New Member Intro

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bnib

Hi all, I just stumbled across this site and found a ton of great info. Quick back story on me: I am 39, at 27 became type 1 diabetic. Always been in relatively good shape and probably partied more than I should have in my 20's (alcohol, not drugs). Around 34 or so my T started slipping south of 300. Started TRT. Went great for a while then a few years later my SHBG started rising and staying high. I still struggle with this to this day. So my Free T is sub optimal and I feel like I'm 60. Estrogens are normal but slightly on the higher side. I'm tall, skinny but sort of chubby. I want badly to turn the corner and feel like myself again. I have a kid now so my motivation is higher than ever. Last total T was 500's. Any help anyone can offer, especially regarding free T and lowering SHBG, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Welcome to EM. If you can post your most recent labs with Ref Ranges, we will be able to provide a more definitive discussion to your thread. "Sub Optimal, normal but slightly on the higher side, started rising staying high"?? This can be interpreted 100 ways.

CoastWatcher

In addition to the labs that Chris and Vince have made note of, what are the details of your TRT protocol, along with a list of any other medications/supplements that you're taking, please.

Bnib

Well, can't paste my lab here for some reason... I use 600mg compounded cream on my back and shoulder in the morning. 10,000 iu of vitamin D and insulin for type 1 diabetes. I will try to figure it out but here are the highlights of my last lab:
Total: 501
SHBG: 78.6 (ref 16.5-55.9)
Estradiol 24.3 (ref 7.6- 42.6)
I don't know what Neutrophils are but they are low at 1.3 (ref 1.4-7.0)
Free T is not on the test, current doc just does the math and he said 5 (target 9-15).
No thyroid labs or anything else tested like vit D.

Not sure if there is enough here... obviously the SHBG jumps out and it has for the last several years.

Thanks

Vince

Super Moderator
Have you considered weekly injections of testosterone, along with HCG. High shbg guys do better with only once a week injection of T.

Bnib

We did try weekly injections. Unfortunately the problem was only worse. Estrogens in the 60s and SHBG in the 80-90 range. My total T got to 1500 but my free T never rose above where it is now.
I am tall and skinny but chubby, 20% body fat. I'm working with a personal trainer to try and add muscle and cut fat and hoping that helps. But nothing I read supports that exercise will alter SHBG. Still cutting fat won't be a bad thing...
Does anyone have experience with putting the cream on your scrotum? I was told specifically not to do that, but I wonder if the absorption is better maybe I could use less medicine and possibly see a lower SHBG response in return?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me