8 weeks into treatment.... T levels same as before treatment...triglycerides elevated

Buy Lab Tests Online

Elnico50

Hi all

New to the site, new to TRT.

I got my T levels checked earlier in the year at a Low T clinic and the levels came back at 157. Not wanting to pay weekly visits to a clinic, I decided to see my primary care physician and have my labs done.... test levels came in at 303.

I started trt, and have been injecting 100mg of cyponiate once a week for 8 weeks. Have noticed some improvements in mood, morning erections, mental focus .... but still feel like the benefits described by some are yet to occur.

I had my labs taken yesterday, and my test levels are the same as before starting treatment - actually 3 points lower at 300. The blood test was drawn a day after my weekly injection.

I've posted my initial lab results, will be picking up the latest results today and will post them as soon as I have them.

Also, apparently my triglyceride levels are elevated.... and I was told this could be fixed with "diet and exercise". I already spend 2 hours in the gym 4-5 times a week and follow a diet plan recommended by my trainer.

Anyway, my main question is, can I expect my test levels to rise ? Is it a possibility that my body could take this long to adapt to the treatment? Seeing as the initial clinic results were 157, then my second results from my PCP were 303 (both results before starting trt).... that my levels could fluctuate this much? Should I continue the 100mg a week for another 2-3 months and see where I'm at by then?

Blood Results 03272017-1.jpgBlood Results 03272017-2.jpgBlood Results 03272017-3.jpg

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hi all

New to the site, new to TRT.

I got my T levels checked earlier in the year at a Low T clinic and the levels came back at 157. Not wanting to pay weekly visits to a clinic, I decided to see my primary care physician and have my labs done.... test levels came in at 303.

I started trt, and have been injecting 100mg of cyponiate once a week for 8 weeks. Have noticed some improvements in mood, morning erections, mental focus .... but still feel like the benefits described by some are yet to occur.

I had my labs taken yesterday, and my test levels are the same as before starting treatment - actually 3 points lower at 300. The blood test was drawn a day after my weekly injection.

I've posted my initial lab results, will be picking up the latest results today and will post them as soon as I have them.

Also, apparently my triglyceride levels are elevated.... and I was told this could be fixed with "diet and exercise". I already spend 2 hours in the gym 4-5 times a week and follow a diet plan recommended by my trainer.

Anyway, my main question is, can I expect my test levels to rise ? Is it a possibility that my body could take this long to adapt to the treatment? Seeing as the initial clinic results were 157, then my second results from my PCP were 303 (both results before starting trt).... that my levels could fluctuate this much? Should I continue the 100mg a week for another 2-3 months and see where I'm at by then?

View attachment 3692View attachment 3693View attachment 3694

What did your doctor say about your SHBG level???? It's absurdly low. You can continue on your current protocol for years and you'd be unlikely to see any real improvement. You're simply clearing testosterone too quickly. A once a week protocol is a ticket to failure given where your SHBG sits. At the very least you should break it into 50mg injected every 3.5 days. Wait at least four weeks and see where things are. Frequent, smaller injections of testosterone lead to success time after time...particularly when SHBG is at the bottom of the scale. How much HCG are you injecting, and how often? You're monitoring, or, at least, planning to monitor estradiol with the sensitive (LC, MS/MS) lab test?

Elnico50

Coastwatcher - no HCG, and haven't been monitoring estradiol. This is all new to me.... I noticed the SHBG was low but wasn't sure what that meant. As mentioned, all this is new, trying to find my way and work it out. Picking up latest labs today, will be curious to see what the SHBG is once I do

There's really no way possible you can inject 100mg and the next day pull a 303. What detail have you left out? Re-visit what you posted and check it for accuracy/facts.

CoastWatcher

Coastwatcher - no HCG, and haven't been monitoring estradiol. This is all new to me.... I noticed the SHBG was low but wasn't sure what that meant. As mentioned, all this is new, trying to find my way and work it out. Picking up latest labs today, will be curious to see what the SHBG is once I do

Your protocol is a treadmill. You'll faithfully follow it - and get nowhere. SHBG is a critical element in protocol design: it's a key variable that determines how much and how often testosterone should be administered. Mine is low, though not as low as yours, and it certainly can be dealt with. It's disturbing when a doctor fails to factor it into the equation. Estradiol monitoring is just as important (and often mishandled), while HCG is a necessary adjunctive (testicular vitality and upstream hormone support).

Elnico50

There's really no way possible you can inject 100mg and the next day pull a 303. What detail have you left out? Re-visit what you posted and check it for accuracy/facts.

Sorry for any confusion - here's a timeline:

Mid march - labs at Low T clinic - total test 157
March 27 - labs by primary care physician - total test 303
May 30 - labs by primary care physician after 8 weeks - total test 300.13

And yes, this was a day after I injected 100mg cypionate

Elnico50

The frustrating part of all of this is my doctor has looked at these results and concluded I'm fine.... I live in Nashville TN , hoping I can find a doctor who's more knowleadgable and who can help me navigate all of this.

In the meantime, the replies and insights are are much appreciated

CoastWatcher

The frustrating part of all of this is my doctor has looked at these results and concluded I'm fine.... I live in Nashville TN , hoping I can find a doctor who's more knowleadgable and who can help me navigate all of this.

In the meantime, the replies and insights are are much appreciated

Defy Medical and Prime Body, both site sponsors, can provide excellent care. It will cost you some money, there is no question of that, but it may not be as expensive as you fear it might be...after all, how much is your health worth? At least do two things: contact both Defy Medical and Prime Body. They have different delivery models, Defy Medical is a national, tele-health practice while Prime Body is a network of physicians. Dr. Justin Saya, Defy's medical director, is a fine fellow, a moderator here at EM (plug his name into the search box - "Saya" - and read some of his contributions), and one of the leading physicians in the field of androgen management. Their model works for lots and lots of our members and others. Prime Body should also be researched; they are a leading group of doctors. Call them and ask blunt questions. I promise they won't dodge you. Perhaps you can find good local care in Nashville, that would be great. But you need far better attention than you've received.

Camposyka

I also have very low SHBG. It was 10 I think. I went with Defy after my urologist started me on 400mg every 4 weeks. Defy recommended 22mg of test daily because of the low SHBG and high conversion to E2. I plan on using a 29g 1/2" insulin needle injected sub Q. Good luck to you.

Elnico50

Will look forward to seeing your results - have you posted a thread on here?

I also have very low SHBG. It was 10 I think. I went with Defy after my urologist started me on 400mg every 4 weeks. Defy recommended 22mg of test daily because of the low SHBG and high conversion to E2. I plan on using a 29g 1/2" insulin needle injected sub Q. Good luck to you.

Elnico50

Vince, this has me wondering - how is this possible? But this is what has happened.

I injected 100mg into my right glute Monday morning, then had the labs drawn the next day... Tuesday morning.

I used a 23g 1.5 inch needle, and pushed the needle in nearly all the way.

Maybe I injected into fat and not into muscle? Angle was wrong ?

As per suggestions here I'm going to switch to injecting 3x a week with a smaller needle, shallow IM rotating my quads and shoulders

Elnico50

So..... this is embarrassing and I feel really stupid but I worked out why my levels were only 300 the day after I thought I had injected - key phrase here "thought I had injected"

I've been using 23g 1.5" needles, and when I went to inject this Monday morning, I had the thing pressed against my buttcheek and could feel the prick but when I checked to see how much of the needle had gone in, the answer was .... none of it. I remember last week not feeling the needle slide out like it normally does when I was done injecting, and so the test would have just drizzled down my ass.

So this week I wasn't such a ***** and made sure the needle was in.... I feel a little better, and have now switched to using a 29g needle EOD, 13cc/26mg which will add up to roughly 400mg a month

From doing some reading, it seems I may be a hypermetabolizer.....my T levels being 300 a week after a 100mg injection... if I don't feel my symptoms improving after another 3-4 weeks I will go about increasing my dose.... and ask my doc about HCG and AI etc. I have a feeling I may need a referral, there is apparently a very clued in endo here in Nashville who is highly recommended.

Elnico50

Coastwatcher and VC - I see from some of your other posts you both have lower SHBG, and you have found daily or EOD injections have brought you good results.

What dose are you injecting? If at 100mg , I'm not feeling the symptom improvements, in your opinion what effect might a higher dose have?

CoastWatcher

Coastwatcher and VC - I see from some of your other posts you both have lower SHBG, and you have found daily or EOD injections have brought you good results.

What dose are you injecting? If at 100mg , I'm not feeling the symptom improvements, in your opinion what effect might a higher dose have?

I've injected 16mg if testosterone enanthate every day for over two years. This overcame the challenges of low SHBG, clearing testosterone quickly, as well as the tendency for my estradiol to float upward.

If your SHBG is low a "larger dose" may not be in your best interests. More frequent injections, of smaller amounts of testosterone, typically work to someone's advantage in that situation.

Elnico50

I've injected 16mg if testosterone enanthate every day for over two years. This overcame the challenges of low SHBG, clearing testosterone quickly, as well as the tendency for my estradiol to float upward.

If your SHBG is low a "larger dose" may not be in your best interests. More frequent injections, of smaller amounts of testosterone, typically work to someone's advantage in that situation.

Gotcha..... well, doctor has prescribed increased dose (150mg a week) , broken up into EOD injections of 44 mg and will be drawing labs in 4 weeks. Will also be looking at AI and HCG. To my doc's credit , he was happy to say he didnt know enough about hormone therapy to start combining AI's and hcg so may refer me to an endocrinolgist if necessary. If the test dose is too high I will bring it back down . I care more abour symptoms and how Im feeling than numbers so will see how I go on this dose. Coastwatcher, if you dont mind me asking do you take an AI and or hCG? If so what doses and frequency?

Elnico50

New labs , drawn last week after upping dose to 44mg EOD.

Symptom wise, feeling lots of improvement, mentally, libido and motivation are all positive. Feeling sleepy, but not tired as strange as that sounds. Have gained weight, and am over 200 lbs for the first time in my life but much of this is a good amount of muscle.

Estradiol came in high, as expected. Am going to discounted labs to take the sensitive test, but I expect an AI will be in my future.

SHBG is still low

Blood Results 08012017.jpgBlood Results 08012017 b.jpg

CoastWatcher

When are you drawing blood? Unless you are specifically testing to determine peak levels, and that's rarely necessary, the standard draw is just prior to an injection so you capture your trough level.

Elnico50

When are you drawing blood? Unless you are specifically testing to determine peak levels, and that's rarely necessary, the standard draw is just prior to an injection so you capture your trough level.

Should have mentioned this - as I inject EOD, blood was drawn on non injection day

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me