High Free T Has Doctor Worried

Buy Lab Tests Online

MR. evil

Just had my regular 6 month follow up with my endo. I'm currently taking 125mg test cyp via weekly IM injections. My total T was a little on the high side but my doctor wasn't really concearned with that. But he wasnt happy with my Free T number and wants me to lower my dose to 100mg. For a couple of months and see if here is any change.

Total T. 830
Free T. 25
PSA. 1.2

I wished I had asked my doctor, but what is the downside to a high level of free T?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Will you post the reference ranges for each test? Determining free testosterone values is frequently a major headache for patient and doctor. Was your free testosterone result derived via a direct or calculated process? What was your estradiol? Finally, most importantly, how are you feeling?

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
You're a little over 3%, which reflects your SHBG is on the low end; possibly albumin as well. That's pretty close to where I am at as well, many here actually in that ballpark. So, regardless of your total test, you can figure multiplying it by 3, and that will get you relatively close (830 x 3% = 24.9). I'd still run all the labs, but it gives you a perspective if in the event you only have a total testosterone lab to work with ...

IMO, that's not really that high all things considered ... I personally do best in the 18 -22 range or so, but again it's an individual thing. Maybe your doctor is treating the number more than the patient if he's focused on that aspect without checking-in on your overall well being? When did you run labs in relation to your injection schedule?

If you're not having any sides, and you feel great, there really isn't a severe downside!! On the flip side, 125mg down to 100mg isn't significant either, and maybe tweaking it a bit provides a better overall program? I know in my 8 years of treatment, I have seen 80mg/wk up to 200mg/week ... Taken 1x, 2x and even 3x ... SubQ and IM. 60mg x 2/wk tends to work for me (sometimes even a little less), plus 250iu x 2 of HCG.

Whatever route you go, I'd suggest at least splitting it up 2x per week.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me