High Free Testosterone Level - Concern?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jriptide

My question is should I be concerned about having high Free T levels that exceed normal range both in total (23 pg/ml) and percentage (2.7%) ?

Since moving to injections I have done two blood tests (not ideal times but based on travel to US where I can order my own test through DiscountLabs), one early on in my new protocol during a trough where my Total Testosterone came back at 277 and Free T 7.5 pg.ml (2.7%) the second one done the day after a bi-weekly injection of .35ml came in at 839 ng/ml and Free T of 23 pg/ml (2.7%) and above normal range of 6.8 - 31.5.

Note I only did Total T and Free T on the second test. Below are the results of both tests.

First Test
Estradiol, Sensitive 13.5 pg/mL Normal Range: 8.0 - 35.0
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 26.6 nmol/L Normal Range: 16.5 - 55.9
DHEA-Sulfate 92.2 ug/dL Normal Range: 71.6 - 375.4
Dihydrotestosterone 18 (Low)ng/dL Normal Range: 30 - 85
Testosterone, Serum 277 Low ng/dL Normal Range: 348 - 1197
Free Testosterone(Direct) 7.5 pg/mL Normal Range: 6.8 - 21.5

Second Test
Testosterone, Serum 839 ng/dL 348 - 1197
Free Testosterone(Direct) 23.0 (High) pg/mL 6.8 - 21.5

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
My question is should I be concerned about having high Free T levels that exceed normal range both in total (23 pg/ml) and percentage (2.7%) ?

Since moving to injections I have done two blood tests (not ideal times but based on travel to US where I can order my own test through DiscountLabs), one early on in my new protocol during a trough where my Total Testosterone came back at 277 and Free T 7.5 pg.ml (2.7%) the second one done the day after a bi-weekly injection of .35ml came in at 839 ng/ml and Free T of 23 pg/ml (2.7%) and above normal range of 6.8 - 31.5.

Note I only did Total T and Free T on the second test. Below are the results of both tests.

First Test
Estradiol, Sensitive 13.5 pg/mL Normal Range: 8.0 - 35.0
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 26.6 nmol/L Normal Range: 16.5 - 55.9
DHEA-Sulfate 92.2 ug/dL Normal Range: 71.6 - 375.4
Dihydrotestosterone 18 (Low)ng/dL Normal Range: 30 - 85
Testosterone, Serum 277 Low ng/dL Normal Range: 348 - 1197
Free Testosterone(Direct) 7.5 pg/mL Normal Range: 6.8 - 21.5

Second Test
Testosterone, Serum 839 ng/dL 348 - 1197
Free Testosterone(Direct) 23.0 (High) pg/mL 6.8 - 21.5

You're doing this wrong. You only ever test right before an injection is due, not after.

jriptide

Hi Vince, a couple of things, I had to align testing with trips to the USA, and my goal was also to get both Trough and Peak results, this way I could do a better job optimizing my injection protocol. That said, I am guessing your logic of doing testing the day before an injection is so you are comparing your Trough test results to Normal Ranges, which in my case would mean my Free T would fall into range, about 16.4 pg/ml (assuming my Free T stays at 2.7%) , would that be correct?

Peak testing should in my mind just be for informative purposes, dosing and frequency adjustments are always done with the trough readings and trying to extrapolate things would be a fallacy. I would say that your manner of testing isn't going to produce the best results for your therapy. With little exception that's just not how this is done.

jriptide

Interesting, while I am new to TRT, I would think it would be important to know how high your levels of Testosterone and Estradiol get not just the trough level. So if you are targeting upper range of normal that would mean you are actually well above normal range the majority of the time. The graph below was the projections I made for my Testosterone based on Test E half life and adjustment factors I made using my blood test. If correct this tells me my T level should fluctuate between 900-600. Knowing that I can monitor how I feel and make adjustments. Sorry forgot to mention the graph below uses Canadian measures so my Testosterone range would be about 21 to 21 nmol/l.

Attachments

• TRT.jpg
    TRT.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 603
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel