Cypionate vs Propionate vs Enanthate question

Buy Lab Tests Online
I tried searching for this type of question on this forum and could not find anything, so please bear with me if it's already posted somewhere and I didn't find it.

Anyhow, what is the difference between Testosterone Cypionate vs Propionate vs Enanthate? And does it matter what is prescribed for TRT use? Is one better than the other?

Thanks for your replies, in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I tried searching for this type of question on this forum and could not find anything, so please bear with me if it's already posted somewhere and I didn't find it.

Anyhow, what is the difference between Testosterone Cypionate vs Propionate vs Enanthate? And does it matter what is prescribed for TRT use? Is one better than the other?

Thanks for your replies, in advance.

The difference is in the ester attached and, thus, the half-life of the drug. Cypionate is the standard that is prescribed in the United States. I inject enanthate, living in Canada that is the testosterone given by essentially every doctor (and is the case throughout the rest of the world). Propionate, with a lighter ester, clears the body more quickly. Some who inject on a daily basis suggest it might be a better choice for such a protocol. I was offered it, but feeling as good as I do with daily enanthate, saw no reason to switch. A number of members are either shifting to propionate, or are planning to.

Last edited:
This is very interesting, CW and Tom. Thanks for your responses. I keep learning more and more as a result of this site and responses such as yours.

I may talk to my doctor about switching to Propionate in the future, considering I do daily injections of TCyp now. Before I do that, though, I plan on continuing to fine tune my protocol to get completely dialed in to where I feel the best. No sense in adding more to the equation, obviously, but it's good to know the differences between the types.

Thanks, guys!

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm inject daily and was thinking of switching from testosterone cypionate to testosterone propionate. I decided to stay with cypionate because I thought by going to propionate it may cause a small cycle and I would be defeating my purpose of keep being good steady level of testosterone, by injecting daily.

YOu should be able to maintain the same steady state of the half lives with daily Prop, thing is is that with the Ester being much shorter, ~48hrs, the same mg/mg dosing should hit you harder and faster, than Cyp that reaches a peak @ + 24hrs, Prop should hit a peak @ 12-24hrs.

CoastWatcher

YOu should be able to maintain the same steady state of the half lives with daily Prop, thing is is that with the Ester being much shorter, ~48hrs, the same mg/mg dosing should hit you harder and faster, than Cyp that reaches a peak @ + 24hrs, Prop should hit a peak @ 12-24hrs.
I hear what you're saying, my friend. When T-Prop was offered by my doctor I did think hard about it...but everything in my protocol was so well balanced I chose discretion. Still, it is tempting, but I will leave it as it is.

Vince

Super Moderator
I hear what you're saying, my friend. When T-Prop was offered by my doctor I did think hard about it...but everything in my protocol was so well balanced I chose discretion. Still, it is tempting, but I will leave it as it is.
I was also tempted in switching, after thinking about. I thought there was nothing extra to gain.

It can. I used test prop (compounded by empower) on a daily.....dosages ranging from .1ml to .3ml and it would be a hit and miss situation. Sometimes it would hurt and sometimes it wouldn't.

miked123

2 years ago I was doing self-directed TRT and injecting 25mgs EOD of test prop into my delts. It sucked, and the pain got only slightly more tolerable over time.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
I switched from daily T Cyp to Prop. If you get it from Empower then there is zero sting when injecting.

Lab results comparison here.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...ting-Testosterone-Propionate-on-a-Daily-Basis

Testosterone clears my body very fast. I'm thinking it is something genetic at this point. The Prop is actually a little too fast for me as you can see from the FT and DHT results from the thread above. So I'm going to try supplementing with daily cream. I would not switch back to T Cyp though. The extra energy hits within an hour or 2 and is significantly higher on Prop. I look leaner now as well even though my weight is about the same. I have a body fat monitor and it shows less body fat now with my level of exercise remaining consistent.

I switched from daily T Cyp to Prop. If you get it from Empower then there is zero sting when injecting.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...ting-Testosterone-Propionate-on-a-Daily-Basis

Testosterone clears my body very fast. I'm thinking it is something genetic at this point. The Prop is actually a little too fast for me as you can see from the FT and DHT results from the thread above. So I'm going to try supplementing with daily cream. I would not switch back to T Cyp though. The extra energy hits within an hour or 2 and is significantly higher on Prop. I look leaner now as well even though my weight is about the same. I have a body fat monitor and it shows less body fat now with my level of exercise remaining consistent.

Did you yet or still thinking about upping your daily dose of Prop?

madman

Super Moderator

No disrespect but I would not rely on the accuracy of a body fat monitor. After reading abstract read 4. Variations and Limitations of the Technique as many things can affect the outcome especially when the water/electrolytes are imbalanced. More than likely you are just carrying less bloat as I am not convinced that daily injections of testosterone are advantageous to losing more body fat.

http://pubs.sciepub.com/ijcn/2/1/1/

Yes, upped the Prop to 20mg daily and I'm adding 1 click of 50mg cream daily as well.

Im doing two clicks of the same 50mg cream, daily. Testing showed I had to use it every day but does take my DHT within ~2hrs to the top of the lab range and sometimes over just a bit. But like I said when I've tested and not used it that morning, I'm at baseline DHT again so I have to do it daily.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
No disrespect but I would not rely on the accuracy of a body fat monitor. After reading abstract read 4. Variations and Limitations of the Technique as many things can affect the outcome especially when the water/electrolytes are imbalanced. More than likely you are just carrying less bloat as I am not convinced that daily injections of testosterone are advantageous to losing more body fat.

http://pubs.sciepub.com/ijcn/2/1/1/

I agree, it's in no way scientific. The number keeps going down though so I'll take it. It could have been water bloat and that's why I weigh about the same between the different esters.

If you are already doing daily then give the Prop from Empower a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me