Starting Danazol as Part of My Protocol

Buy Lab Tests Online

Davi****3

I am starting 50mg of danazol. I understand it increases my free testosterone. I am wondering if it will decrease my total testosterone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
It binds to SHBG, so it increases free testosterone in men on TRT. However, no one I have talked to reports better quality of life.

If you take Danazol without TRT, your testosterone will be shut down since it is an androgen that fools the HPT axis.

Davi****3

Thanks Nelson!
I was prescribed it for part of hrt. I have starter to feel fatigued and didn't know if that was a side effect of the danazol. I am also curious if they prescribed this to me to lower my tt. It was kind of normal because I had just finished taking clomid. I went to get help because I no longer wanted to take stuff and not monitor my blood work. I figured it was safer getting testOster one from a dr.

I am starting 50mg of danazol. I underst and it increases my free testosterone. I am wondering if it will decrease my total testosterone?

What are the rest of the details of your regimen? Doses and levels of T, E, SHBG?

It shouldn't lower your total testosterone unless you are not on TRT (in which case you shouldn't take danazol).

apsjiml

What are the rest of the details of your regimen? Doses and levels of T, E, SHBG?

It shouldn't lower your total testosterone unless you are not on TRT (in which case you shouldn't take danazol).

Wouldn't danazol lower total testosterone because shbg increases the half life of testosterone? So , if we reduce shbg then it should reduce total testosterone and increase free testosterone. ?? Sex hormone-binding globulin regulation of androgen bioactivity in vivo: validation of the free hormone hypothesis

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

apsjiml

Only if you are not on TRT.

Danazol provides no quality of life benefit even if your free T increases.

What I was talking about is how if your shbg is elevated it will elevate total testosterone as well because it increases the half life of testosterone , while at the same time binding up a person usable free unbound testosterone. This is a big issue, as some guys may have normal levels of testosterone but at the same time their shbg may be super high Sex hormone-binding globulin regulation of androgen bioactivity in vivo: validation of the free hormone hypothesis

Cataceous

Super Moderator
What I was talking about is how if your shbg is elevated it will elevate total testosterone as well because it increases the half life of testosterone , while at the same time binding up a person usable free unbound testosterone. This is a big issue, as some guys may have normal levels of testosterone but at the same time their shbg may be super high Sex hormone-binding globulin regulation of androgen bioactivity in vivo: validation of the free hormone hypothesis
However, the current better understanding of SHBG shows that reduction in free testosterone with higher SHBG is considerably less pronounced than previously believed. You can confirm this by comparing the Vermeulen calculation to the new Tru-T method. For example, the Vermeulen method says that someone with total testosterone of 700 ng/dL and SHBG of 30 nMol/L experiences a reduction in free T of 36% when SHBG is doubled. However, the Tru-T method reveals that the reduction is actually only 15%.

Because the HPTA essentially regulates free testosterone, we could turn this concept around and say that stimulation of excess testosterone production by higher SHBG is less pronounced than previously believed.

apsjiml

However, the current better understanding of SHBG shows that reduction in free testosterone with higher SHBG is considerably less pronounced than previously believed. You can confirm this by comparing the Vermeulen calculation to the new Tru-T method. For example, the Vermeulen method says that someone with total testosterone of 700 ng/dL and SHBG of 30 nMol/L experiences a reduction in free T of 36% when SHBG is doubled. However, the Tru-T method reveals that the reduction is actually only 15%.

Because the HPTA essentially regulates free testosterone, we could turn this concept around and say that stimulation of excess testosterone production by higher SHBG is less pronounced than previously believed.

I think the Tru-T method is not accurate at all . I can tell you by reducing my shbg from 65 plus down to 30 it was a big difference. not just a little. I have heard this from other guys too. I think we like to put everyone in a box and give them one size fits all and that is just wrong. It is not just shbg, but also thyroid binding globulin changes with that. There has been studies on this topic that do point to the fact that guys with elevated shbg often do have symptoms of low t

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I think the Tru-T method is not accurate at all . I can tell you by reducing my shbg from 65 plus down to 30 it was a big difference. not just a little. I have heard this from other guys too. I think we like to put everyone in a box and give them one size fits all and that is just wrong. It is not just shbg, but also thyroid binding globulin changes with that. There has been studies on this topic that do point to the fact that guys with elevated shbg often do have symptoms of low t
To support this you would need to test free testosterone via equilibrium dialysis, considered the gold standard. But the research in support of Tru-T shows much better correlation between equilibrium dialysis and Tru-T than between equilibrium dialysis and Vermeulen. Check out this post by @madman.

Vince

Super Moderator
Is the LC/MS part measuring total testosterone, which is then used to calculate free testosterone?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
If you look at the test description it says:

Methodology
Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry • Calculation (CALC) • Immunochemiluminescence Assay (ICMA)​

This is not one of the traditional free T calculations. I suspect LC/MS is used for total testosterone and then ICMA and a calculation are used to determine free testosterone. Is this equivalent to the—inaccurate—direct immunoassay? Maybe someone in the know can clarify this. @madman?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Methodology
Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry • Calculation (CALC) • Immunochemiluminescence Assay (ICMA)​

This is not one of the traditional free T calculations. I suspect LC/MS is used for total testosterone and then ICMA and a calculation are used to determine free testosterone. Is this equivalent to the—inaccurate—direct immunoassay? Maybe someone in the know can clarify this. @madman?
Nope.

This is for one test: Free testosterone by LC/MS
The Quest description sucks since it is copied from other testosterone tests

apsjiml

To support this you would need to test free testosterone via equilibrium dialysis, considered the gold standard. But the research in support of Tru-T shows much better correlation between equilibrium dialysis and Tru-T than between equilibrium dialysis and Vermeulen. Check out this post by @madman.

I have tested free testosterone with equilibrium dialysis and actually nebido calculator was the closest every time the tru t shit was not even close.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I have tested free testosterone with equilibrium dialysis and actually nebido calculator was the closest every time the tru t shit was not even close.
Such a match would be unusually fortuitous, because even with great correlation, comparing different methods almost always requires scaling and offsets. What's the reference range of your test? Is it a particular LabCorp or Quest test number?

apsjiml

Methodology

So, I tested with free testosterone with equilibrium dialysis and it was 19.8 total testosterone was 863 . I have done this other times it was pretty close to that. On the nebido calculator it was 18.5 ok. So, then lets take a journey here to the tru t . It is saying my free testosterone is 29.72 ng/dl. So, that is just one example and I have others too . I think that test tru t- is not accurate at all

apsjiml

Such a match would be unusually fortuitous, because even with great correlation, comparing different methods almost always requires scaling and offsets. What's the reference range of your test? Is it a particular LabCorp or Quest test number?

Those are from quest diagnostics

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching