How does one consult with Dr. Saya if I am not in in the USA?

Buy Lab Tests Online

ratbag

I have a MD here who will Rx and currently he'll follow any decent advice I can dig up. So he's good in that sense but no where near what Saya, Crisler or Shippen is. I need to upgrade my care so I can get it working the way it should be and I sense by reading here that Dr. Saya does treat some patients who live out of town etc. I looked over his site but cannot find any mention of this. I tried the chat applet on Defy's site but no one responded. Is this possible? or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I have a MD here who will Rx and currently he'll follow any decent advice I can dig up. So he's good in that sense but no where near what Saya, Crisler or Shippen is. I need to upgrade my care so I can get it working the way it should be and I sense by reading here that Dr. Saya does treat some patients who live out of town etc. I looked over his site but cannot find any mention of this. I tried the chat applet on Defy's site but no one responded. Is this possible? or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Call Defy and explain you want an advice-only/international consultation. They will advise you from there.

I agree with CoastWatcher, Dr Saya is able to do advice only consultations, and maybe even work with your Dr in Canada. That would be a really fortunate position for you to be in.

ratbag

Ok great... I sensed that but it wasn't shown anywhere, so yeah I'll call them and see what can be done. I hope I can consult with Dr. Saya if possible.

Cheers

ratbag

I'm not sure if Nelson can help me. I'm hypopituitary and on all hormones for 10 years. I was very well 3 years ago. Then my ferritin tanked to 15 and this of course makes me hypothyroid. "Low ferritin=hypothyroidism" When I'm hypothyroid I get bad fibromyalgia. Sore cramping muscles and sore joints. I was in bad shape before I was started HRT and then I got very healthy and felt really good for a long time until my ferritin crashed.

I've taken many kinds of iron etc and all it does is raise my HCT and BP. So my MD put me on Losartan (thanks to posts on this from Nelson) and this fixed the BP so again I'm taking 81mg daily of Bluebonnet extra strength chelated Iron and my ferritin only gets to 70 at best. Once I got it to 90 and was just starting to feel better but had to stop to do labs and my ferritin crashed again. I assume my body no longer absorbs iron properly. Before TRT my ferritin was very high (like 300). I cut out all tea and milk and any minerals I used to take and I take no calcium so I'm unsure why this is occurring. I suspect I need to get my ferritin to 120 - 150 to feel normal again.

It would appear that injecting 40mg Test E3.5D somehow contributed to my ferritin crashing from the high number it was before. I do not know if there are anymore options for me or if Nelson can even help with this. I would gladly pay for his services if he could help me get back to where I was. I was thinking that perhaps if I switch to androgel, maybe this would help with iron absorbtion, but I don't know. My MD has no idea what to do but he is willing to try anything that's reasonable. Do iron injections help if you cannot absorb the caplets?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I no longer do consultations due to time restrictions.

When you say "on all hormones",what do you mean? Besides TRT, what else are you taking?

Do you have comprehensive blood work that includes CBC, CMP, TSH, free T3, free T4, Total and free T?

Are you donating blood frequently?

Do you have any possibility of internal bleeding due to ulcers, aspirin, etc?

ratbag

I'm currently taking:
Hydrocortisone 30mg daily
Florinef .05mg daily
Cytomel 25mcg daily
DHEA 50 mg daily
Progesterone cream daily
Synthyroid 200mcg daily
Losartan 50mg daily
Anastrozole 0.125mg daily
HCG 400 IU E3.5D
Testosterone Cypionate 40mg E3.5D
Low Dose Naltrexone 3mg daily
81mg Iron w/1000mg Vit C
Iodoral 12.5mg daily
Metformin 1000mg daily
Vit B12 500mcg daily
Vit D3 5000 IU daily (I am mid range)

I have all labs but not sure about CMP. No I do not donate blood anymore. My MD and hematologist say I do not have to. Last HCT was 58 but platelets are low. No internal bleeding that I know of. Stool is brown only becomes black when I take iron. No ulcers that I'm aware of and I do not take aspirin because my blood is so thin. Any injection causes me to bleed so I have to pinch the skin upon needle removal.

I sympathize with the iron issue, I/we have talked much about it ferritin in particular and donations and we tend to see like you that supplementing iron just aggravates the other issue of HCT/HGB. When I've supplemented I only got modest lab returns and didn't feel any thing of consequence, improvement wise.
As you mentioned it's a rather new and somewhat controversial topic of HCT and the number of platelets, it's a theory(?) that isn't quite accepted, at least not around this forum, but it has been discussed with some interesting points of view.

Vince

Super Moderator
No I do not donate blood anymore. My MD and hematologist say I do not have to. Last HCT was 58 but platelets are low. No internal bleeding that I know of. Stool is brown only becomes black when I take iron. No ulcers that I'm aware of and I do not take aspirin because my blood is so thin.

How low are your platelets.

ratbag

My hematologist says they are not high and that I do not have any polycemia concerns, that's what I meant. I still wonder why I can't poke myself with a syringe without having to pinch the skin to stop bleeding. Also being a type 2 diabetic if I draw blood from my finger to test my glucose it runs off my finger rather than form a bead of blood.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I'm currently taking:
Florinef .05mg daily
Cytomel 25mcg daily
DHEA 50 mg daily
Progesterone cream daily
Synthyroid 200mcg daily
Losartan 50mg daily
HCG 400 IU E3.5D
81mg Iron w/1000mg Vit C
Iodoral 12.5mg daily
Metformin 1000mg daily
Vit B12 500mcg daily

I have all labs but not sure about CMP. No I do not donate blood anymore. My MD and hematologist say I do not have to. Last HCT was 58 but platelets are low. No internal bleeding that I know of. Stool is brown only becomes black when I take iron. No ulcers that I'm aware of and I do not take aspirin because my blood is so thin. Any injection causes me to bleed so I have to pinch the skin upon needle removal.

Wow. You were not kidding when you said "all hormones"

We are just speculating here. I wish you could post your blood work for more information.

paralyzer

I'm currently taking:
Florinef .05mg daily
Cytomel 25mcg daily
DHEA 50 mg daily
Progesterone cream daily
Synthyroid 200mcg daily
Losartan 50mg daily
HCG 400 IU E3.5D
81mg Iron w/1000mg Vit C
Iodoral 12.5mg daily
Metformin 1000mg daily
Vit B12 500mcg daily

Keep an eye on the DHEA - it can convert into estrogen.

You're on progesterone as well? Would love to know more about why?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me