Twenty-nine, history of steroid use, now on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

denmarkdude

Hey guys. Im new here. Thanks for a informative forum.
Background info
I messed around too much with steroids when I was younger, which left me with chronic low T. Ive been trying to medicate my self for the last two years with meds from the black market, because where I live TRT haven't been available at all.

I luckily found a private clinic, so now Im under administration by a doctor, but I still need to ask a few questions here.
I tryed all kinds of different doses, when I did my self. I never experienced being stable for very long, because of too high doses of T, and therefore too much E, which resulted in me flying through sweet spot when controlling E with Arimidex.

Protocol Im running now for 45 days:
50mg test-e 2x week
250mg hcg 2x week

which seems to have brought me to a 'stable' niveau, but not really where I want and need to be. My doctor says I should keep doing this protocol for 6 months, because it can take that much time to really level out.

Estradiol says: 0,14 nmol/L which I converted too 38.1 pg/mL
(I have read that most guys have the best experience with E at 21.8 - 30.11 pg/mL)

Testosterone says: 22 nmol/L which I converted to 634 ng/dL

Did I convert the numbers correctly?

I dont really know if my T is too low, my E is too high, or too low.

What advice can you give me?

My energi is like ok, but I still have som fogginess and no libido at all. I can get soft erection, but its nothing like the sweet spot at all.
When I did it alone, i dosed 100mg 2xweek, had a really hard time controlling E with arimidex - but every once in a while I maybe had 3-6 days in a row where I really had the most amazing, refreshing, beastlike feeling which I presume must be the 'sweet spot'.

Any advice is HIGHLY appreciated, and if I let something out - please just ask.
Thanks a lot guys. Cheers

EDIT: Converted E wrong, should be right now. Seems too high.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Living outside the US, as you do, means you'll not have access to the sensitive estradiol test. You and your doctor will have to rely on the standard assay, the one you have been turning to. I would suggest you have an anxiety about estradiol that may well be working against you. There is no, single, specific numeric value that every man should aim for when balancing e2. Your current levels don't call for an AI, in my opinion, particularly in light of the fact that (as noted) the test you have to rely on typically inflates the levels of estradiol in your blood.

Be patient.

With this protocol and numbers are you currently using an AI, and was your blood taken right before the Test-E injection:

Protocol Im running now for 45 days:
50mg test-e 2x week
250mg hcg 2x week

which seems to have brought me to a 'stable' niveau, but not really where I want and need to be. My doctor says I should keep doing this protocol for 6 months, because it can take that much time to really level out.

Estradiol says: 0,14 nmol/L which I converted too 38.1 pg/mL
(I have read that most guys have the best experience with E at 21.8 - 30.11 pg/mL)

Testosterone says: 22 nmol/L which I converted to 634 ng/dL

denmarkdude

Hi guys. Thanks for all your replies.

I indeed have an anxiety that estrogen is ruining the positive benefits. I think its called for. I have experienced the sweet spot, so I know how this should work.

About the sensitive Estradiol test - I really dont know. There is only 1 Estradiol test on the sheet, if its the sensitive one or not - I dont know. The lab range says 0.09 -0.22 nmol/L.

No, I weren't using an AI at that point. I made an injection the 28th, and labs were drawn the 30th.

@Vince , @VinceCarter , @CoastWatcher

Vince

Super Moderator
Personally I would leave the estrogen levels alone, low estradiol levels causes too many issues. The 50 mg of testosterone twice a week is a good starting dose. I would probably move up, if your hematocrit is in a good range.

denmarkdude

Same issues still. I tried readjusting the dose to 75mg twice a week. Dosing some aromasin every now and then.

Energi is ok, sleep is ok, workout is ok. But no libido, and I feel a bit irritated/depressed. E is definitely too high, but I dont know what to do. I have considered trying dropping my dose as low as 25mg 2xweek, and maybe then my E will be in proper sweet spot range. Its either that, or trying to figure out my AI dose........ Advice appreciated.

user_joe

Same issues still. I tried readjusting the dose to 75mg twice a week. Dosing some aromasin every now and then.

Energi is ok, sleep is ok, workout is ok. But no libido, and I feel a bit irritated/depressed. E is definitely too high, but I dont know what to do. I have considered trying dropping my dose as low as 25mg 2xweek, and maybe then my E will be in proper sweet spot range. Its either that, or trying to figure out my AI dose........ Advice appreciated.

You made a very big increase. Everybody is different so i don't know what dose is going to work for you, but guessing at an AI dose is hard to do with proper e2 testing. You have no chance the way you are going.

Im just guessing here, but based on your total test levels and lack of libido I think I'd try 60mg every 3.5 days without and ai for 6 weeks. Test what you can and asses symptoms to decide if e2 is high or low. Then 70 2x/wk etc if needed.

Vince

Super Moderator

This may not be suitable for you, but some members have had success with lowering their E2 by injecting T daily. I believe doing daily injections may being helping me keep my hematocrit a good range.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me