While waiting on my Dr. Saya consultation, here's my bloodwork

Buy Lab Tests Online

Chris84

Hey, guys! I've learned a lot lurking on this board for the past week or so after getting my blood drawn, so I figured that I'd register and make a thread while I eagerly await my phone consultation. I just turned 33, have been working out religiously since high school. Im currently 6'1, 205 lbs at 12-13% bf.

I should note that I've been taking 1mg/day of finasteride for the last 10 years or so and at 30 I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I had a nodule on my thyroid, my TSH was 5 and it was enlarged to the point where it started pressing on my windpipe if I had my chin down. Since then, I've been on Synthroid and have slowly increased the dosage to 100mcg/day and am now within the 1-3range for TSH.

Anyways, since I've entered my 30s, I've felt that my sex drive has decreased even more than usual (I feel like finasteride has affected that slightly although erections have never been a problem for me) and energy is lower along with overall drive and less results in the gym after killing myself. Stubborn fat around the midsection remains after a slow yet effective 10 pound cut. I originally thought curing my hypothyroidism would help fix my energy and libido, but all it did was make me wait an hour for breakfast after taking my Levrothyroxine pill.

So I decided to get some bloodwork done at my PCP (who we all know 99% don't know hormones) who originally only did it for my total test and that's it. The levels were high, but I still felt like shit and knew something was wrong. I went back and told him that I at least wanted free test because basic knowledge told me that it is a lot more important. It came back 107.2 pg/ml or 10.7 ng/dl which is within the range although on the low side especially for someone who works out and eats a well balanced diet. So after some research for a few days, I decided to go with Defy and get some more blood drawn. I was prettying surprised to see the very high level of SBHG at 92.1.

It's the highest SHBG number I've seen since I started skimming these boards. Free test came in at 11.1 although I know now that the SHBG has a lot to do with that. I was also in a caloric deficit for the last 2-3 months but the lowest amount of calories i went down to was 2500. Nothing crazy like anorexic conditions that they say can boost SHBG. I'm also not a drinker.

Although it's hard to say, my questions are could the finasteride be causing this? Or could it also be my levrothyroxine or a combination of both?

My PCP bloodwork is the first attached pic and the rest is from Labcorp for Defy.

Sorry for the really long post, but any responses are appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5797.jpg
    IMG_5797.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 203
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 189
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 200
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 187
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Chris84

Below is also some bloodwork I had done 3 years ago when I felt like crap and then realized it was my thyroid. I was on year 7 of finasteride and the SHBG is on the high end of the range but still nowhere near where it is today at over 90.

Attachments

• IMG_5792.jpg
    IMG_5792.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 187

Chris84

Why are you taking finasteride? I don't believe I have to mention the risks that use of this drug expose a man to.

I started shedding a good amount of hair at the end of college and jumped on it soon after. Throughout the years, I never noticed any side effects while taking it other than it making me a little less horny. I figured that was just from lowering my DHT to really low levels. I'm starting to wonder if long-term use could be contributed to my high SHBG number. I've also heard it is a hard number to bring down once it gets up there.

Last edited:

Chris84

I just saw this video the other day. Definitely interesting. I also started taking 10,000 IUs of D3 two days ago. I wonder how fast my hair would fall out with a combination of quitting finasteride and starting test

I just saw this video the other day. Definitely interesting. I also started taking 10,000 IUs of D3 two days ago. I wonder how fast my hair would fall out with a combination of quitting finasteride and starting test

You'll loose it fast. Try the topical potions that empower pharmacy sells.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me