Doctor is sending t-cyp Rx directly to a compounding pharmacy - is this normal?

Buy Lab Tests Online

trtnoobie

Today, my doctor wrote a prescription for 0.5ml (100mg) t-cyp per week (eg. one 10ml vial). The doctor said he was sending the Rx directly to a compounding pharmacy as it will be much cheaper for me in the end. He said I'll get my t-cyp in the mail.

Is this normal? I expected to get a prescription filled at my normal local pharmacy (like I do with clomid).

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

trtnoobie

It's not unusual to get prescriptions for T from a compounding pharmacy.

I knew this, but I always assumed I'd be the one making the choice of where to get my prescription filled versus the doctor? I mean I guess I could have said no and maybe he would have offered a standard pharmacy where I'd be paying more.

Vince

Super Moderator
I get both testosterone and HCG from a compounding pharmacy, the script is sent by the doctor and I receive my meds in the mail. Any other scripts I get, I also usually order from online pharmacy and I get a 90 day supply in the mail.

trtnoobie

Thanks, guys. If I've learned one thing in this whole process it's to question EVERYTHING, even (especially?) what the doctors say.

It's pretty normal but if you have insurance vers paying OOP then there could be a difference, I've *heard* of guys getting it at CVS with their insurance for pretty cheap, just matters on how you intend to pay for it...

trtnoobie

It's pretty normal but if you have insurance vers paying OOP then there could be a difference, I've *heard* of guys getting it at CVS with their insurance for pretty cheap, just matters on how you intend to pay for it...

In that case, I'm going to have my doctor double-check, because my employee insurance policy says that "Self Administered injectable drugs are covered" for in-network pharmacies.

trtnoobie

Thanks, guys. I found some insurance docs saying it's covered and now my doctor is going to send my prescription to my local pharmacy, where I should end up paying about $10.

One thing with the big pharmacys which I don't think it's an issue but Ive seen reports from guys saying the script is for 10mL vial and they are issued 10, 1mL vials.

trtnoobie

I think my script was for .5ml per week and they were going to send a 10ml vial, so ~5 months' worth. My doctor's assistant said the local pharmacy would probably only do a 30 day supply (so a few 1ml vials I guess, we'll see in a week or two).

One thing with the big pharmacys which I don't think it's an issue but Ive seen reports from guys saying the script is for 10mL vial and they are issued 10, 1mL vials.
I have not run into that. I receive 10 ml vials. I started at CVS then switched to Rite Aid. The issue I run into is having to wait. The pharmacy doesn't stock Testosterone Cypionate. Usually takes 3-5 business days after I call in the refill.

trtnoobie

I ended up getting 2 1ml vials for $10 (local pharmacy, with insurance). I'll need to see if I can get a 10ml vial next time, since what they gave me would only last 4 weeks.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me