Thyroid Therapy: Its Long-Term Effects

Buy Lab Tests Online

Luis Fernandes

Hi all, my simple question is: does adding T4 medications stop natural production just like in trt? Is this a concern? Does it cause atrophy?Is ok to stop it? Is any kind of pct like process for it? Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HarryCat

Most of the time the doses used won't completely suppress TSH, so your thyroid should still be producing some hormones even when your taking exogenous T4. A lot of alternative practitioners will aim for a TSH of 1.

Typically when you stop taking the T4 your TSH will rise back up to where is was before you started as your pituitary tries to get your thyroid to produce more.

Luis Fernandes

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it. My thyroid values are : tsh- 1.11 t3 - 3.4 t4 - 1.1. I believe my values are in the low optimal range. I would like to push it to optimal values. Should I ask for t4 medications or it would be better option just supplementation? For the t4 option should I start by minimal dose 0.25 mcg levothyroxine for example? Sorry for questioning but doctors here are really bad and don't even have an opinion.

CoastWatcher

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it. My thyroid values are : tsh- 1.11 t3 - 3.4 t4 - 1.1. I believe my values are in the low optimal range. I would like to push it to optimal values. Should I ask for t4 medications or it would be better option just supplementation? For the t4 option should I start by minimal dose 0.25 mcg levothyroxine for example? Sorry for questioning but doctors here are really bad and don't even have an opinion.

Please post the ranges associated with the test results you've provided. Without them we're unable to offer you any thoughts. How old are you? Are you taking any medications/supplements?

Luis Fernandes

Please post the ranges associated with the test results you've provided. Without them we're unable to offer you any thoughts. How old are you? Are you taking any medications/supplements?

I'm 41. I'm considering levothyroxine for medication. Since my ferratin is low also iron, iodine and zinc are on my thoughts. I'm not taking anything until now.
Medical values :

Ft3 - 3.4ng/l (2.3-4.2)
Ft4 - 1.10ng/l (0.80-1.76)
Tsh - 1.11 ng/l (0.35-5.50)
Ferratin - 27 ug/l(22-322)

This is European lab standards.
Thanks for your help.

Luis Fernandes

Hi Joey786,

thanks for reply, I know My values are normal. My goal is got to optimize values as in the picture, and check if I have improvements with that.

would you consider to risky to add low dose T4? are side effect not worth doing it?

thyroid values.jpg

Joey786

15% of people who take levothyroxine do not convert well to t3. Blood work while on Levo would tell you if you convert well. I have seen that chart many times. Many people swear by it. The research I've done points to elevated thyroid levels within the normal range to negative health markers. I posted a thread in this section about it maybe you'd like to check it out. Your numbers look great to me. I am not a doctor. Please seek a competent physician to talk to.

ratbag

with your ferritin at 27 you are hypothyroid. Read about low iron symptoms and you'll see. Supping thyroid meds won't help. You need to find a way to get your ferritin higher. You likely have all the low iron symptoms and hypothyroid symptoms.

Luis Fernandes

Thanks Ratbag,
actually I've donated twice on the past 6 months before blood work since my Hematocrit was a little bit high. I'm supplementing now with 20g of Gentle iron daily. Not sure if this is the best approach. I heard that is quite hard to supp iron. Any suggestions?

Luis Fernandes

Hi,

i am updating this thread with result of supplementing 20g of Gentle iron daily.
yesterday I receive results and i've notice serum iron is very high 181 ug/dl (65 - 175). should I stop it or reduce it? is this really best approach for recover ferratin?

ratbag

You should be confirming this with your MD. Mine is like that too except that my iron serum is at the very top of range while my ferritin is at the very bottom of range without any iron supplementation and I have low iron symptoms and hypothyroid symptoms. Not pleasant!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me