Defy follow up blood work - thoughts on optimization?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Moonshot

I just got back my blood work as I'm reaching the end of my first three months on TRT with Defy Medical. It will be 2-3 weeks before my follow up consultation, I'd appreciate any input you have on my results.

Highlights:

- Total T: 1310, range 348-1197
(pre-TRT: 442)
- Free T: 30.6 pg/mL, range 6.8-21.5 (pre-TRT: 6.8)
- Estradiol, Sensitive: 41.4 pg/mL, range 8.0-35.0 (pre-TRT: 15.6)

- DHEA-Sulfate: 252 ug/dL, range 71.6-375.4 (pre-TRT: 76.1)

- TSH: 2.06 uIU/mL, range 0.450 - 4.500
(pre-TRT: 2.53)
- Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S: 1.00 ng/dL, range 0.82 - 1.77 (pre-TRT: 1.18)
- Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum: 3.8 pg/mL, range 2.0 - 4.4 (pre-TRT: 2.7)

Overall I feel a lot better and have experienced a lot of the benefits of optimizing T. The only side effect I've seen is some manageable acne, nothing terrible and after applying some over the counter medicated pads it's mostly under control. The one thing I was hoping for that I haven't seen is dropping more body fat, though I've been eating at a caloric surplus and gained a fair amount of weight (and made great progress on my lifts) while my waist measurement has stayed the same, so I can't complain too much. I was just hoping to see my waist slim down and it hasn't happened. I'm wondering if dropping my estradiol will help with that.

I've attached the full blood work results for your reference. Any thoughts you have would be great.

Attachments

• LAB RESULTS 6.9.17_cleansed.pdf
    106.9 KB · Views: 89
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Try Selsun Blue, yes, the shampoo, as a body wash, works great for acne. I think your numbers look good. What is your protocol?

Last edited:

RLW

Those numbers look pretty good. I'm starting trt this week and my pre trt numbers look similar to yours. Do you mind sharing your trt protocol?

Creatinine (kidney) are high this can be an effect of gym activity/weight training/etc give you a false kidney fucntion test. I like to refrain from gym for 72hrs prior to my tests but this can still read high due to muscle mass, weight training, and so forth.

Moonshot

Protocol is as follows:

2x/week
.35 mL (70mg) Test Cyp
.35 mL (350 IU) HCG
.125 mg Anastrozole

Daily
35 mg DHEA (at night--he said if it caused problems sleeping, swap with Thyroid to morning)
.5 grain Nature Thyroid (first thing in morning, don't eat anything else for 20-30 mins.)

In addition to what Defy prescribed above:

Daily Supplement Pills (Defy did recommend I continue with Vitamin D and Fish Oil)
2 x 5,000 IU Vitamin D3
4 x 1,000 mg Fish Oil
50 mg Zinc
1,000 mg Chewable Vitamin C
3,000 mg Turmeric Curcumin with Bioperine (one 1,500 mg capsule 2x/day)
200 mg R-ALA (one 100mg capsule 2x/day)

Supplement Powders (mostly for pre & post lifting, I try to take these 3x/day, usually in whey protein shakes)
2g Beta Alanine
1g Betaine Anhydrous
2.5g Creatine
2g HMB

Last edited:

Moonshot

Creatinine (kidney) are high this can be an effect of gym activity/weight training/etc give you a false kidney fucntion test. I like to refrain from gym for 72hrs prior to my tests but this can still read high due to muscle mass, weight training, and so forth.

I understand the creatinine number is high, but that's 100% explained by my increased muscle mass, training and creatine supplementation. Many doctors seem concerned about it anyway, but from all the research I've done, and opinions of doctors who lift (surprisingly rare...) and take creatine themselves, it is not a problem, and the proper test for someone who trains and supplements with creatine would be a cystatin C clearance lab, which wasn't requested here. Perhaps I can ask for it to be included next time, as I did with my previous primary care physician when she tried to convince me that I was killing my kidneys by supplementing with creatine.

Moonshot

Try Selsun Blue, yes, the shampoo, as a body wash, works great for acne. I think your numbers look good. What is your protocol?
Thanks Vince. I've heard the same thing about Nizoral A-D which is what I'm using now along with Minoxidil to stave off hair loss. Do you have reason to believe Selsun Blue is a better option?

Vince

Super Moderator
If you're really interested in dropping weight, I would go low-carb. It really made a big difference for me.

Moonshot

If you're really interested in dropping weight, I would go low-carb. It really made a big difference for me.

I have been low carb for years, though not ZERO carbs. I let things slide for a while and got up to a peak of 238 lbs. at 6'1", and that was after not really lifting or exercising at all for a couple of years so it was not a healthy or muscular 238. I dieted mostly by skipping meals down to 199 while still not training. Started back up with training and intentionally having some caloric surplus to support muscle growth, and I'm currently around 223, but a good chunk of the gain is lean body mass--my strength has gone up a lot, and workouts and recovery got noticeably easier after starting TRT.

I wasn't trying to drop weight, since that is really at odds with gaining strength and muscle. I was just hoping the TRT would shift more of my weight gain to LBM and hopefully shed some fat. It probably has done the former, but not the latter. I have no doubt I could start skipping meals again and lose a bunch of weight, but I'd likely have to lose some ground on my strength training. My lifting coach is tweaking some things in my programming now to try to help with body comp, probably slowing my progress but not stopping it completely.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me