Hypothetical: Protocol for stopping TRT

Just exploring all options.

Been doing 100mg Cypionate every week for a year. If I want to stop and let my body have a full reboot, maybe to gauge natural baseline levels, what is the recommended way to do this? I have stopped cold turkey in the past and it isn't pleasant.

fyi, I have HCG and can get a rx for Clomid.

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

Defy Medical has a protocol for "How to stop testosterone safely and possibly reset your hormone axis" you may like to read over.
    http://defymedical.com/blog/item/14-...r-hormone-axis
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Defy Medical has a protocol for "How to stop testosterone safely and possibly reset your hormone axis" you may like to read over.
    http://defymedical.com/blog/item/14-...r-hormone-axis

They suggest 350iu HCG every day for the first 15 days. But in the below link Nelson suggests 2,500iu once every other day. That's a HUGE and unsettling difference.

https://www.excelmale.com/content.ph...-Hormonal-Axis

Let's say I was going to stop the testosterone and not use any serm. Is there a benefit to still using HCG for a while, and if so how much would you suggest and for how long? I know you're not a doctor, would just like your thoughts based on experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SixHouse View Post
    They suggest 350iu HCG every day for the first 15 days. But in the below link Nelson suggests 2,500iu once every other day. That's a HUGE and unsettling difference.

https://www.excelmale.com/content.ph...-Hormonal-Axis

Let's say I was going to stop the testosterone and not use any serm. Is there a benefit to still using HCG for a while, and if so how much would you suggest and for how long? I know you're not a doctor, would just like your thoughts based on experience.
    If HCG was part of protocol, like me 500iu every 3 1/2 days and my testicles feel full. I personally don't believe you need HCG to start your restart, but if you were not using HCG and your testicles shrink. I believe you would HCG to start the restart protocol. Like you said I'm not a doctor.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

The role of HCG for a legitimate restart is simply to fill the 2 week "washout period" while you're waiting for the T cyp (or other ester) to be mostly removed from the body. The HCG during this period allows a kickstart to the testes so that they are then primed and ready to respond to the REAL top-down (hypothal-pituitary-testes) restart, which is the SERM.

In other words, the SERM is actually the key component of the restart.
    Lead Physician & Medical Director
    www.defymedical.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Comments on this forum do not constitute or establish a physician-patient relationship. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Thread Information