Glucose tolerance and normal low t

Buy Lab Tests Online

mike21p

Hi everyone.
I apologize in advanced for this is a long post.

To start out,
Im 18 with 250-300 total T and 7-10 free t.

So ive been thinking about my issues and I have very big important questions. After some trial and error, I realized weed absolutely gives me ed. When I don't smoke, my libido is through the roof and my erections are extremely hard. The first big question is, why doesn't it give any of my friends who smoke way more than me ed. Im 18 and in college, 18%body fat. I noticed ed after my first three times smoking. Why does it affect my erectile stregnth almost immediately.
This means all of my ed and low sex drive was from weed.
Is it possible that my T is just naturally low? Or is a 250-300 t level for an 18 impossible unless there is something decently wrong with me?

Also, in two glucose tests, I got both a 50 and a 100, both fasting. (70-95) but i heard optimal is under 85

Am I hypoglecemic or diabetic? Both? Is this possible? What causes hypoglycemia.

Also had vitamin testing done by naturopath and vitamin C was extremely low even though I supplement with vitamin C and drink lots of OJ
Vit c 11 (23-110)
What could cause low vit C?

Also, monocytes% was out of range (high) very slightly. 10.8 (3.8-10)

Pth intanct 11.7 (12-88) although probably not signifigant since calcium level is normal

Ebv igg vca 94 (0-18)
ebv nuclear ag igg 56 (0-18)
THe rest of the ebv test were negative., this indicates past infection
I Dont understand relation between ebv and T though.

alkaline phosphate is high. 134 (34-104)

Homocysteine is also normal high 11.5 (5-12) (hints atherosclerosis maybe)

Lastly CRP quantative is 4 (0-10) but CRP cardio/neo (HS) was 3 (0-3)

All Cholestrol tests: low and normal

Does anyone know what this means? I suspect arterial plaque but why would I have that? Can someone with any info please help? Even if you can only answer some questions, please do.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

In order to make sense of your discursive post, your full labs are needed (with reference ranges). As it has been presented, your situation is hard to follow. We hope to have a solid conversation soon.

mike21p

First off, Ive smoked weed for 3months, on and off. For the past 2 months ive smoked less than twice a week. Some of my friends who smoke 4 times a day everyday for over 4 years have no issues. I have been eating healthily. I do exercise. No idea why my cholestrol is high because I eat 4 eggs at night since chol-->Dhea--> test and cortisol. I also suspect leaky gut but I am getting a little stressed. If vit c is low, that could mean my body is fighting an infection and is in a state of stress. That could also explain my high prolactin (no tumors, had an mri already). That cause also explain my hypoglycemia and why my monocytes and alk phosphate is so high. Also tho, I have adhd,(probably from low iron, or hypoglycemia, and low t). I was on hypothyroidsm meds but i got off them and I will just take iodine (no hashis just low iodine probably from leaky gut.) Ik this is a lot of summary but my big question is...

What could be causing a crp (hs) of 3 (0-3)
Homocysteine of 11.5 (5-12)
Monocytes% 10.8 (4-10)
Weird blood sugar readings of 50 and 100 (70-95)
Low vitamin C even though I supplement with it and drink lots of OJ 11 (23-110)
And high alk phosphate 134 (70-104)
Borderline low minerals such as iron, magnesium, vit D, vit c, b12 even though I eat lots of meat

And also high prolactin 23 (0-15) no tumors. I had an mri already

Do you really think smoking weed twice a week for a few months would suddenly cause these symptoms in a normal person?
Nobody out of my friends group has ed or any symptoms of low t from smoking weed. I think heavy smoking for a 40 year old might give them ed if they already have problems, but usually doesn't give ed to 18 year olds who use it infrequently. Either way I'm stopping but I'm not sure smoking weed once or twice a week would elevate crp, elevate homocysteine, lower t. And give me other weird readings if I was normal.

Last edited:

Matt Leiser

Endocrine effects of marijuana in the male: preclinical studies.Harclerode J.
[h=3]Abstract[/b]Marijuana affects a variety of hormones that are regulated by hypothalamic function and it appears that the psychoactive ingredient, THC, is the major compound responsible for this action. It is probable that THC affects these hormones through its ability to alter various neural transmitters in the hypothalamus or neural transmitters in the CNS which impinge on the hypothalamus. The dopaminergic and serotonergic fibers seem to be particularly important. The two gonadotropins, LH and FSH, secreted by the pituitary gland are of major importance to reproduction in the male. Both gonadotropins appear to respond to a single releasing factor from the hypothalamus, GnRH, which is sensitive to catecholamine neurotransmitters. The THC-induced block of GnRH release results in lowered LH and FSH which is responsible for reduced testosterone production by the Leydig cells of the testis. Other hormones that might have a synergistic or antagonistic effect upon reproduction in the male are the adrenal cortical hormones, prolactin, thyroid hormones, and growth hormones. THC appears to depress prolactin, thyroid gland function, and growth hormone while elevating adrenal cortical steroids. Chronic exposure of laboratory animals, such as rats, mice, and monkeys to marijuana and to the various cannabinoids in marijuana has altered the function of several of the accessory reproductive organs. Reports of reduced prostate and seminal vesicle weights, as well as altered testicular function, have been partially explained by the effect of marijuana in lowering serum testosterone needed for proper function and support. Although some of the change in organ weight may be due to lowered testosterone production by the Leydig cells of the testis, some of the weight changes may be due to a direct action of THC, and perhaps some of the other nonpsychoactive cannabinoids in marijuana, on the tissue themselves. Also, of concern are the reports that acute cannabinoid treatments affects the quality and quantity of spermatozoa produced by the testis. The question is still unanswered as to whether or not the effects observed on spermatozoa are due to a direct action of the cannabinoids on spermatogenesis, or whether some of the observed effects may be due to altered hormone levels which are necessary for the support of spermatogenesis. Reduced testosterone and FSH may be important in producing the observed changes in sperm production by the seminiferous tubules. Many of the effects on the endocrine system caused by chronic treatment of animals with THC are completely reversible with time and there is reason to believe that tolerance develops to these effects with acute exposure to THC.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)

mike21p

If it were true that infrequent marijuana use (twice per week) causes ed and all of those things, then why doesn't any else get ed from weed? Ik over 50 people, each who smoke way more than me, many who are sexually active who I have talked to and they do not have ed. Why does weed give me ed so rapidly? I am open minded on this but I don't believe every who smokes gets ed immediately because non of my friends, some who smoke weed 5+ times a day don't have ed. I don't beleive it would cause all of the issues I'm experiencing. Either way I will be stopping. What about all of my other blood work? DOes anyone have even the slightest clue on what is going on?

Vince

Super Moderator
I know a lot of people that use marijuana and none of complain of ED. But drugs do affect everyone differently, you could stop the use and see what effect it has.

mike21p

Will get that pulled soon. my dad and and his dad were both overweight with high cholesterol. grandpa got diabetes around when he turned 80. Dad has prediabetes. Both had horrible eating habits and didn't get much exercise. Any way to tell if my elevated crp is due to gastric issues or arterial plaque. Also, any idea how ebv is related to T?
Thanks.

mike21p

Yes decently in depth.
TSH 5
ft4 and ft3 was a little lower than mid range
iodine deficient

I took natural thyroid medication (similar to amour thyroid) and tsh dropped to 2.59 and ft3 rose to top of normal range
Ft4 remained the same
RT3 is low normal

I decided to stop taking thyroid meds after 2 months and am now just taking idione. I don't have hashi's (already had anti tpo and other test)

Also, my prolactin is 23 (4-15)
Had mri, no tumors

mike21p

Also, is there any way to tell if my elevated crp is due to gastric issues or arterial plaque. Are there blood tests I can get done to see if my inflammation is gastric or due to heart condition/arterial plaque.

mike21p

Hi everyone,

I got some new tests results back just now and just wanted to post them in case anyone has a clue what they mean. Even if you only could answer one question, all help is welcome.

Crp Uq 5.5 (0-3) Serious inflammation?

Cholestrol 160 (0-200)
Interleukin-6 0.7 (0-15.5)
Tumor Necrosis Factor (tnf) 1.4 (0-8.1)
Homocysteine 4.7 (5-15) Does this mean my inflammation is not arterial? Does it rule out clogged arteries?

Adiponenctin 4 (4-26) Why is it so low? Insulin resistance?
Hgb A1C 5.9 (4-5.6) Possibly prediabetes?
Fasting glucose 89 (70-95)
Fasting Insulin 10 (3-17)

I think you have too many esoteric test results, and you're trying to attribute every problem to relatively meaningless lab results.

Labs are a good thing, but without a reference point, they're meaningless. I don't mean a reference range, I mean symptoms. You've posted all these results, but no symptoms or anything.

We're not sure what you're trying to treat. Numbers aren't really treatable. Symptoms are.

CoastWatcher

Hi everyone,

I got some new tests results back just now and just wanted to post them in case anyone has a clue what they mean. Even if you only could answer one question, all help is welcome.

Crp Uq 5.5 (0-3) Serious inflammation?

Cholestrol 160 (0-200)
Interleukin-6 0.7 (0-15.5)
Tumor Necrosis Factor (tnf) 1.4 (0-8.1)
Homocysteine 4.7 (5-15) Does this mean my inflammation is not arterial? Does it rule out clogged arteries?

Adiponenctin 4 (4-26) Why is it so low? Insulin resistance?
Hgb A1C 5.9 (4-5.6) Possibly prediabetes?
Fasting glucose 89 (70-95)
Fasting Insulin 10 (3-17)

As all of this has unfolded, what has your doctor said? How is he/she interpreting the myriad results that you have?

mike21p

I have extreme brain fog and fatigue and mild ed. I feel that at anytime I could easily fall asleep which should not be the case, especially since I get 9 hours of sleep a night. I also have trouble concentrating. Was dianosed with adhd and Test levels are 270 (350-1150) and I am only 18. I also have trouble gaining muscle and losing weight, I am skinny fat and I eat relatively well. Trying to find to root cause of my Low Testosterone.

Instead all this other nonsense about glucose and the others...is it that much to stop smoking and see if you return to baseline? You stated libido/drive/erections are very good without it so why your commitment to being stoned? Is weed that important that you can't get it up? You're awfully committed to being on drugs...at 18. It's ridiculous.

mike21p

Instead all this other nonsense about glucose and the others...is it that much to stop smoking and see if you return to baseline? You stated libido/drive/erections are very good without it so why your commitment to being stoned? Is weed that important that you can't get it up? You're awfully committed to being on drugs...at 18. It's ridiculous.

Not at all. I wrote in an earlier post that I was stopping. Btw, I feel no different (still have ed) after stopping 2 weeks ago so maybe last time I quit was a coincidence but I will continue to not smoke weed. I have no commitment to being stoned. Im not awfully commited to "being on drugs" at 18. Someone thinking that me taking 2-3 hits of a joint once or twice a week makes me "awfully commited to being on drugs" and will give me ed, brain fog, extreme fatigue, and low T actually sounds a little ridiculous. Im an open minded guy and pretty desperate, so Im stopping for a few months and if things get better I will stop forever. Also, Ive read a lot about insulin resistance, arterial plaque, inflammation, and low T. But I guess youre opinion cancels out all of that.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me