TRT: Not the Results I'd Hoped For

Buy Lab Tests Online

notsure

I’ll try to be brief but I am covering a lot. Not sure about treatment results and side effects. Before starting TRT I had T levels in the 220 ng/dL. I was feeling tired, had night sweats, and could not lose weight. Not being able to lose weight was/is consuming a lot of my mental health. I am about 35 lbs overweight (body fat is about 28%).

Anyways, after debating and educating myself on TRT I started about a year ago. My current T levels just before my shot are around 750 ng/dL. My treatment is the following twice a week; T injections of 60 mg, 50 units of HCG and 0.3mg pill of Anastrozole.
I’ll post lab results below, but here is where I’m at with TRT. I’m not sure I’m seeing any benefits other than I don’t have night sweats anymore. My energy levels are about the same (really low) and I have not been able to lose weight. Erections are about the same and what I think is normal for a 45 yr old male; i.e. they are not as strong as in my 20’s and in all honesty penis does not seem as full as it was in my 20’s but I’m guessing this is normal aging process.

Now, the side effects are real: My blood pressure has gone up about 10-15%, my red cell count is on the high side even though I am donating blood every three months (almost was not able to donate last time because if how high it was and lady said during donation my blood was thick). I also have these bumps/pimples on my shoulders, sometimes massive like if it was an insect bite with an allergy reaction. I also seem more emotional these days, easy to cry especially if I think of something bad related to my kids.

My latest blood work also shows almost no LH and FSH (0.1 and 0.2) , high creatine and high potassium which apparently might have something to do with kidneys (although I doubt it since numbers are just slightly over)..

So I’m concerned and questioning the value of the treatment. I’ll be making an appointment with the DR to see what adjustments need to be made but wanted opinions / experiences from the community. Below are my results.

L1.jpg

L2.jpg

L3.jpg

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Too much Anastrozole, E is too low @ 13. Why are you taking this? Previous tests with symptoms showed your E was high? I ask because Anastrozole is much too often included for guys that may not even need it, you might be one of those guys.

Also yes Creatinine = kidneys...make sure that you are fasted 8-10-12hrs, water only, before these tests, and if you're active in the gym you should refrain for a couple or three days as gym/weights can skew the creatinine test.If you did these things and creatinine is still high I would repeat the test to verify.

RBC/HCT/HGB are all the cost of admission in TRT, your HCT is not high, you do have quite a few platelets though, you might consider if you're eligible to donate just platelets otherwise keep donating whole blood and make sure that you're well hydrated.

CoastWatcher

There's no need to test for LH and FSH once TRT has been initiated, both values are supressed, it's perfectly normal. In regard to estradiol, have your previous follow-up labs shown it to be sitting so low?

notsure

Too much Anastrozole, E is too low @ 13. Why are you taking this? Previous tests with symptoms showed your E was high? I ask because Anastrozole is much too often included for guys that may not even need it, you might be one of those guys.

Also yes Creatinine = kidneys...make sure that you are fasted 8-10-12hrs, water only, before these tests, and if you're active in the gym you should refrain for a couple or three days as gym/weights can skew the creatinine test.If you did these things and creatinine is still high I would repeat the test to verify.

RBC/HCT/HGB are all the cost of admission in TRT, your HCT is not high, you do have quite a few platelets though, you might consider if you're eligible to donate just platelets otherwise keep donating whole blood and make sure that you're well hydrated.

My initial Estradiol was around 15. After three months of TRT it skyrocketed to 51 and that is when I started the AI. Also adjusted T down. Because of all of the sypmtoms I've also lowered my T dose again to what I described in the initial post.

Is the blood pressure going up 10 to 15% also considered normal?

If you r Dr is running you up on this AI and down on T he's really not a Dr you want to keep associating yourself, hence your frustration with the therapy. So what negative symptoms at 51 or treatment of the number alone? Another sign of poor care is as CoastWatcher stated about LH/FSH.

Hypertension is a side of TRT if you've addressed what other causes it could be. You haven't stated what your BP actually is saying it's up 10-15% isn't saying much at all.

Vince

Super Moderator
I would have to agree with Vince Carter. I would think you would feel better and be healthier with estradiol levels at 51 then 13.

ScottM

Sounds like the all too familiar theme of chasing numbers and using "cookie cutter protocols" instead of treating the whole and unique patient. Low estradiol combined with the high DHEA could be behind several of the symptoms. You might want to ask your doctor what his thoughts are on either titrating the T up or the AI down. Also to clarify you're taking 120mg of tesosterone weekly and 0.6mg of the AI?

-Scott
Telthera

If you r Dr is running you up on this AI and down on T he's really not a Dr you want to keep associating yourself, hence your frustration with the therapy. So what negative symptoms at 51 or treatment of the number alone? Another sign of poor care is as CoastWatcher stated about LH/FSH.

Hypertension is a side of TRT if you've addressed what other causes it could be. You haven't stated what your BP actually is saying it's up 10-15% isn't saying much at all.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching