Dr. Calkins at Defy Medical

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
I have not seen much about Dr. Calkins and seeing as how he is still fairly new, I thought that I would post about my experience with him. I was in Tampa this week on business and was able to time a followup consult while I was down there and go to Defy in person. It is a nice place.

Dr. Calkins is just a little older than I am and I'm not yet 40. We talked for about an hour over my lab results and protocol changes. There was a lot to go over because I had results back from 16 or 17 tests, but we moved through them at a good pace. He didn't know who I was or that I knew anything about TRT so he explained everything in simple enough terms for someone new TRT to be able to understand.

I make it a point in between consults to keep a list and notes of how I'm feeling and any potential protocol changes that I want to talk about so that they are ready to go for my next consult. He actually covered most of them in his explanations just like Dr. Saya does. We get to the Testosterone and I am not really a simple case when it comes to that. He said he would hate to have me have to inject BID so let's try supplementing injections with daily cream first to not only boost T but also raise my DHT back up which is pretty low.

He looked me in the eye, smiled as he spoke and didn't hesitate or stumble over anything, so he knows exactly what he is talking about. I highly recommend him.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I have not seen much about Dr. Calkins and seeing as how he is still fairly new, I thought that I would post about my experience with him. I was in Tampa this week on business and was able to time a followup consult while I was down there and go to Defy in person. It is a nice place.

Dr. Calkins is just a little older than I am and I'm not yet 40. We talked for about an hour over my lab results and protocol changes. There was a lot to go over because I had results back from 16 or 17 tests, but we moved through them at a good pace. He didn't know who I was or that I knew anything about TRT so he explained everything in simple enough terms for someone new TRT to be able to understand.

I make it a point in between consults to keep a list and notes of how I'm feeling and any potential protocol changes that I want to talk about so that they are ready to go for my next consult. He actually covered most of them in his explanations just like Dr. Saya does. We get to the Testosterone and I am not really a simple case when it comes to that. He said he would hate to have me have to inject BID so let's try supplementing injections with daily cream first to not only boost T but also raise my DHT back up which is pretty low.

He looked me in the eye, smiled as he spoke and didn't hesitate or stumble over anything, so he knows exactly what he is talking about. I highly recommend him.

Very happy you had a good experience with Dr Calkins, Jason.

I've trained and educated many providers from residency and onward...and can always tell when a provider has a genuine interest in the subject and truly healing/helping patients, which Dr Calkins does with wellness care and hormone treatments. In fact, in my humble opinion that is the single best attribute and predictor of success a provider can demonstrate.

Our nurse, Jill, and physician assistant, Melissa, also share these attributes. It is part of the culture we are building. Dr Calkins will appreciate the review.

Supraman

I would also like to add that I just had a consult with Dr Calkins today. He is fantastic and explains everything very well so you feel assured you understand everything and the why behind things. I 'feel' in great care now and it definitely relieves a lot of my anxiety that the process is now beginning of trying things to improve. His knowledge and literally going through every part of my blood work made me feel very well looked at and assessed and not rushed.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
My two cents is simply this; in all my years in working with and learning from the top Physician's in TRT they have stressed over and over again that one should never combine injections along with transdermal's concurrently as it's very very difficult to manage serum levels as all men absorb testosterone transdermal's differently.

Not discounting that transdermal's are daily applications and injections are, for the most part, once or twice weekly. Bigger spikes in weekly serum concentrations level are inevitable...and that can lead to unwanted sides like higher E2 levels and the such...

This coming for the leading and most tenured Physician's in the androgen therapy vertical.

rhino5169

Curious what those physicians would suggest instead of cream to raise dht levels to a person that had levels under the range?
Also, my E level is high if you look at it alone but it is low if you figure out the t to e ratio.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Curious what those physicians would suggest instead of cream to raise dht levels to a person that had levels under the range?
Also, my E level is high if you look at it alone but it is low if you figure out the t to e ratio.

All testosterone converts to DHT transdermal or injections via the synthesis of the 5-ar enzyme.

Transdermal's tend to covert better as the skin has a higher concentration of the 5-ar enzyme so it can convert better to DHT in some men.

rhino5169

All testosterone converts to DHT transdermal or injections via the synthesis of the 5-ar enzyme.

Transdermal's tend to covert better as the skin has a higher concentration of the 5-ar enzyme so it can convert better to DHT in some men.

I get that, but what I was asking is if those physicians dont recommend injections plus transdermal, then what about those of us whose dht remains way below subpar on injections alone. Combining the injections with the cream has my dht numbers much better.

Similarly how would one go about raising E without raising T any further?

Supraman

Dr Calkins is the MAN! He told me to take some DHEA and holy hell it is feeling like a drug!!! My anxiety is somehow 20% totally reduced!! For me that is a huge deal! This DHEA alone has slightly changed my life. And also it gives me energy when I wake up!! And when I wake up the anxiety is still reduced! Its like a 24hour time release .5mg xanax for me! I waited a couple days to post this to make sure the results are real, and they are. My family has seen the improvement in me already so much that my dad wants to try out some DHEA hahaha. I am seriously blown away and my family is too that DHEA would make such an impact on my quality of life. I myself even notice I am cracking more jokes, laughing way more to the point sometimes I feel like I inhaled laughing gas or something to make me laugh. And my sleep is improved its really insane. I am taking in half the amount of caffeine I normally use in the morning also because thats all I can even handle now lol. My old full dose is way too much! This is so awesome!
I hope Dr Calkins and Dr Saya see this!! This is amazing. I can't wait to hop on the main part of treatment he prescribed when it arrives in the mail!

I think Im going to have a dance party by myself right now for my morning cardio haha thats how good I feel compared to pre-DHEA.

steve-wv

No complaints about Defy here. Melissa Faulk, the PA is who I deal with . She has called me back and e-mailed after hours and always gone the extra mile as far as I'm concerned. She helped my get my SH*$ together at a time where I was struggling to stay afloat and the local DR 's didn't give a sh%# .

Dr Calkins is the MAN! He told me to take some DHEA and holy hell it is feeling like a drug!!! My anxiety is somehow 20% totally reduced!! For me that is a huge deal! This DHEA alone has slightly changed my life. And also it gives me energy when I wake up!! And when I wake up the anxiety is still reduced! Its like a 24hour time release .5mg xanax for me! I waited a couple days to post this to make sure the results are real, and they are. My family has seen the improvement in me already so much that my dad wants to try out some DHEA hahaha. I am seriously blown away and my family is too that DHEA would make such an impact on my quality of life. I myself even notice I am cracking more jokes, laughing way more to the point sometimes I feel like I inhaled laughing gas or something to make me laugh. And my sleep is improved its really insane. I am taking in half the amount of caffeine I normally use in the morning also because thats all I can even handle now lol. My old full dose is way too much! This is so awesome!
I hope Dr Calkins and Dr Saya see this!! This is amazing. I can't wait to hop on the main part of treatment he prescribed when it arrives in the mail!

I think Im going to have a dance party by myself right now for my morning cardio haha thats how good I feel compared to pre-DHEA.

Very happy to hear Supraman. DHEA can indeed have MANY different effects in the body and I've seen some patients, similar to you with longstanding anxiety or sleep issues, find great success.

ratbag

Good on ya mate... I was on TRT for years before they put me on DHEA and I found out too that it helped my anxiety. Then I was put on HCG and that too was another major improvement in anxiety. It's not like this for everyone but it sure helped me. The other med that helped me was being put on cytomel. So after all this the meds that contributed to me feeling perfectly normal were testosterone, HCG, Cytomel and DHEA. Goodluck!

Supraman

Good on ya mate... I was on TRT for years before they put me on DHEA and I found out too that it helped my anxiety. Then I was put on HCG and that too was another major improvement in anxiety. It's not like this for everyone but it sure helped me. The other med that helped me was being put on cytomel. So after all this the meds that contributed to me feeling perfectly normal were testosterone, HCG, Cytomel and DHEA. Goodluck!

thats awesome. Ya I am really looking forward to my package arriving tomorrow.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me