DHEA timing?

Buy Lab Tests Online

rhino5169

My RX says take at night. Iv'e seen mostly should take in the AM, but also have read a few times to take at night to help with high cortisol?

What say ye?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I've taken it just before bed for years. For some it can have a stimulating effect disrupting sleep in which case 25 mg on the morning and again in the afternoon is ideal.

rhino5169

Thanks for the quick reply Gene.
Im also wondering though, is there a benefit to taking at night vs. in the am?
Does it really help offset high cortisol at night, which I have?

James

rhino5169 - Have you taken DHEA before? If not, I'd suggest starting at a considerably lower dose for a few days and see how you respond to it. I was feeling pretty good, but noticed my DHEA labs were low, so I bought ultra micronized DHEA from DHEA.com. Took 25mg one night and felt like garbage the next day. Eventually I got a little relief when cutting my dose down to 12mg. And yet more relief when dropping it to 6mg, before finally feeling much better just days after discontinuing it. I feel much better without it. We're all different, maybe it will help you feel better, just start with a lower dose and be patient (increase dose as symptoms and labs warrant). Sound advice IMO with most anything HRT related. Good luck.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Yes, it can help with normalizing the circadian rhythm in the PM, when cortisol imbalances are present. It just all depends where you are at overall with the adrenals? For others and myself it has been immensely beneficial with sleep improvement, but for some it doesn't work so well.

cja

I was taking DHEA in the AM and noticed a few hours later I began to feel groggy. I stopped taking DHEA completely and this issue went away. I then read that taking at night may be a better solution for me, tried it and now have zero issues with the DHEA. I am using 25mg that were compounded by pharmacy (Hallandale). Also, since I began taking the DHEA at night (about 2 hours after dinner 7 PM) my sleep has improved. I still seem to have a cortisol spike at 2:30-3:30 AM but the quality of sleep I get is much better. I tend to function pretty well off 6.5 hours sleep per night, would prefer 7.5 but what can you do.

Vince

Super Moderator
I use Pure brand, presently I'm supplementing with 35mg daily. I've tried using it during the day and before bed, it doesn't affect my sleep positive or negatively. I think I'll split my dose like Gene recommended, morning and then again before bed.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me