Thyroid Therapy: Its Long-Term Effects

Hi all, my simple question is: does adding T4 medications stop natural production just like in trt? Is this a concern? Does it cause atrophy?Is ok to stop it? Is any kind of pct like process for it? Thanks

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

Most of the time the doses used won't completely suppress TSH, so your thyroid should still be producing some hormones even when your taking exogenous T4. A lot of alternative practitioners will aim for a TSH of 1.

Typically when you stop taking the T4 your TSH will rise back up to where is was before you started as your pituitary tries to get your thyroid to produce more.

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it. My thyroid values are : tsh- 1.11 t3 - 3.4 t4 - 1.1. I believe my values are in the low optimal range. I would like to push it to optimal values. Should I ask for t4 medications or it would be better option just supplementation? For the t4 option should I start by minimal dose 0.25 mcg levothyroxine for example? Sorry for questioning but doctors here are really bad and don't even have an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Fernandes View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it. My thyroid values are : tsh- 1.11 t3 - 3.4 t4 - 1.1. I believe my values are in the low optimal range. I would like to push it to optimal values. Should I ask for t4 medications or it would be better option just supplementation? For the t4 option should I start by minimal dose 0.25 mcg levothyroxine for example? Sorry for questioning but doctors here are really bad and don't even have an opinion.
    Please post the ranges associated with the test results you've provided. Without them we're unable to offer you any thoughts. How old are you? Are you taking any medications/supplements?
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    Please post the ranges associated with the test results you've provided. Without them we're unable to offer you any thoughts. How old are you? Are you taking any medications/supplements?
    I'm 41. I'm considering levothyroxine for medication. Since my ferratin is low also iron, iodine and zinc are on my thoughts. I'm not taking anything until now.
    Medical values :

Ft3 - 3.4ng/l (2.3-4.2)
    Ft4 - 1.10ng/l (0.80-1.76)
    Tsh - 1.11 ng/l (0.35-5.50)
    Ferratin - 27 ug/l(22-322)

This is European lab standards.
    Thanks for your help.

Thread Information