28 Male with thyroid and low T , need advice

Buy Lab Tests Online

AntCon

Hi all. I'm a 28 year old male and fairly new to these forums. I however have been doing some research and noseying around here and feel I have a a lot of the symptoms people have on here and some.

Random sometimes constant Fatigue / lethargy
Really low libido or sexual drive ( rarely care to have sex or desire to)
Depression
Anxiety
Suffer from derealization
Feel weak
Always tired and out of it
No motivation (loss most interest in doing most things that I used to love doing)
Brain fog
Poor brain function

With no help from my PCP in regards to my health or diagnosing the reason for my symptoms, I started to see an ND.. (this is about 1 1/2 months ago) He found through bloodwork , which I'll post below, that I was a little hypo thyroid and had some very low testosterone levels. He started me on 1/2 grain NatureThroid (currently taking- with no improvements in symptoms) and wanted me to start taking some natural Testosterone meds. Right then I knew I had to start researching. I knew I couldn't just start taking all these meds and hope for the best, it seemed too easy and didn't seem the right way. Which I'm glad I started researching.

So anyways I'm now here - looking for advice and hopefully maybe if anyone who suffers from both Low T and Thyroid issues can point me in the right direction for help.

My Testosterone total was 281 on a range of 250 -1100 ng/dl and Free Testosterone was 57.3 on a range of 35.0 - 155.0 ng/dl (these are from quest diagnostics..

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ScottM

You sir need a consult from a MD who specializes in this, if not with us than at least someone. At 28 I am surprised they didn't look at your LH response to GnRH, or do an FSH/LH, did they mention those to you at any point? Did they put you on Vitamin D? So. Many. Questions.

-Scott
Telthera

CoastWatcher

In addition to the questions posed by ScottM, have you ever been assessed for apnea, how is your sleep? What about prolactin, DHT, DHEA, estradiol/sensitive?

Can we help you with a referral to a doctor who really knows how the game ought to be played?

AntCon

You sir need a consult from a MD who specializes in this, if not with us than at least someone. At 28 I am surprised they didn't look at your LH response to GnRH, or do an FSH/LH, did they mention those to you at any point? Did they put you on Vitamin D? So. Many. Questions.

-Scott
Telthera

Yea those are the only labs and tests they have done on me. My PCP did a lot of blood work but told me everything was just fine. Which I know isn't because of how I feel every day.

My ND did out me on a Vitamin D3 10,000 w/ K2 and a stress B complex.

In addition to the questions posed by ScottM, have you ever been assessed for apnea, how is your sleep? What about prolactin, DHT, DHEA, estradiol/sensitive?

Can we help you with a referral to a doctor who really knows how the game ought to be played?

I have not been tested for sleep apnea. But somedays I do admit I don't get good sleep. Partially I blame it on my son who sleeps w us and kicks all through night lol and another part I blame on allergies.

Never had any of the other labs you mentioned either.

Yessss please. You and Scott are both right. I'll definitely take recommendations on some Drs that can help me out.. and any other advice . I'm all ears

--Also , Sorry if posts are pretty long. Let me know and I'll keep it short

CoastWatcher

Also I know my Testosterone was significantly low, how do you all feel about my free testosterone?

Was your SHBG tested? That's going to shed a lot of light on your free testosterone values (which could be better). Are you willing to consult a doctor that is not an in-network provider? We can offer some suggestions, that are well regarded, if that's the case.

AntCon

Was your SHBG tested? That's going to shed a lot of light on your free testosterone values (which could be better). Are you willing to consult a doctor that is not an in-network provider? We can offer some suggestions, that are well regarded, if that's the case.

No unfortunately that wasn't tested either. It's amazing , when you actually get really unhealthy you come to realize how much a lot of doctors don't know and aren't taught.

Yes I'm most definitely willing to find a new doctor. That's another reason why I'm here ;]

Thanks

CoastWatcher

No unfortunately that wasn't tested either. It's amazing , when you actually get really unhealthy you come to realize how much a lot of doctors don't know and aren't taught.

Yes I'm most definitely willing to find a new doctor. That's another reason why I'm here ;]

Thanks

Sadly, you aren't unique. Falling into the hands of the medically ignorant has happened to most of us. I was initially referred to an endocrinologist who holds an endowed chair at one of the medical schools here in the Canadian city in which I live. A complete waste of time on my part.

The site has two sponsors that I can recommend in complete good faith (as I noted, I'm a Canadian, not a patient of either practice, so no vested interest on my part). Defy Medical and Prime Body have different models of care delivery, but both are highly regarded here, serving many of our members. First, Defy. It's a national, tele-health practice. They can provide treatment no matter where you live in the United States. Plug their medical director's name, "Justin Saya," into the search box here on the Forum and read some of his contributions. He's an active moderator here at Excel Male, a nice guy, and one of the leading physicians in this field. Prime Body is a network of physicians, contact them for Nashville location. Visit the websites of each organization and then call them both. Ask the hard questions about price and service. They won't dodge. You deserve good care. Don't go in circles any longer.

AntCon

Sadly, you aren't unique. Falling into the hands of the medically ignorant has happened to most of us. I was initially referred to an endocrinologist who holds an endowed chair at one of the medical schools here in the Canadian city in which I live. A complete waste of time on my part.

The site has two sponsors that I can recommend in complete good faith (as I noted, I'm a Canadian, not a patient of either practice, so no vested interest on my part). Defy Medical and Prime Body have different models of care delivery, but both are highly regarded here, serving many of our members. First, Defy. It's a national, tele-health practice. They can provide treatment no matter where you live in the United States. Plug their medical director's name, "Justin Saya," into the search box here on the Forum and read some of his contributions. He's an active moderator here at Excel Male, a nice guy, and one of the leading physicians in this field. Prime Body is a network of physicians, contact them for Nashville location. Visit the websites of each organization and then call them both. Ask the hard questions about price and service. They won't dodge. You deserve good care. Don't go in circles any longer.

Yea it really does suck.. I've been feeling like I do for almost 2 years now , and the days aren't looking any brighter with my current PCPs.

I actually talked to someone the other day about Primebody and unfortunately they mainly only specialize in TRT (as I need someone who knows about thyroid and such), well atleast that's what I got from the questions I asked. I have been seeing the name Justin Saya on here and Defy . I will definitely take a look into them. Is there a forum / thread on here already that you know of where I can see some some FAQs on them ?

Thanks again

CoastWatcher

Yea it really does suck.. I've been feeling like I do for almost 2 years now , and the days aren't looking any brighter with my current PCPs.

I actually talked to someone the other day about Primebody and unfortunately they mainly only specialize in TRT (as I need someone who knows about thyroid and such), well atleast that's what I got from the questions I asked. I have been seeing the name Justin Saya on here and Defy . I will definitely take a look into them. Is there a forum / thread on here already that you know of where I can see some some FAQs on them ?

Thanks again

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?5120-Defy-Medical-Reviews

Pay particular attention to posts 20, 21, and 22. I'd also still search and read some of Dr. Saya's posts to get a flavor of his style. And call them, with the hard questions.

AntCon

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?5120-Defy-Medical-Reviews

Pay particular attention to posts 20, 21, and 22. I'd also still search and read some of Dr. Saya's posts to get a flavor of his style. And call them, with the hard questions.

Awesome sounds good. Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate your time. It feels good to know that there are people out there who are somewhat in the same boat as me or have been, and getting some quality help and advice.

CoastWatcher

Awesome sounds good. Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate your time. It feels good to know that there are people out there who are somewhat in the same boat as me or have been, and getting some quality help and advice.
You aren't alone. It is possible to obtain quality medical care. Let us know how things unfold.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me