DHEA through the roof

Buy Lab Tests Online

Supermansings

Hi guys. Started on trt about a year ago, and initially felt amazing. I have felt worse since January. And over the last couple of months have had anxiety levels that are sometimes unbearable. I have been blaming it on estrogen levels, which were initially dragged too low by Arimidex.

I just had lab drawn , and my testosterone levels are 635, free t 138 E2 35 and SHBG 27. TSH normal and random cortisol 14. However my DHEA-S levels were 1338!! Range 95-530. My HRT doctor had me on DHEA supplementation at 100 mg per day. Is this why I feel like such dirty dogshit?? Feels like I'm having adrenalin dumps throughout the day causing near panic. I've always been high-strung, but this is a different beast than I have ever experienced.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ScottM

I agree with you Vince, I think that the way we think about DHEA will change in the not too distant future, it is quite a potent little compound. I have seen studies that showed when DHEA is taken DHT metabolites increase even though serum DHT remains flat. Right now a lot of the data, efficacy, and dosing is centered around chasing serum levels. As our understanding of tissue levels changes, I foresee the dosing recommendations coming down.

-Scott
Telthera

Vince

Super Moderator
When I had my last Labs, my dhea level was over the high range. At 35 mg daily, I how supplement with 25 mg, in all honesty I don't know if high levels will hurt you besides increasing your E2.

Ive been way over like twice the lab range and never felt good, nor bad, but it always seemed that it wasn't to my benefit to keep treating a number on the lab test when all at best DHEA was very neutral for me. Eventually I started asking myself why I was so committed to taking it. So I stopped. In the same way that Anastrozole get's shoveled on to people who may never need it, DHEA is pushed on them, too. And often just like Anastrozole, overdosed.

GreenMachineX

Hi guys. Started on trt about a year ago, and initially felt amazing. I have felt worse since January. And over the last couple of months have had anxiety levels that are sometimes unbearable. I have been blaming it on estrogen levels, which were initially dragged too low by Arimidex.

I just had lab drawn , and my testosterone levels are 635, free t 138 E2 35 and SHBG 27. TSH normal and random cortisol 14. However my DHEA-S levels were 1338!! Range 95-530. My HRT doctor had me on DHEA supplementation at 100 mg per day. Is this why I feel like such dirty dogshit?? Feels like I'm having adrenalin dumps throughout the day causing near panic. I've always been high-strung, but this is a different beast than I have ever experienced.
I feel like that with even 25mg oral DHEA. I'm curious to see what 5mg sublingual would do as even 12.5mg sublingual is a bit much. But without it, my DHEA-S levels are below the normal limits (56 I believe?). That overstimulated feeling is horrible though, definitely panic inducing.

As noted by others, 100mg of true DHEA (i.e. not a diluted product marketing as 100mg) is much too high of a dose for most. The vast majority of my patients are on dosages ranging from 10-50mg daily.

HealthMan

I have to agree with Vince. Since empowered stopped compounding DHEA and pregnenolone together i used both Pure Encapsulations and Douglas Labs and lab results where pretty much the same as compounded stuff.
HCG seems to have a boosting effect on my DHEA-S levels. Last time i tested 700 ug/dl taking 25mg of DHEA and pregnenolone.
I am thinking about experimenting with 10mg of each and see where my DHEA-S levels will be (my DHEA-S pre supplementing with DHEA/pregnenolone was on the low 300s so not bad) I also lowered my HCG dosage so that should bring DHEA-S levels down.
What time do you guys take your DHEA? I take mine in the morning on an empty stomach and test 2 hours later. Wondering if the time between taking it and testing will change the results significantly.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've always taken DHEA after a meal, I've never thought of timing. I did try DHEA before bed, for a few weeks but I believe it was causing me to get a bad night of sleep.

captain

I seem to recall I was informed not to take DHEA on lab day. If your taking it on lab day maybe that's why it's through the roof. I been using Empower DHEA sublingual Troche and can see the veins in my arms are larger for 2-3hrs after taking them. I haven't done labs to check and see what they are doing yet. I was using Nutricology and it wasn't showing much difference in labs.

Vince

Super Moderator
I seem to recall I was informed not to take DHEA on lab day. If your taking it on lab day maybe that's why it's through the roof. I been using Empower DHEA sublingual Troche and can see the veins in my arms are larger for 2-3hrs after taking them. I haven't done labs to check and see what they are doing yet. I was using Nutricology and it wasn't showing much difference in labs.
I always fast at least 12 hours before all labs, so there's no way I could supplement with anything for at least 12 hours plus.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching