Enough Data to Know if This is Low T?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ralf

Hey, I'm back after a while. I finally got my testosterone checked, which it's a bit of hassle to get done here (canada) of all people a naturopath was the only one that listened. I'm 42, almost 43, young kids and shift work. No drugs, no meds, no drinking, no steroids, no addictions. Train thai boxing 4-5 times a week lift 3-4 times a week as well. So here are my results:
-DHEA-s 3.0 umol/L
- Free test 234 umol/L
-SHBG 26.0
Thats all I have, any input will be appreciated and any questions welcome, thank you!!!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hey, I'm back after a while. I finally got my testosterone checked, which it's a bit of hassle to get done here (canada) of all people a naturopath was the only one that listened. I'm 42, almost 43, young kids and shift work. No drugs, no meds, no drinking, no steroids, no addictions. Train thai boxing 4-5 times a week lift 3-4 times a week as well. So here are my results:
-DHEA-s 3.0 umol/L
- Free test 234 umol/L
-SHBG 26.0
Thats all I have, any input will be appreciated and any questions welcome, thank you!!!

I'm a Canadian, and I have to say that, if this is the limit of what your naturopath did, you still don't know where you stand. Total testosterone wasn't run? FSH and LH weren't measured? Thyroid function wasn't evaluated?

Tell me where you live, I'm in Toronto, and we will see if help can't be found for you.

What you have tells us nothing without the associated ranges, and even then the picture is terribly incomplete. You deserve better.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
-DHEA-s 3.0 umol/L
- Free test 234 umol/L
-SHBG 26.0

I am also from Canada and live in Hamilton, Ontario. Skip the naturopath as I originally pursued that route and ended up in extreme disappointment/frustration. You need to seek a better doctor some one who specializes in trt and believe me they are far and few on this side of the border. As Coast stated you deserve better care and need more in depth labs. Keep us posted!

Ralf

Hey guys, thanks for replying. To be honest I am a little scared of trt. I have 3 buddies that are on it. One was ok for about 2 years, he was 34 when he started suddenly this year he started having all sorts of problems from high blood pressure to depression, the other was on trt for a year, he is 50, he was an elite athlete, Olympic level, still fit, still trained every day (cross fit, thai boxing and weights) Literally after a year he had a series of strokes and surgeries that now he is worried about his health constantly, it was so bad that doctors though he was going to die and the 3 just started but ain't looking good. The first one and the last one goto a top notch doctor in ontario. So after witnessing that I grew a little sceptical about trt, I believe it's great for you but there is always that risk. 2 out 3 Is a big number and I'm still waiting on the outcome of the third guy. I go between ontario and Alberta I'm usually in the oakville area in ontario. I hope I don't sound difficult, ibreally appreciate any and all input

madman

Super Moderator
Hey guys, thanks for replying. To be honest I am a little scared of trt. I have 3 buddies that are on it. One was ok for about 2 years, he was 34 when he started suddenly this year he started having all sorts of problems from high blood pressure to depression, the other was on trt for a year, he is 50, he was an elite athlete, Olympic level, still fit, still trained every day (cross fit, thai boxing and weights) Literally after a year he had a series of strokes and surgeries that now he is worried about his health constantly, it was so bad that doctors though he was going to die and the 3 just started but ain't looking good. The first one and the last one goto a top notch doctor in ontario. So after witnessing that I grew a little sceptical about trt, I believe it's great for you but there is always that risk. 2 out 3 Is a big number and I'm still waiting on the outcome of the third guy. I go between ontario and Alberta I'm usually in the oakville area in ontario. I hope I don't sound difficult, ibreally appreciate any and all input

Do you know what their lifestyles were like pre trt? So many factors are related to circulatory/heart health.................genetics plays a big role as does lifestyle- poor diet/activity level/body fat levels/inflammation/stress/pollution/smoking/abuse of drugs-prescription drugs/sleep apnea/blood pressure............the dirty list goes on and on. I would look into deeper research regarding trt and heart issues as long as one is obtaining blood work on trt and keeping everything in healthy ranges and living a heart healthy lifestyle I would say the chances are minimal and usually with older patients there is a slight risk in certain cases. So much to look at do not just base your fears on a few personal cases!

Ralf

I will do more research on trt and health issues. These guys are/were pretty healthy, one was fighting mma, the 2 othres thai, one was retired though bit kept training at a high level but you are right I don't know how healthy their life styles were as far as diet on off season. My other concern are the risks as we age, I could have been on trt for years if I wanted because I can get 100% covered through work benefits but, like I said before I had my concerns. I did try clomid on my own only for 3 months max to see how it work, It felt pretty good (see my other posts) but the problem is that I never did any testing (I know, I know I shouldn't done that)

CoastWatcher

Any medical regimen presents certain risks, but every decision we make in life is - essentially - a risk/benefit analysis. Study and learn what you can about a course of action and determine if the potential rewards are greater than the risks. You owe it to yourself to become familiar with what a well managed TRT protocol consists of, understand how such a protocol can benefit your health, and weigh that against the minimal, but real, negatives that are attached to such a regimen. You can find that here at EM. Read the sticky posts. We all started out with questions - there are answers. If you can't find an answer you are looking for, ask.

On a practical level, are you covered by OHIP or the Alberta health program?

Ralf

Thanks you, I will read all the info from EM, I really like this forum. I am covered by ohip. Thanks again for taking the time answer my questions and pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated!

CoastWatcher

Thanks you, I will read all the info from EM, I really like this forum. I am covered by ohip. Thanks again for taking the time answer my questions and pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated!

Please help with some context. Do you have a family doctor? Have you discussed this with him/her? How open are they to TRT?

rhino5169

Madman hit the nail on the head. Look into it deeply for yourself regarding cardiovascular health.
lifestyle is what matters not what kind of shape you look like on the outside.
I did all the cardiovascular research myself, for over a year before I decided to move forward. I had T numbers that ranged from 137 to 294 on a range of 350 - 1000.
In fact, you will learn that the risks and associated complications and diseases are greater with low t.
As long as you do the routine lab work you should be able to stay ahead of anything.

Ralf

Yes I have, she just looked at my upper body and said "you don't need to check your test" , I insisted another time and she did the same...lol, I know, ridiculous. So as you can see she is not open at all .

CoastWatcher

Yes I have, she just looked at my upper body and said "you don't need to check your test" , I insisted another time and she did the same...lol, I know, ridiculous. So as you can see she is not open at all .

That's the second time we've had a member report that a doctor said something like that. Ignorance knows no bounds.

I will message you ideas in the next day or so on how/what you can do next to set yourself up for treatment. I will include Madman in the conversation and hope he'll join in as he's been through the challenges of getting set up with a doctor fairly recently.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me