Do your MD's have unlimited access to all your prescribed Rx's?

Buy Lab Tests Online

ratbag

I just learned here in Canada in the province of Quebec that any MD has access via their PC to see what prescriptions any Pharmacies have for you. I didn't realise this and was somewhat shocked when I learned this. Is this the same in the USA?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ScottM

In the US we can't release any medical data (even to other practices) without a signed release form. Health information in the US is very protected and compartmentalized.

-Scott
Telthera

HarryCat

In my experience it is variable. I don't know if it varies by state or if it is a national thing, but my old PCP had nothing about my prescriptions, my new PCP has an EHR system and had access to every prescription I had from the main stream pharmacies (Walgreens, CVS, etc). I don't know if the paperwork I filled out when I joined the practice said anything about this, but I was quite surprised when they started asking me about prescriptions that were written by other doctors. Of course they had nothing about the meds I get from compounding pharmacies.

I know my insurance company just sent out a note saying that they were going to start sharing my medical records with all the providers that I see. :eek:
At least they gave me the option to call and opt out.

ERO

When my aging parents fell ill and I had many emergency room visits with each them I was amazed that their OWN doctors in their OWN hospital could not find out what prescriptions they were on in less than an hour. Seriously, you cant make this up - I took to keeping a printed list of current prescription meds for both my mom and dad in my wallet so I could pull it out and hand to them.

Sean Mosher

I work for a Pain Management doctor here in Houston, TX.
The MA's do pull prescription reports so the doctor is able to tell for a new patient what all their current Rx's include.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me