High E2 and Poor Sleep Correlation

Buy Lab Tests Online

meanbreen

I know I will get mixed responses here - half the people think that high estradiol is the root of all evil and the other half thinks that it is harmless!

I began TRT roughly 7 weeks ago. Protocol is through Defy - 70mg T-Cyp, 500iu HCG, both E3.5D. I have not had BW done since beginning treatment, though I plan to in the next week or so because I think that my levels should be stable by now.

Long story short, I am feeling so much better. Good erections, increased libido, decreased anxiety. Even gastro symptoms seem to be improving ever so slightly (long history there). I was sleeping amazing each night around the one month mark. However, in the last few weeks, my sleep has been miserable. I really can't pinpoint it. I wake up all during the night. Sleep Apnea has been ruled out. I have seen a few people say that high E2 can cause these insomnia symptoms. I also have been feeling pretty bloated lately. If I take my wedding ring off, there is a permanent red outline when before there was none (I'm sure the wife doesn't mind this part LOL). I just am curious to see how common it is for members here to have their sleep being disturbed by elevated E2.

BTW-I was initially prescribed .125 Arimidex E3.5D but I chose to play it conservative and not take it (after my first week of taking it). I want to be on TRT forever so I want to see how my body naturally aromatizes.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Playing it by ear will not be a path to success. 7 weeks on a new protocol things are still fleshing themselves out, think marathon instead of a sprint. Could just be transient adjustments to the new hormonal environment.

meanbreen

Playing it by ear will not be a path to success. 7 weeks on a new protocol things are still fleshing themselves out, think marathon instead of a sprint. Could just be transient adjustments to the new hormonal environment.
I agree, I'm not going to change anything up before seeing the BW. I was just curious if this was common or not.

Vince

Super Moderator
I don't know if this pertains to you, If I take my DHEA before bed. I sleep terrible, so I take it early during the day.

When my E was 50/60/70/88 I had what I called nite terror type dreams, like shoot out of bed stuff, but not insomnia but I am sleeping somewhat better now that E is down. May be nothing more than a general observation.

meanbreen

Thanks guys. Actually getting BW done tomorrow and I will post results in about a week. Besides the bad sleep I'm also feeling very puffy and dehydrated despite drinking water.

thething313

Just to counter for the sake of argument, I have these exact issues with low E2. With higher E2 my sleep can be a little finicky, but it's also pretty bad with low E2 just in a different way. My point being that most people will have their own somewhat unique experience and it's tough to fully base off others....all that being said, if I had to guess I'd guess that your E2 is on the higher side only because I experience very similar side effects to what you've listed. As you said you're getting blood work tomorrow, which is smart. Definitely get that done and try to wait for the results before taking an anti e (I know how temping it can be when you feel crappy). Keep us updated!!!

meanbreen

Just to counter for the sake of argument, I have these exact issues with low E2. With higher E2 my sleep can be a little finicky, but it's also pretty bad with low E2 just in a different way. My point being that most people will have their own somewhat unique experience and it's tough to fully base off others....all that being said, if I had to guess I'd guess that your E2 is on the higher side only because I experience very similar side effects to what you've listed. As you said you're getting blood work tomorrow, which is smart. Definitely get that done and try to wait for the results before taking an anti e (I know how temping it can be when you feel crappy). Keep us updated!!!
Will do and thanks for the reply! Yeah based on others' replies it might not be an E issue at all. We shall see though!

I agree that the subjective differences between low and high E2 are very difficult to discern, but in my experience there is one dead giveaway when my E2 is low, and that's reduced peak strength while lifting weights. High E2 can make you feel sluggish and lethargic but when you get around to moving some weight, there's no physical handicap. Low E2 makes my workouts feel like what they would if I hadn't eaten in two days.

get2dichoppa

I know I will get mixed responses here - half the people think that high estradiol is the root of all evil and the other half thinks that it is harmless!

I began TRT roughly 7 weeks ago. Protocol is through Defy - 70mg T-Cyp, 500iu HCG, both E3.5D. I have not had BW done since beginning treatment, though I plan to in the next week or so because I think that my levels should be stable by now.

Long story short, I am feeling so much better. Good erections, increased libido, decreased anxiety. Even gastro symptoms seem to be improving ever so slightly (long history there). I was sleeping amazing each night around the one month mark. However, in the last few weeks, my sleep has been miserable. I really can't pinpoint it. I wake up all during the night. Sleep Apnea has been ruled out. I have seen a few people say that high E2 can cause these insomnia symptoms. I also have been feeling pretty bloated lately. If I take my wedding ring off, there is a permanent red outline when before there was none (I'm sure the wife doesn't mind this part LOL). I just am curious to see how common it is for members here to have their sleep being disturbed by elevated E2.

BTW-I was initially prescribed .125 Arimidex E3.5D but I chose to play it conservative and not take it (after my first week of taking it). I want to be on TRT forever so I want to see how my body naturally aromatizes.

Like everyone else has mentioned the difference between low E2 and high E2 is very tough to discern. It has been especially hard for me because even with E2 at 60 I had eczema & popping joints (low E2 symptoms) but also bloat and water retention and insomnia and ED (high E2 symptoms). My protocol now is 80mg per week w/ .5mg AI and I feel much better. As my E2 lowers my insomnia is dissapating, my bloat is gone, and my nightime erections are starting to return, although still weak. Still dealing with the clicking joints and dry skin so not really sure where my E2 is, but I agree with the high E2 and insomnia thing, at least in my case.

meanbreen

The impacts of estrogen (high or low) on brain neurotransmitters is complex and not fully quantified. Estrogen can increase excitatory neurotransmitters such as norepinephrine, which may be a possible mechanism for insomnia or increased anxiety in some folks.

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...in-implications.pdf?origin=publication_detail
Thank you Dr. Saya, I am very interested to see what my blood tests show to see if E2 is even out of range or not.

Weasel

Doc,

have you saw any studies or had experiences where low e2 had the same effect on neurotransmitters?

Certainly in experience I've seen cases to suggest the same. That's the funny thing about hormones, as you all have seen here on the forum, is that the same exact hormone levels/changes can impact two individuals in completely different ways due to the vast number of covariables within each individual and additional variability between individuals (for example - not only will E2 impact neurotransmitter levels...but also testosterone, thyroid, adrenals, stress, sleep, diet, etc etc...AND the net cumulative effect of ALL of these variables isn't always 2 + 2 = 4)

meanbreen

I took 25mg DHEA (oral) last night and slept like a baby! My last DHEA reading was only ~190. Do you think that by fixing my low DHEA I may fix my insomnia, or did I just sleep so good because my body is not used to taking this supplement, and its effects will wear off (kind of like how melatonin loses its effects the longer you take it)?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me