Looking to Convince My Doctor to Inject More Frequently

Buy Lab Tests Online

JDH

I would immediately switch to twice weekly (Every 3.5 days) and give it 4-5 weeks with no other changes and see how you feel. With your symptoms of feeling good at first and then not as you approach the end of the week, I would bet you feel a lot better.

Your average T levels should increase as well, but you are on the normal starting dose which can be too low for a lot of guys. Just change one variable at a time though so you know what works and what doesn't.

I'm in a similar boat as ERO, but my PCP is hesitant about injecting more than once per week. She is open to changing her mind if I can support the protocol with research.

So...where can I find that research? Every study I can find is based on injecting every 7-14 days. More frequent injection makes sense on paper and if you chart the release based on dose and ester, but "makes sense" is not a reliable scientific conclusion.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JDH

We inject more frequently to keep a steady state of testosterone, less spiking more even levels. Here's a copy of the half life table.

Thanks for the reply! I do understand how half-lives work, and that is why I cannot understand the apparent lack of research and/or professional guidelines regarding more frequent injections. The reason that it matters to me is because my test results are coming back much lower than I would expect based on the half life and dosage.

This leads me to the variety of other reasons frequent injections are recommended in books and on forums, like metabolic clearance and low shbg, etc. I see those recommendations everywhere, and the explanations make sense to me. But where are the studies on injecting 2-3x per week and when that sort of protocol is indicated?

Researchers and medical associations know about half-lives, but none of them recommend injecting more than once per week. I cannot find a single study that injected subjects more than once per week. I am trying to find an explanation as to why it seems like the idea never even occurred to academic researchers, but it seems so common and obvious to lay authors, forum posters, and men's clinic doctors.

Or maybe the research exists, and I just can't find it or don't know the proper search terms? That's really what I'm trying to figure out. =/

Are you injecting at home? If so...why convince your Dr of anything? You would be using the same amount just divided in half...no reason to even talk to him about it.

JDH

Are you injecting at home? If so...why convince your Dr of anything? You would be using the same amount just divided in half...no reason to even talk to him about it.

No, at least not yet.

I thought about just doing what I wanted, but the timing of follow-up testing would be impossible to explain. Or even worse, she does a blood draw on a day that's supposed to be a trough, and it comes back high enough that she wants to cut dose.

Even then, I would want to at least find some research so I can make up my own mind about it. I don't have enough information to warrant lying to my doctor.

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks for the reply! I do understand how half-lives work, and that is why I cannot understand the apparent lack of research and/or professional guidelines regarding more frequent injections. The reason that it matters to me is because my test results are coming back much lower than I would expect based on the half life and dosage.

This leads me to the variety of other reasons frequent injections are recommended in books and on forums, like metabolic clearance and low shbg, etc. I see those recommendations everywhere, and the explanations make sense to me. But where are the studies on injecting 2-3x per week and when that sort of protocol is indicated?

Researchers and medical associations know about half-lives, but none of them recommend injecting more than once per week. I cannot find a single study that injected subjects more than once per week. I am trying to find an explanation as to why it seems like the idea never even occurred to academic researchers, but it seems so common and obvious to lay authors, forum posters, and men's clinic doctors.

Or maybe the research exists, and I just can't find it or don't know the proper search terms? That's really what I'm trying to figure out. =/

Researchers are not trt experts and do not specialize in treating patients. They study the effects of the male hormone on various aspects of human heath. You will not find any research regarding daily/twice/three x weekly injections as majority of the research is based upon bi-weekly/weekly injections of testosterone or daily transdermal.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me