Tranferring / moving to Tucson, AZ

Buy Lab Tests Online
You never know who is reading this so here goes....

I have worked in live television news as a Broadcast Technician in Washington, DC for the last 20 years. 16 of the last 20 years as a full time employee of Voice of America - Television in Washington, DC. (Most Americans have never heard of VOA unless they have lived or have been stationed over seas. Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle-East are our targeted audience.)

I fully intend on working for the Federal Government until age 62. I am currently 51. Too much invested, too much to lose to change careers. Great benefits, retirement, healthcare, etc. I just need to figure a way to spend the remaining 11 years in Tucson, Arizona.!

Anyone a federal employee in Tucson, Arizona? What agencies are out there? Would love to tranfer to a Federal Job out there!

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
You're in for quiet a change, DC to Arizona...in just about everyway you can imagine, weather being the most obvious. I grew up in Vegas and had clsoe family in AZ, I really love the area. It's hot as F*** in the summer, Jul 16 I was out in Vegas checking on my parents and it was 119 degrees. Speaking Spanish if you don't already could be an advantage to learn, having grown up out there in the 70's and early 80's, when I go back now, it's remarkably browned in population.

You're in for quiet a change, DC to Arizona...in just about everyway you can imagine, weather being the most obvious. I grew up in Vegas and had clsoe family in AZ, I really love the area. It's hot as F*** in the summer, Jul 16 I was out in Vegas checking on my parents and it was 119 degrees. Speaking Spanish if you don't already could be an advantage to learn, having grown up out there in the 70's and early 80's, when I go back now, it's remarkably browned in population.

Washington DC has HORRIBLE summer weather. 90 plus degrees plus 90% relative humidity for days on end in June, July, August and half of September. I have long ago became comfortable with all types of people. Where I work we have approximately 47 different languages broadcast on a weekly basis. The attraction of Arizona is super cheap real estate and tax laws favorable to retired folk. I will have a much better quality of life with my F.E.R.S. retirement in Tucson. My significant other has family out there and property on the Sea of Cortez. Hopefully we escape to the beach during June, July and August. Unless I can transfer to a Federal Agency or Civilian Military Position out there I will remain in DC. Just got back from Tucson last week.

geezerjude - did you ever make it to Tucson? I'm up in Phoenix.
Unfortunately not. All the Full-Time, Federal Government Jobs are for Border Patrol, I am too old, Indian Reservation Medical staff, not my area of expertise, and aircraft engineer positions at Davis Air Force Base. I work as a Broadcast Technician in Washington, DC. For the Federal Government. Too much time invested to quit Federal Employment. Will stay in DC 10 more years, retire, then relocate to Tucson.

Sounds like you got it worked out. Best of luck.
I was pleasantly surprised that Federal Pay was only $9,000 dollars a year less than what GS 12 pays in Washington DC.
Tucson real estate prices are almost 100% less expensive than Washington DC real estate prices.
I have an ongoing job search with USAjobs.gov. If I find a GS-12 job in Tucson it would be less money BUT my quality of life due to cost of living decrease would be substantially improved. I keep my fingers crossed.

As far as retiring to Arizona well that secret has been out for years. Arizona, along wit a few other warm weather states, have tax advantages favorable to retirees.

To be clear, Arizona is moderately tax friendly to retirees. They will tax my 401K income, my IRA income, and my Federal pension income.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me