Just started TRT-- 100mg per week.... and .5mg anastrozole

Buy Lab Tests Online

LateStart

Hello everyone. I just started trt 100mg week and .5mg anastrozole. 40 years old natural test 575. Can anyone tell me what testosterone levels to expect from this protocol? I will get blood tests and results in 2 months. Just curious what thoughts some experienced people may have. Any thoughts greatly appreciated

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Why are you taking anastrozole at this point in the process? Is your pre-TRT estradiol elevated? Was,it captured via the sensitive, LC, MS/MS, lab test? Your total testosterone is respectable, hardly top-notch...can you post your lab values with reference ranges?

LateStart

Estradiol was slightly elevated pre trt. Not sure on the type of test I'll look at it when I get back home and try to post it up. I had tried a few things on my own to raise my test levels in the weeks before my Dr visit. I had some success with clomid but I didn't feel very well. End result was an elevated testosterone level and a higher than normal estradiol level. I'll try to get more info posted soon. Thank you for the reply.

LateStart

Estradiol 55.0 reference range 7.6 - 42.6

I was a little irresponsible and tried to self medicate. Was having trouble finding a doctor to treat me at a level of 575 testosterone. I've tried to read a lot on sites like this one about different experiences. In 2012 I had a motorcycle wreck that changed all aspects of my life......as they relate to testosterone so I thought it was an avenue worth pursuing. Pre accident I was in the best shape of my life and felt great. Building muscle and losing body fat was a fairly simple task. These days it seems impossible and my energy level/ overall health are suffering. Wish I had a baseline test from before my accident. Everyone should find out there hormone levels at age 25-30. Would make this process easier if you could compare now to then. Sorry for being so wordy. I'm just really hopeful this will help me

CoastWatcher

I was a little irresponsible and tried to self medicate. Was having trouble finding a doctor to treat me at a level of 575 testosterone. I've tried to read a lot on sites like this one about different experiences. In 2012 I had a motorcycle wreck that changed all aspects of my life......as they relate to testosterone so I thought it was an avenue worth pursuing. Pre accident I was in the best shape of my life and felt great. Building muscle and losing body fat was a fairly simple task. These days it seems impossible and my energy level/ overall health are suffering. Wish I had a baseline test from before my accident. Everyone should find out there hormone levels at age 25-30. Would make this process easier if you could compare now to then. Sorry for being so wordy. I'm just really hopeful this will help me
Your estradiol was measured with the wrong lab test (the range is a dead giveaway). The standard test that you report *tends* to overestimate e2 levels in men. Future testing should rely on the sensitive, LC, MS/MS, assay. Was your anastrozole prepared by a compounding pharmacy?

Your other lab work will help generate more appropriate discussion.

Last edited:

ERO

That is a significant dose of Anastrozole as it is very powerful. I would not take it at all until you get the proper E2 test results. Tanking your E2 feels awful and can take several weeks to recover.

LateStart

Ero...thanks very much for your advice. I will avoid the anastrozole all together u til I get further lab results. Glad I came here for guidance.

madman

Super Moderator

575 for natty t is far from bad unless from lab work your results showed low free t/high shbg .Building muscle/losing body fat should be the least concerns regarding starting trt. Low energy can be related to thyroid/adrenal issues, low iron/b12.

LateStart

Thyroid #s were perfect, b12 was high. Was hoping I would feel and function better if I were closer to the top of the range on testosterone. Vitamin D was extremely low and I'm now taking a supplement. You're thinkimg I won't notice the difference between 575 and 1000?

CoastWatcher

Thyroid #s were perfect, b12 was high. Was hoping I would feel and function better if I were closer to the top of the range on testosterone. Vitamin D was extremely low and I'm now taking a supplement. You're thinkimg I won't notice the difference between 575 and 1000?
Initiating TRT starts the process of shutting down all natural production of testosterone. Very shortly, you will be dependent on exogenous testosterone for the rest of your life. Now, it's true, some men discontinue TRT and attempt to restart their natural production. These efforts can be successful, but frequently fail. TRT is a commitment with significant consequences.mPerhaps your lab work, the SHBG and free testosterone results will offer more insight.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me