Example of Canadian vs USA lab tests

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ardoc

I was travelling to the USA and planned to get the sensitive Estradiol test through Discounted Labs/Labcorp as it is not available in Canada. I though it would be a good opportunity to compare the results between Labcorp and Life Labs (Canadian). So while I was at it I also got TT, FT and SHBG (which I suspected was low after my recent results).

The tests were done 1 week apart.
The first was the Canadian test at 20 hrs post injection.
The second was the US Tabcorp at 31 hrs post inject.
I realize it isn't perfect timing but it was the closest I could get. At E2D I didn't think timing would be too bad?

I would also appreciate any input on the overall results.

Protocol;
56mg Test E. @ E2D Total/wk = 196mg
160iu HCG @ 2x/wk Total/wk = 320iu

Based on the results below I plan to split the same Test E. dose and inject daily

THYROID FUNCTION ---------RESULT ----------RANGE
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone ----1.32----------0.32 - 4.00 mIU/L
Thyroxine Free [Free T4] -----------14--------------9 - 19 pmol/L
Triiodothyronine Free [Free T3] --4.0------------3.1 - 6.2 pmol/L
Thyroglobulin Antibody --------------15 ------------< 40 kIU/L
Thyroperoxidase Antibody ----------15 ------------< 35 kIU/L
Reverse T3 ----------------------------28 HI ----------8 - 25 ng/dl

HORMONAL ------RESULT-----RANGE ------CONV. RES.--CONV. RANGE----US RES.--US RANGE
Testosterone, Total --27.2-------8.4 - 28.8 nmol/L----783.9 --------242 - 830 ng/dl ------878 ------348 - 1197 ng/dl
Testosterone, Free --874 HI ---179 - 475 pmol/L ---252 HI ------51.6 - 137 pg/ml ---24.5 HI ----7.2 - 24.0 pg/ml
SHBG ---------------14.4 LO ------19 - 76 nmol/L ---SAME ----------SAME ----------11.5 LO --19.3 - 76.4 nmol/l
Estradiol ---------------87 ------------< 162 pmol/L -----23.7 --------< 44.1 pg/ml -------38.2 HI ----8.0 - 35.0 pg/ml
DHT -----------------6124 HI ---860-3406 pmol/L
Progesterone ----------0.6 ------------< 1.7 nmol/L
DHEA-S --------------6.4 -------------< 9.7 umol/L
Prolactin --------------8.8 -----------4.0 - 19.0 ug/L

Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I was travelling to the USA and planned to get the sensitive Estradiol test through Discounted Labs/Labcorp as it is not available in Canada. I though it would be a good opportunity to compare the results between Labcorp and Life Labs (Canadian). So while I was at it I also got TT, FT and SHBG (which I suspected was low after my recent results).

The tests were done 1 week apart.
The first was the Canadian test at 20 hrs post injection.
The second was the US Tabcorp at 31 hrs post inject.
I realize it isn't perfect timing but it was the closest I could get. At E2D I didn't think timing would be too bad?

I would also appreciate any input on the overall results.

Protocol;
56mg Test E. @ E2D Total/wk = 196mg
160iu HCG @ 2x/wk Total/wk = 320iu

Based on the results below I plan to split the same Test E. dose and inject daily

THYROID FUNCTION ---------RESULT ----------RANGE
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone ----1.32----------0.32 - 4.00 mIU/L
Thyroxine Free [Free T4] -----------14--------------9 - 19 pmol/L
Triiodothyronine Free [Free T3] --4.0------------3.1 - 6.2 pmol/L
Thyroglobulin Antibody --------------15 ------------< 40 kIU/L
Thyroperoxidase Antibody ----------15 ------------< 35 kIU/L
Reverse T3 ----------------------------28 HI ----------8 - 25 ng/dl

HORMONAL ------RESULT-----RANGE ------CONV. RES.--CONV. RANGE----US RES.--US RANGE
Testosterone, Total --27.2-------8.4 - 28.8 nmol/L----783.9 --------242 - 830 ng/dl ------878 ------348 - 1197 ng/dl
Testosterone, Free --874 HI ---179 - 475 pmol/L ---252 HI ------51.6 - 137 pg/ml ---24.5 HI ----7.2 - 24.0 pg/ml
SHBG ---------------14.4 LO ------19 - 76 nmol/L ---SAME ----------SAME ----------11.5 LO --19.3 - 76.4 nmol/l
Estradiol ---------------87 ------------< 162 pmol/L -----23.7 --------< 44.1 pg/ml -------38.2 HI ----8.0 - 35.0 pg/ml
DHT -----------------6124 HI ---860-3406 pmol/L
Progesterone ----------0.6 ------------< 1.7 nmol/L
DHEA-S --------------6.4 -------------< 9.7 umol/L
Prolactin --------------8.8 -----------4.0 - 19.0 ug/L

Thanks in advance for any input!

As has been mentioned in the past, and is confirmed again with your test results, Canada has some of the lowest commercial lab reference ranges in the western world when it comes to total testosterone. They were lowere within the past two, possibly three, years ago and my own doctor believes that had as much to do with "androgen anxiety" on the part of health authorities as it does with actual patient population/results.

Your SHBG certainly stands out. As is reasonably well known, I'm a beneficiary of daily injections for some of the same reasons you are moving toward them. They helped me overcome a lower SHBG value and maintain estradiol at a comfortable spot - I hope you do well with the new protocol.

Ardoc

Thank you CW! Your guidance and success on daily injections was what prompted my changing based on the above results.
If you don't mind, do you have any input about the thyroid results? From my understanding they seem good but i don't know what the high (albeit slightly over range) Reverse T3 means? and also if you feel the E2 needs attention?

As far as Canadian/daily Test E, CoastWatcher is the best person to come to!

Your E is not high, it's high on a test but not to many around here would call that "HI", and you haven't given any symptoms or problems the advice would be, to leave it be.

The RT3 being HI I would just retest that later in your next set of labs, the rest of your Thyroid numbers look good so it could just be a fluke/lab error, I just wouldn't make a conclusion on one test and want it verified. Also always (assuming you did not) be fasted 8-10-12hrs for your labs. info on RT3: https://www.verywell.com/the-role-of-reverse-t3-testing-in-thyroid-treatment-3233184

I

Ardoc

Thank you VC! My instinct was that the E2 was likely ok but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking it. Thank you for the info on Reverse T3 also!

CoastWatcher

Very good advice from Vince Carter on thyroid tests in isolation. As is known, an elevated rt3 *can* point to other issues (iron, cortisol, ferritin) that need to be addressed. However, do nothing without a repeat of all thyroid measures. In regard to estradiol, I'd not be surprised to see it slide down a bit when you adjust to your new protocol.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me