Looking for Reassurance as TRT Fading

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mr_j_rod

Hey all!

As it says, I'm new and need some reassurance. I have to first comment that I genuinely believe TRT has turned my life around, but I am beginning to fell poorly as most do around this time.

As many say, I'm sensing a decline, but somewhat different than most forums and others report. Needless to say, I am somewhat frightened. I have been on TRT starting the month of my son's birth in October, so 7 months. I am currently receiving 210 mg / week of depo-testosterone. I was feeling great until about 1.5 months ago. in the last 3 weeks I have experienced alarming symptoms:

Increased lethargy
Decreased libido
edema in my hands, feet, abdomen and ankles
Severe decrease in exercise motivation and endurance ( I was able to run 3 mi / 10 min each easily. Now 1 mi at 5 mph is an uphill battle that results in severe burning in my calves and foot pain. I even bought several pairs of specialized shoes, but I believes this is from the severe edema)
Bizarre popping, clicking and pain in all of my joints, especially my elbows and PIP and DIP. (Finger joints)
My weight has exploded. I have gained over 10 lbs.
Reddened skin around my neckline
worsening depression and suddenly severe anxiety (Never had issues with anxiety. Ever).

This all leads me to believe I am having an estrogen problem. High or low, but I do not know which. I am worried about what the most immediate course of action should be as most of the forum data is anecdotal and lacks any quantitative or scientifically verified information.

A little about my background: I am a very experienced acute care RN. I was diagnosed with depression and ADD as a young adult and have been on various antidepressants and ADD medications over the last 4 years. I attribute my low T to severe sleep deprivation, medication induced and increased body fat (238.6 @ 21.7% 5'9"). I started TRT because my emotions were out of control and I was starting to become clinically depressed to a dangerous level. Like I previously mentioned, it turned me around, but without reason or life event influence, I am declining once again.

I'm looking for someone who has maybe been through this to reassure me that I am on the right track and that this is temporary. I'm assuming my decline is likely because the large weekly doses of Depo are hard for my body to aromatize and is resulting in a T / E imbalance. I am 3 days out from my last injection and I am feeling slightly better, but not much. I also suspect this dose is too high as I felt much better earlier on.

My last free T was 15 and total was something like 6 or 700. The estrogen was unremarkable. I should also mention that I have historically been extremely sensitive to medications in the past and a normal starting dose typically result in immediate and rarely occurring side effects. I tend to have to start low and go very, very slow. It took me 2 years to build up to a starting dose of Adderal for ADD and cycling through 4 antidepressants over 5 years before I found one that did not result in horrible side effects and weight gain.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I am somewhat concerned about my health. It has always been the most intact thing I have, and at 32 I'm starting to feel like I'm struggling. It feels awful. I'm worried this isn't being managed well enough by my clinic and I am going to begin to have issues with my physical well being. I will be switching to a closer clinic later on the coming week and self injecting. I'm hoping to do smaller doses, more frequently so my body can handle the test.

Can anyone relate or reassure me at all? Thanks for your time in advance. I know you all have better things to do than read my post. Any encouragement that can be offered will be appreciated. :)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
So if I'm understanding you right, your protocol is 210mg of Testosterone Cypionate once a week and nothing else?
It would be helpful if you posted all labs with ranges.

CoastWatcher

Absent labs, we're simply speculating as to what is going on. Any reassurance we offer you now would be as meaningless as any alarms we raise - we just don't know enough. Are you dealing with primary or secondary hypogonadism? How old are you? I will say I wonder about a protocol that calls for a significant dose of testosterone, once weekly, with no mention of HCG.

Please post labs, hopefully you can give us your pre-TRT values as well as your most recent follow-up labs. We look forward to hearing from you and starting a good conversation.

Hey all!

As it says, I'm new and need some reassurance. I have to first comment that I genuinely believe TRT has turned my life around, but I am beginning to fell poorly as most do around this time.

As many say, I'm sensing a decline, but somewhat different than most forums and others report. Needless to say, I am somewhat frightened. I have been on TRT starting the month of my son's birth in October, so 7 months. I am currently receiving 210 mg / week of depo-testosterone. I was feeling great until about 1.5 months ago. in the last 3 weeks I have experienced alarming symptoms:

Increased lethargy
Decreased libido
edema in my hands, feet, abdomen and ankles
Severe decrease in exercise motivation and endurance ( I was able to run 3 mi / 10 min each easily. Now 1 mi at 5 mph is an uphill battle that results in severe burning in my calves and foot pain. I even bought several pairs of specialized shoes, but I believes this is from the severe edema)
Bizarre popping, clicking and pain in all of my joints, especially my elbows and PIP and DIP. (Finger joints)
My weight has exploded. I have gained over 10 lbs.
Reddened skin around my neckline
worsening depression and suddenly severe anxiety (Never had issues with anxiety. Ever).

This all leads me to believe I am having an estrogen problem. High or low, but I do not know which. I am worried about what the most immediate course of action should be as most of the forum data is anecdotal and lacks any quantitative or scientifically verified information.

A little about my background: I am a very experienced acute care RN. I was diagnosed with depression and ADD as a young adult and have been on various antidepressants and ADD medications over the last 4 years. I attribute my low T to severe sleep deprivation, medication induced and increased body fat (238.6 @ 21.7% 5'9"). I started TRT because my emotions were out of control and I was starting to become clinically depressed to a dangerous level. Like I previously mentioned, it turned me around, but without reason or life event influence, I am declining once again.

I'm looking for someone who has maybe been through this to reassure me that I am on the right track and that this is temporary. I'm assuming my decline is likely because the large weekly doses of Depo are hard for my body to aromatize and is resulting in a T / E imbalance. I am 3 days out from my last injection and I am feeling slightly better, but not much. I also suspect this dose is too high as I felt much better earlier on.

My last free T was 15 and total was something like 6 or 700. The estrogen was unremarkable. I should also mention that I have historically been extremely sensitive to medications in the past and a normal starting dose typically result in immediate and rarely occurring side effects. I tend to have to start low and go very, very slow. It took me 2 years to build up to a starting dose of Adderal for ADD and cycling through 4 antidepressants over 5 years before I found one that did not result in horrible side effects and weight gain.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I am somewhat concerned about my health. It has always been the most intact thing I have, and at 32 I'm starting to feel like I'm struggling. It feels awful. I'm worried this isn't being managed well enough by my clinic and I am going to begin to have issues with my physical well being. I will be switching to a closer clinic later on the coming week and self injecting. I'm hoping to do smaller doses, more frequently so my body can handle the test.

Can anyone relate or reassure me at all? Thanks for your time in advance. I know you all have better things to do than read my post. Any encouragement that can be offered will be appreciated. :)

Yeah this is going to be impossible for anyone to give feedback on with "estrogen was unremarkable". It brings many questions to mind, what is estrogen? Total estrogens? Or Estradiol? Sensitive or standard assay? What does unremarkable mean? High? Low? Non existent? When was this relative to injection?

I don't really know what you mean by "large weekly doses of depo are hard for my body to aromatize". It would be unheard of for one to suddenly develop aromatase deficiency, but I don't know what you meant by your statement so I assume you mean you're lacking E2.

Thing is, your dose is really high, yet your symptoms fit low E2 much more than they do high E2. So without labs, this is merely guessing.

It's weird to experience a sudden decline without any external changes, because what would cause it? There must be some change in your life that occurred around the same time.

If you're merely looking for someone to reassure you, I would not feel comfortable doing that, as I feel it'd be disingenuous.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me