Anastrozole 1mg, 3X a week - Am I being overprescribed?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Latino Rebel

Hi there, folks.

Question - Am I being overprescribed Anastrozole?

My doc is prescribing me Anastrozole 1mg, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

I inject my T every Sunday.

I was, originally prescribed Anastrozole 1mg, every other day to start off my TRT regiment.

I'm currently on week 17 of TRT.

Overall, I feel pretty good.

But I'm worried I'm crushing my Estradiol way too much.

My original blood work, before TRT, had my Estradiol at 13.3 pg/ml.

Now it's at 5 pg/ml.

My original T levels, before TRT, were 505 ng/dl and Free T was 11.3 ng/dl.

Second blood work showed my T levels at 1040 ng/dl and Free T at 30.6.

Any thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I am surprised that you feel good with so low estradiol. lower than 20pg/ml is considered "danger zone" and you are at 5pg/ml that can be dangerous long term

CoastWatcher

Please stop the AI madness - you are being ill served by your physician. You have crashed your estradiol, but seem to have dodged the symptoms that are usually associated with that horror.

Will Brink

I inject my T every Sunday.

I was, originally prescribed Anastrozole 1mg, every other day to start off my TRT regiment.

My original blood work, before TRT, had my Estradiol at 13.3 pg/ml.

Now it's at 5 pg/ml.

Adding any Anastrozole with those E2 levels is illogical. If anything they should have been looking on methods to raise it. If that was pre TRT, then E2 may have elevated on it's own to the beneficial levels. 5 pg/ml is well below what you want.

HealthMan

Add anastrozole while starting TRT at this dosage sounds crazy to me. Ideally you would start TRT with no anastrozole and test estradiol (amongst other things) after a couple of months and add anastrozole if necessary. For me, estradiol has proven to be the most difficult hormone to dial in. I would talk to your doctor to stop anastrozole and test estradiol in a couple of months. If you have any symptoms of high estradiol (specially gynocomastia) then i would get bloodwork done asap to find out what is going on.

Hi there, folks.

Question - Am I being overprescribed Anastrozole?

My doc is prescribing me Anastrozole 1mg, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Rebel,

You need a new Doctor. Not only is your prescribed anastrozole dosage enormous, but the fact that your Doctor has you continuing this protocol with a measured E2 of 5 is basically malpractice IMHO. With a pre-TRT E2 level of 13.3, I'm still at a loss why he even prescribed an AI to begin with.

You need help (read: a competent doctor) to steer you on the right track. I would suggest that you give Defy Medical a call, and get the help you so desperately need.

Vince

Super Moderator
also make sure it's the right estradiol test, the sensitive test for men. All Men Should be Tested with the Sensitive Estradiol Test.

Latino Rebel

Thanks for everyone for chiming in.

I'm obviously very relatively new to TRT.

I'm learning as I go.

I also want to, once again, thank Nelson Vergel for enlightening me on the subject via one of his video casts.

I'll talk to my doctor and see where this goes.

Another question: What's the ideal sweet spot you want for healthy Estradiol levels, 20 pg/ml, 25, 30?

Thanks again.

CoastWatcher

Thanks for everyone for chiming in.

I'm obviously very relatively new to TRT.

I'm learning as I go.

I also want to, once again, thank Nelson Vergel for enlightening me on the subject via one of his video casts.

I'll talk to my doctor and see where this goes.

Another question: What's the ideal sweet spot you want for healthy Estradiol levels, 20 pg/ml, 25, 30?

Thanks again.

Ther is NO magic number, no universal sweet-spot for estradiol; it varies for each of us. Estradiol is not a waste product that should be eliminated from a man's body. It's a necessary hormone for sexual health, cardiovascular and bone/skeletal well-being...all sorts of vital functions. Take some time and read the stickies Nelson and others have posted here on the Forum about e2 - it will be time well spent.

By all means, test estradiol, via the sensitive (LC, MS/MS) lab test, and pay particular attention if it climbs above the upper range. But, most importantly, pay attention to how you feel. Symptoms first, lab values second - they offer context for how you're feeling. Don't chase a number.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me