Hello, starting TRT soon need advice

Buy Lab Tests Online

Spindrallis

Hi Guys,
Great forum I have been stalking on here a short time learning a lot so thank you for that.
I'm 41 was recently scripted Test Cyp 200 mg shot every 14 days from my doc. My Total T was 320 felt like crap, fatigue, no libido etc. The doc didn't get a sensitive e2 assay despite asking him specifically nor did he get a free T either.
I'm getting those needed labs and others as well as setting up a consultation with Defy.
So I'm pretty sure my primary Doc really doesn't have a clue about proper dosing and TRT protocol in general. Nice guy and glad he was willing to get me going but they want me to come in and they will do an injection, then send me on my way to continue myself at home thereafter, which is great...
but from what research I have done the protocol he is starting me on may not be the best way to start due to high peaks and valleys etc. The doc, I think is open to me suggesting something different perhaps. Just wanted to get any thoughts on a better starting injection/amount schedule that I could propose to him. This is also my first time on any forum as well so forgive any improper edicate. Thanks for any help.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale.

Your research and instincts have paid off - you recognize a protocol that will lead to failure. It would help if you post your lab results, inadequate as you indicate they might be, as that will spark a more focused conversation. Typically, a good starting protocol is 50mg every 3.5 days with tests run at the six week to measure progress. How much HCG was prescribed (if any)?

Spindrallis

Yea I wish could post my labs they are on ten different sheets so I'm not sure how I would load them.
But to summarize the two
Total T=322 ng/dl
Total estrogens =90pg/ml range 40-115pg/nl
This is non sensitive assay I believe.
And to be honest I don't what else is important yet I did have a full metabolic panel as well PSA and tsh/ vitamin d
Thanks for your advice I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure. I will propose that to him.
He did not mention anything as far as HCG and a month ago when I saw him, I myself had no clue about HCG. I am interested to learn more because from a fertility standpoint I'm wondering if this could help because we have been unable to get pregnant in the past 7 years ( we have 1, daughter) I now suspect I could be the cause and wonder if HCG could help? Also aside from fertility what is the main reason they run HCG with TRT?

Vince

Super Moderator
It sounds like you would like to remain fertile, Clomid may be a better option for you. Younger men seem to do better on Clomid then older men.

CoastWatcher

Yea I wish could post my labs they are on ten different sheets so I'm not sure how I would load them.
But to summarize the two
Total T=322 ng/dl
Total estrogens =90pg/ml range 40-115pg/nl
This is non sensitive assay I believe.
And to be honest I don't what else is important yet I did have a full metabolic panel as well PSA and tsh/ vitamin d
Thanks for your advice I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure. I will propose that to him.
He did not mention anything as far as HCG and a month ago when I saw him, I myself had no clue about HCG. I am interested to learn more because from a fertility standpoint I'm wondering if this could help because we have been unable to get pregnant in the past 7 years ( we have 1, daughter) I now suspect I could be the cause and wonder if HCG could help? Also aside from fertility what is the main reason they run HCG with TRT?

Why was Total Estrogens run rather than estradiol/sensitive? Total estrogens provides no information that is actionable - you paid for a test that, for a man, is worthless. As for "critical" tests, you should post LH, FSH, SHBG, Prolactin, TSH, t3, t4, rt3, thyroid antibodies, DHT, and DHEA.

It would be worth your time to read the wealth of material here on the Forum, particularly on HCG and the design of protocols. The sticky posts - in particular - are on point. I have attached a significant thread pertaining to HCG.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...e-Testicular-Shrinkage-and-Preserve-Fertility

Last edited:

Spindrallis

Yea I don't why he even bothered with that e2 test. Thanks for the advice and the link that was very helpful. I've got more research to do

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me