Anastrozole at 1 mg/day Reduced Insulin Sensitivity in Men

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Aromatase Inhibition Reduces Insulin Sensitivity in Healthy Men.
Randomized controlled trial

Gibb FW, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016.

Authors
Gibb FW1, Homer NZ1, Faqehi AM1, Upreti R1, Livingstone DE1, McInnes KJ1, Andrew R1, Walker BR1.
Author information
1British Heart Foundation Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, Queen's Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom.

Citation
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016 May;101(5):2040-6. doi: 10.1210/jc.2015-4146. Epub 2016 Mar 11.
Abstract

CONTEXT: Deficiency of aromatase, the enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of androgens to estrogens, is associated with insulin resistance in humans and mice.

OBJECTIVE: We hypothesized that pharmacological aromatase inhibition results in peripheral insulin resistance in humans.

DESIGN: This was a double-blind, randomized, controlled, crossover study.

SETTING: The study was conducted at a clinical research facility.

PARTICIPANTS: Seventeen healthy male volunteers (18-50 y) participated in the study.

INTERVENTION: The intervention included oral anastrozole (1 mg daily) and placebo, each for 6 weeks with a 2-week washout period.

MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE: Glucose disposal and rates of lipolysis were measured during a stepwise hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamp. Data are mean (SEM).

RESULTS: Anastrozole therapy resulted in significant estradiol suppression (59.9 ± 3.6 vs 102.0 ± 5.7 pmol/L, P = < .001) and a more modest elevation of total T (25.8 ± 1.2 vs 21.4 ± 0.7 nmol/L, P = .003). Glucose infusion rate, during the low-dose insulin infusion, was lower after anastrozole administration (12.16 ± 1.33 vs 14.15 ± 1.55 μmol/kg·min, P = .024). No differences in hepatic glucose production or rate of lipolysis were observed.

CONCLUSION: Aromatase inhibition reduces insulin sensitivity, with respect to peripheral glucose disposal, in healthy men. Local generation and action of estradiol, at the level of skeletal muscle, is likely to be an important determinant of insulin sensitivity.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Bikeman

So this is not Anastrazole causing Insulin sensitivity but rather the over use of Anastrazole ( or any other A.I ?) suppressing estradiol too much?

JakeH

I find it interesting, unless my conversion is wrong, that their levels of E2 only dropped from a converted 27.8pg/ml to 16.3pg/ml after taking 1mg per day for 6 weeks, at testosterone levels of 616 and 743, respectively.

I know this is a small study, but it seems by judging from the tenor of this forum, they should have all crashed their E2. It would have been helpful to have subjective results to accompany the numbers.

Last edited:

Re-Ride

Perfect timing! CFR 137.165 ( wheat flour required to be dusted with folic acid ) can be immediately revised to include a dusting of anastrozole as a rider to the Senate's War on Health Care Act.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me