Topical Testosterone Adherence Low

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

This news article on a talk at the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 2017 Conference surprised me.

Fewer than one in five hypogonadal men are adherent to prescribed topical testosterone, new research indicates. The findings, from a large commercial insurance database, were presented May 5 here at the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) 2017 Annual Scientific & Clinical Congress by Michael Grabner, PhD, of HealthCore, Wilmingon, Delaware. Among a total of 3184 men with primary or secondary hypogonadism who had filled a prescription for topical testosterone therapy of any kind (brand-name or generic), just 17% were defined as adherent. And over 1 year, 81% of the men discontinued treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I think perhaps guys find out how expensive andro 1.62 is, even with insurance getting 50% of it I was still paying OOP $140 IIRC, that's just not a sustainable price point for too many people.

CoastWatcher

I think perhaps guys find out how expensive andro 1.62 is, even with insurance getting 50% of it I was still paying OOP $140 IIRC, that's just not a sustainable price point for too many people.
That is certainly a primary reason for a patient discontinuing, I agree, but I wonder how many guys don't respond to the topical, get discouraged and - being the patient of a less than knowledgeable doctor - conclude TRT is a bust and walk away. It seems it would have to be the cost and/or the lack of effectiveness of this form of therapy for a man to abandon it.

I know my GP started me on one pump of 1.62 and was reluctant to go up from there and I can see that not being responsive or under dosed as I was, would create compliance issues in treatment.

HarryCat

This. I had a friend whose doctor gave him Androgel samples. Said he felt better using it but when he went to the pharmacy to pick up his prescription and saw how much it cost he never continued.

Jinzang

I don't know if any pharma execs read this forum. But if they do, they are leaving money on the table by charging so much for topical testosterone. If only one fifth continue use because of cost, they could make more money by dropping the price to one third or a quarter of the current price. Many men are paying out of pocket for their testosterone, so the market is price sensitive.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me