuals with ADHD by facilitating normal brain development and enhancing reward saliency while also at the same time adversely affecting the dopaminergic system. Elevations in intracellular dopamine concentrations outside of vesicular storage likely promotes the formation of 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA, oxidopamine). 6-OHDA or oxidopamine is a potent neurotoxin which selectively destroys dopaminergic neurons and is employed in animal models to emulate methamphetamine abuse and Parkinson’s disease.

These biochemical events likely underlie Adderall neurotoxicity.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ScottM

Great read and love that they included the old vitamin D study.

-Scott
Telthera

Current research suggests that Adderall (mixed amphetamine salts) at therapeutic doses is highly unlikely to directly kill dopaminergic neurons. However, chronic amphetamine use does deplete endogenous antioxidants, results in long-lasting downregulation of the enzyme tyrosine hydroxylase involved in the endogenous biosynthesis of dopamine from tyrosine, and reduces both nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF) in rat brain2. These cellular events likely underly Adderall neurotoxicity.

Benefits of Adderall in Patients with ADHD
The benefits of Adderall in certain patients cannot be dismissed despite these safety concerns.

An MRI-based neuroimaging study provided tentative evidence that therapeutic doses of psychostimulants in patients with ADHD rescues alterations in brain structure compared with unmedicated subjects3, which may underlie the clinical benefits of psychostimulants in this patient population.

It remains possible that amphetamine exerts neurotrophic effects in individuals with ADHD by facilitating normal brain development and enhancing reward saliency while also at the same time adversely affecting the dopaminergic system. Elevations in intracellular dopamine concentrations outside of vesicular storage likely promotes the formation of 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA, oxidopamine). 6-OHDA or oxidopamine is a potent neurotoxin which selectively destroys dopaminergic neurons and is employed in animal models to emulate methamphetamine abuse and Parkinson's disease.

These biochemical events likely underlie Adderall neurotoxicity.

I feel so damned alert when I am taking my doses. However I tend to get adderall**** for lack of a better term. I feel like getting an erection is harder as well as I have this feeling as if my bladder hasn't completely emptied.

I work in software engineering and love the productivity boost but I'm also a randy little bugger who is even more governed by my libido. Dilemmas Dilemmas.

Re-Ride

Thanks for posting Nelson. I'm not going to read the study. Would someone care to summarize the mitigation strategy? Does one relinquish his civil rights by becoming a registered Adderall user as does the know marijuana user?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me