BiggerGuy156 - Should I Be On TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

BiggerGuy156

My user name is actually a misnomer. in reality I want to be a smaller guy. I am here to learn about Testosterone use. I have a friend that has used it for years. He is 73 and does not look it. I am 63. He is toned and since starting on Testosterone therapy he has not had a single sick day. He had a hip replacement and because of his testosterone therapy his recovery was remarkably fast. He never even had to use a walker. did use a cane for a short while. The doctor was amazed but he did tell him before the surgery he was on Testosterone therapy.

He keeps telling me that it could be of some help in my losing weight. I am trying the traditional methods of watching (better) what I eat and trying to do some exercising. I am doing some yoga but am not consistant with it yet. I have a bad back (arthritis) and it makes it difficult to do very much but I try.

I would like to hear stories about your members experiences with Testosterone therapy good and bad and about injecting. Not so sure I would be able to inject at first but I do know from what research I have done that the injectable Testosterone is the best. I have looked at some videos on how to.

Something about my stats. I am 63, 6 feet tall and weight somewhere in the neighborhood of 400-415 lbs. Want to lose weight. I know it will help with my back problem. As I said I have arthritis in there. Got it from my mother. I take Naproxin twice a day for the pain.

So I would like to hear from members.

BiggerGuy156

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

My user name is actually a misnomer. in reality I want to be a smaller guy. I am here to learn about Testosterone use. I have a friend that has used it for years. He is 73 and does not look it. I am 63. He is toned and since starting on Testosterone therapy he has not had a single sick day. He had a hip replacement and because of his testosterone therapy his recovery was remarkably fast. He never even had to use a walker. did use a cane for a short while. The doctor was amazed but he did tell him before the surgery he was on Testosterone therapy.

He keeps telling me that it could be of some help in my losing weight. I am trying the traditional methods of watching (better) what I eat and trying to do some exercising. I am doing some yoga but am not consistant with it yet. I have a bad back (arthritis) and it makes it difficult to do very much but I try.

I would like to hear stories about your members experiences with Testosterone therapy good and bad and about injecting. Not so sure I would be able to inject at first but I do know from what research I have done that the injectable Testosterone is the best. I have looked at some videos on how to.

Something about my stats. I am 63, 6 feet tall and weight somewhere in the neighborhood of 400-415 lbs. Want to lose weight. I know it will help with my back problem. As I said I have arthritis in there. Got it from my mother. I take Naproxin twice a day for the pain.

So I would like to hear from members.

BiggerGuy156

We're happy you joined us here at EM, but I must say, exogenous testosterone isn't used as you have described. Have you had your hormonal levels checked? At a minimum: total and free testosterone, LH, FSH, estradiol/sensitive, and a full thyroid panel? In other words...do you NEED to be following a TRT protocol?

Matt Leiser

Welcome. I to am a bigger guy. I topped off a few months ago at 339 carrying the majority of my weight around my waist. As of this last Dr visit I'm down to 306. Like Vince I follow a low carb high fat diet but heavy on vegetation (green leafy kind). Following that diet has helped me re-establish that feeling of hunger and satiety. The first few days are rough but I pretty much have eliminated my cravings for sugar. I am just one of those people that does not handle carbohydrates well.

As for workouts, my knees are shot and my back is bad. I have found working with a chiropractor has helped me regain most of my movement. I keep to lifting weights, walking and swimming. Running and biking are out as I just don't have the range of motion and my joints can't take the pounding.

I dont believe that trt is the only factor for weight loss. It is just one of many factors for me that I needed to correct (insulin resistance, vit. D deficiency, low t, high E, low DHEA). I have been on trt for over two years and it wasn't until I started reading on this forum a few months ago did I realize that I may have been normalized but not optimized. I am working toward that now.

If you have any labs please post them. These guys are excellent at picking apart labs and pointing you in the right direction for possible discussions with your dr around a whole array of possible issues outside of low t (I.e. metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, thyroid issues, electrolyte imbalance, adrenal fatigue etc...). I wish you the best of luck.

BiggerGuy156

We're happy you joined us here at EM, but I must say, exogenous testosterone isn't used as you have described. Have you had your hormonal levels checked? At a minimum: total and free testosterone, LH, FSH, estradiol/sensitive, and a full thyroid panel? In other words...do you NEED to be following a TRT protocol?

I have not gone on Testerone Therapy but am asking around and researching and exploring. My roommate who is on it keeps telling me it would help in my weight loss and general toning of my body.

BiggerGuy156

BiggerGuy156

Welcome. I to am a bigger guy. I topped off a few months ago at 339 carrying the majority of my weight around my waist. As of this last Dr visit I'm down to 306. Like Vince I follow a low carb high fat diet but heavy on vegetation (green leafy kind). Following that diet has helped me re-establish that feeling of hunger and satiety. The first few days are rough but I pretty much have eliminated my cravings for sugar. I am just one of those people that does not handle carbohydrates well.

As for workouts, my knees are shot and my back is bad. I have found working with a chiropractor has helped me regain most of my movement. I keep to lifting weights, walking and swimming. Running and biking are out as I just don't have the range of motion and my joints can't take the pounding.

I dont believe that trt is the only factor for weight loss. It is just one of many factors for me that I needed to correct (insulin resistance, vit. D deficiency, low t, high E, low DHEA). I have been on trt for over two years and it wasn't until I started reading on this forum a few months ago did I realize that I may have been normalized but not optimized. I am working toward that now.

If you have any labs please post them. These guys are excellent at picking apart labs and pointing you in the right direction for possible discussions with your dr around a whole array of possible issues outside of low t (I.e. metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, thyroid issues, electrolyte imbalance, adrenal fatigue etc...). I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks. Am still exploring not doing anything with Testosterone yet. Would never try and use just it for weight loss. Need to eat better and get back to doing my Yoga. My lower back is bad. Got arthritis in it. My Mom had it in her back I guess I got it from her. My knees are bad as well. Can't walk very far because of knees and back. Thank you for your input. Once I do decide and consult with my doctor I have to decide where to get it from. Lots of places here in Canada I can order form once I get a doctors prescription.

CoastWatcher

I have not gone on Testerone Therapy but am asking around and researching and exploring. My roommate who is on it keeps telling me it would help in my weight loss and general toning of my body.

BiggerGuy156
So, you have undertaken no lab work to determine where your current testosterone level sits? Have you considered the impact that exogenous testosterone will have on your body? I ask because there are multiple effects, all of which have to be monitored.

BiggerGuy156

Should I be on TRT?

So, you have undertaken no lab work to determine where your current testosterone level sits? Have you considered the impact that exogenous testosterone will have on your body? I ask because there are multiple effects, all of which have to be monitored.

I am not going to touch the stuff until I have all info I can get and talk to my Doctor about it. I am just trying to educate myself in the world of TRT. This is why I am asking questions here.

BiggerGuy156

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching